Will 2K7 be the most fun TF year ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nightrain, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    We are getting so many wild and different TF products, I can't help but wish I was a child again. If the Beatmix thing is what we think it is, I would've killed to have something like that in 1987. Not to mention a bunch of realistic items that turn into robots, some crazy auto transforming bumper car things, quick transforming versions of major characters(I would've loved that too), and that's all on top of the regular toys and Super Mega Hyper Bumblebee. Oh yeah, there's a Optimus helmet somewhere in there too.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm 15, and lemme tell you.

I'm gonna be fucking broke this year. Not just broke. Fucking broke.

3. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Only if you like the movie. Most of the Classics were really 2006, the only new ones we're getting this year are Ramjet and Cliffjumper. Then they'll probably be gone for the movie.

Alternators gave us Ravage, that's gone too.

I like some of the movie toys but some of them just don't interest me. The only one I could say I'd buy is the first "proper" Prime toy we saw, and then only if he was a Voyager or Ultra.

There are a few Titaniums I want of course, Rodimus and Soundwave came out this year, and I really want Magnus.

Apart from that, not such a fun year for me. Just as well, I have a lot of stuff to catch up on still.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Depends on who you ask

If you're planning on enjoying the movie and related movie merchandise. Then yes 2007's a good year to be a fan. If not, then it might be kind of slow except for some stray Classics or Titanium figures.

Hell even this year's BotCon is most likely going to be strongly Movie influenced somewhat

5. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

That's why I dislike when people tell movie "haters" to just "get over" the movie. It's going to be all encompassing; and probably heavily prominent until the entire trilogy runs it's course which will be a good 6 years at least.

6. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

2K7 ..... best year ever

until 2008

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It will be a fun year for me, because of MP Megatron!

8. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

Amen Brother!

9. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Oh, I almost forgot about Megs. I'm not sure, while I'd love to have MP Megs, his design just doesn't excite me as much as a large toy, unless they're going to make him really detailed.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    MP Megs, the last 2 Alternators, the entirety of the Classics, the Real Gear figures, some of the movie toys. Yeah, sounds like a good year, but I dunno if it'll be the best I've been through

11. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

As long as the reissue book styles are gone, then in my book it can't be the best year ever.

Besides the movie, I'm not that excited about anything I've seen other than the Prime protos and MP-05.

Seems like a slow year for me, which I'm not complaining about.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I sure hope so! :D 

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

87 was the best Transformer year ever, but this year will be pretty exciting :) 

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This Is Definteley The best year ever This Year I'm getting alot of older figures since I'm only Buying Some Action Battle Masters,Movie Barricade,Blackout, Scorponok,Brawl,Frenzy,Ratchet and Probably Optimus Prime aswell as The Regular Remaning Classics and titaniums (I Like)

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

As a fan more of TF media than the toys themselves I can honestly say yes, for me it'll be a pretty cool year.

I'll have an ongoing comic (of dubious quality, but I'm hoping for an improvement soon), access to a vast library of DVD material spanning the history of the franchise and a spectacular-looking live action movie from my favourite 'popcorn' director.

Add to this the release of the movie toys - Some of which look amazing and will definately tempt me back to collecting, and 2007 could be my biggest TF year yet.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's looking like a really slow year for me. A few Classics, the last two Alts, some Tits, and MP Megatron. I hate the movie toys' aesthetics, so I'm going to be skipping 95-100% of that line. Between the start of the movie and the launch of the Heroes toyline, there's really not much of anything TF-related I'll be getting.

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possibly not for me, alternators are on hiatus or done, the classics are done but may come back; I may go back to collecting some G1 re-issues, or put my collecting on hiatus and then see what lines turn up post movie. I may even get an odd movie toy, particularly Blackout.

But I can't see myself repeating the $700 spending spree of last month this year.

18. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Even if the movie doesn't turn out to be very good, it sure is a lot of fun just anticipating how the year will turn out. Plus, even if the movie tanks, some of the movie toys we've seen thus far look pretty good, IMO. I'm having loads of fun right now! Most fun TF year ever? Maybe!

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Movie Figures
    Classics
    Tites
    2 Alternators
    MP Megatron

and I havent heard anything about the TF Heroes show coming out in the fall being discredited so a lot more toys there.

In terms of toy volume it is going to be the greatest/worst year ever (my wallet wanted me to add worst)

On a plus side I see my collection growing by a lot this year with high quality goods.

20. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2007 will be a pretty rad year for TF's IMO. It will be like the 80's all over again, Transformers everything in the stores (Alphie's head will most likely explode) and Transformers will be brought into the spotlight again.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of all of this, I for one would love to see the line expand and grow in new ways. I would love to see an expanded universe take off in novel form, much like in Star Wars. There is much potential out there, and with a successful movie and marketing blitz, we could see some really cool stuff in the years to come.

2007 will be an important year, let us hope it goes well.