Heavy/Scratch: Wildrider - No wild has been ridier!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Wildrider didn't have too much in the way of surprises. The biggest hurdle was trying to get his car hood to reach around the modifications I made to its hinges as well as flip down far enough out of the way to allow Menasor's knee to bend when he's in leg mode. His head was originally Deadend's head. While his boxart portrayed him with a normal face, the toy's face had rather indistinguishable details. I took a pin that I probably obtained from a butchered Energon figure and sanded down the tips until they were cone-shaped. I then drilled a hole through his head and glued the horns in place. His stickers came from reprolabels.com. The blue squares were actually cut from unused areas on Defensor's repro label sheet.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    man he's pure love bro. the head turned out great. I love that he has that head and can still combine with it! love the colors too.

3. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

your a genius dev!! I love that he got the real G1 head treatment!

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This guy looks SO cool! I think the only thing I miss from the original toy that's not on this custom is the darker "nickel-shimmer"ish paint job. I know that you want a cartoon accurate WR though.

Aside from that, I think the title of this thread defines this custom. :thumb 

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Great Job with the windows in the alt mode. Grade A, bro.

6. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Redline and Ptitvite: Thanks guys! I'm glad you like the new head. It's my favorite new feature!

Superquad7: Yeah, the original toy did have a very nice color scheme. If it wasn't for the cartoon I might have tried harder to emulate it.

Autobotx23: Thanks for noticing the vehicle mode windows! It always bothered me how the frames weren't colored in. Coloring them in also helps to hide the transformation seams.