wildstorm's Nightmare....

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by IACON, Jan 19, 2007.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone reads Wildstorm's "Nightmare on Elm Street" ?

I few weeks back I had some store credit, at my local comics store and I decided to pick the first issue of Wildstorm's "Nightmare". As an old Freddy fan, I liked it very much and I think the stories are well good written. Each book is kinda different story that is somehow connected to the previous book. I like it.

[​IMG]

2. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Aye, I'm reading all three of Wildstorm's New Line Cinema horror books. Alsor ead them when they were being published by Avatar.

Personally, I'm finding Nightmare on Elm Street to be the weakest of the three titles. Chuck Dixon's first arc, "Freddy's War", really rubbed me the wrong way. The character dialogue was just fiercely terrible and the story was very weak, like Dixon was just phoning it in for a quick paycheck.

Issue #4 is a standalone story (though it does tie-in with the previous arc) and is Dixon's strongest issue so far. It was kinda funny in a dark sort of way and the parts that were written from Freddy's perspective were great. You get to see the nightmare world as *he* sees it for a change and you get to see how he works; which was rather cool.

The first arc was really bad but it's taken a step in the right direction. Still enjoying Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre better, though.

3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Y'know I agree with you to a certain level, there were some stuff that when I read it, I went like : "Whaaaa ?! Krueger would never say this or do that" but most of the time the essence of the character is there and that is why I like it.
    Issue # 4 is so far my fav as well.

I might pick up the rest (Friday + Massacre) and see how those are.

4. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

TCM is probably the best of the three. It's a sequel to the remake film (as opposed to the Avatar line, which was a prequel) and is actually handled really well. It's pretty much what I'd expect a sequel film to be like.

Friday the 13th, being written by Jimmy Palmiotti, is going really slow. Not sure where the plot is going, but hey, it has PLOT! So it can't be all bad.