Minor/Repaint: Wildrider Redone

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I did this custom a while ago, but the gloss black and gloss varnish just made it look garish, not to mention my painting skills were quite bad at the time, hence, i've had to totally redo the thing.

This time, i gave him a coat of Testors Aircraft Int. Black (I'm liking the shade more and more, for some reason), and then did his windows in Tamiya Russet, with a semi gloss varnish.

Unfortunately, i still had the same problem as before, with the lack of a Wildrider head, so i'm stuck with the Sunstreaker head.

I do have pics of it before I redid it, but i doubt you can see anything in them anyways, so i left them out.

EDIT: New pics.

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Not bad. Just a little bit of cleaning up (i.e. paint on wheels) and trimming off some of the white outline on the faction symbol and you should be set.

To make him look more like Wildrider, I would add some horns/antenna on both sides of the head that are small enough to fit when it slides in for alt mode. I'm thinking of Gundam kibble that you find on arms and shoulders.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, it should be ridiculously easy to make that very head look just like Wildrider's (I say ridiculously because it's so simply, it's highly likely to get overlooked for that very reason). Just grind down Sunstreaker's antennae until they're horizontal points. The head's gimmick will allow them to fold into the helmet for clearance issues, and the face itself already works quite well for WR. :) 

My only negative to share is that I think he'd look more like WR if the chest had silver on it, save the center of it, of course. That's just my opinion though.

4. Treadshot A1

The head only barely fits as is, hence i'm not sure how i can get horns in there. As for the wheels, i think i just got too excited and overlooked them. :D 

As for the faction symbol, i'm not sure what you mean by 'white outline'. If you mean the silver background, that i'll fix up (overlooked that too *facepalm*) tomorrow. *yawns*

Edit: Seems i get replies when i'm typing my own... At any rate, thanks for the tip, Redline. I overlooked that as well (what is wrong with me?! :lol ) Will have to do that asap. Not so sure where i'd put silver on him, and i've already drybrushed his chest and other parts silver, though i'm not sure if you can see them.

5. Satomiblood

Yea, silver. It just looks white in the photos.

And REDLINE's recommendation makes perfect sense.

6. Treadshot A1

I tried Redline's recommendation, and it works, just...it still screams Sunstreaker to me. :lol 

At any rate, i tried to redo the wheels, though it seems that the gaps between the spokes on the wheels aren't all even, leading to what looks like black spots in the pics. Guess i must've got a defective one from the start or something.

As for the stickers, i'm still thinking about how to fix that.It's almost impossible to get the paint off the stickers now, and i'm not sure if just putting another one on top would work, and be as durable?

7. Satomiblood

I think the head looks better. I would shave/trim a little more plastic off to even them out.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you have any putty? you could smooth out those horns with a thin amount of it, just enough to fill in the original molded grooves, that's probably what's making you stilll see SS.