Wikipedia: There is no proof that Roberto Orci is posting at Don Murphy's board

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

Yup, although I maybe an unreliable source for myself.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi Bob, hope you enjoy TFW. :D 

I mean, after you get over the whole thing of not actually posting here when you do. Wikipedia says so. *nodnod*

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Hey Bob, what are the odds of the mean green soda machine, Dispensor, carbonating his way into a second appearance?

4. Bob Orci

very low

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Too bad. I figured if he came back, the chance of him getting a toy would increase :( 

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there any chance of seeing any of the remaining 5 seekers in this film? Or even a reference to the name 'the seekers'? Will there be mention of sub-factions such as Ultracons, Constructicons, Wreckers etc?

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Bob, nice to "not" see you here. ;)  How are things looking on the shooting time table? Is the coming doom that is the SAG strike gonna slow things down, or are you guys bulletproof?

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Roberto, nice to see you spreading your wings and coming somewhere other than Murphy's board.

Any chance we'll see Optimus using his blade again in TF2?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh now see if you are too easy to find then we can't have all those nutters out this time with their crazy conspiracy theories about how the production team is spending millions just to rape someone else's childhood :D 

At least this means you get to drop some clues here and there to keep us guessing until next summer.

10. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think you guys should, instead of directly posting questions for Mr. Orci, continue to post as you normally would. If he feels like answering or wants to clarify something, I'm sure he'll jump in and make a comment (like he did here).

And Roberto, good to see you. Enjoy the place :) 

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome. It's a cool place here and most of us are pretty friendly in a non creepy way.

12. Bob Orci

bullet proof -- turns out Optimus Prime is not part of SAG

13. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    Orcilicious! Hope you don't mind if I fire some off.

1. Will Sam and Lennox get to interact in this movie? I rather liked the whole "You're a soldier now!" bit.

2. Ratchet's going to be shoved into the background again, isn't he? Can we at least see him repairing some bots? :( 

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I wouldnt be so sure on that, he did submit for membership with this glam shot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/2584758858_490bc924c5_o.jpg

You do one movie and all of sudden he needs an agent his own trailer ( pun intended ) and his official SAG membership. :) 

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    First:

Hi Mr. Orci/Roberto. I don't have any questions for you, but I liked the first movie and can't wait to see the second one. You guys seem like you have a lot of fun putting those films together and I know we here on TFW sure have fun watching them. :) 

Second:

I still hold to the fact that the math and sciences sections of wikipedia are both very credible and very reliable. Sections of wikipedia that deal with sensational subjects - like entertainment (i.e., our fandom, movie news, etc.) - are going to get heavily edited and so, yes, definitely, should be taken for a grain of salt. However, if you look at the wikipedia article on signal convolution and go "Oh, Jeez, WHATEVER! It's wikipedia, so it's TOTAL BULLSHIT"! I'm going to have to point out that that article explains convolution better than a lot of the explanations you'll find of that subject in textbooks. (This extends to mathematical principles from Calculus all the way up to the math-bordering-on-physics stuff, scientific principles, etc.)

16. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Once I had to edit a Disturbia Article on Wikipedia.org when someone went as far as saying that it was a remake of Rear Window and it honestly wasn't (It was just influenced by it). Then there was this Article Page for Cardcaptors (the US Dub for Cardcaptor Sakura), and the article was full of less than "netural" information, so I went along and edited it.

Someone thought it was a good idea to put the snide commentary back, but I had copied the page I edited and just replaced the fanboyisms with the netural information (I'm not sure if they've messed with since then). Then there was the Character Article for Alice in Resident Evil, that was riddled with radbid fanboyisms (one went as far as saying that one of her true name was "MARY SUE"), so I went and tweaked it. They changed it back, and I tweaked it again. I'm not sure what happened after that though. I wish some people would realize "Original Movie Character" is not a "MARY SUE" --- There's a major difference.

17. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

a problem with wiki is that unless you're quoting a newspaper or magazine, they assume you're lying, because apparently secondary sources always tell the factual truth, and primrary sources always lie, in their little world.
    what's funny is that newspapers and magazines often do their own research for things, and have their own interviews, making THEM primrary sources too. wiki's logic is self defeating.

18. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Damn this thread just got cool! I cannot wait for some robot designs to leak.

Welcome to tfw2005 Mr. Orci! The only thing I can hope for is some more wide angle shots. I know the bots are going to be more articulate. That is all.

19. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Well, strip my gears and call me a toaster! It's Mr. Orci himself! Welcome!

Back to the original thread topic, I've found wikipedia is a good resource for tracking down good resources, if citations are provided in an article. Otherwise, they can have whatever crazy rules and regulations they want.

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    And if you're quoting a book or a newspaper, you're automatically assumed to tell the truth, even though the book or newspaper might a) not actually exist, or b) not tell what you're claiming it does. Hardly anyone appears to actually try to verify the information just as long as it appears to cite a legit book or a newspaper. ;) 

Unless, of course, you're foolish enough to admit that you also happen to be the author of the book... in that case you're not allowed to cite your own work because you're "biased" or something.