Wikipedia: There is no proof that Roberto Orci is posting at Don Murphy's board

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So there is this guy posting at the official message board of movie producer Don Murphy. He's posting under the name of screenwriter Roberto Orci. Don himself has replied to Orci's posts in the past, addressing him as if he were indeed the screenwriter himself.

So one could assume that this was indeed the real Roberto Orci, since Don would certainly not support a fraud posting on his board for three years.

Enter Wikipedia. Because some Wikipedia editors live under the impression that official parties are an elitist circle that lives in its own secluded world and never ever interacts with the common people, they don't accept Orci's posts at the DM boards as a "reliable source". Why? Because there is no proof that this is indeed the real Orci, and even if he was, the Wikipedia rules clearly state that web forums are not a reliable source, and those rules are obviously set in stone regardless of circumstance.

2. Crimson Dynamo

Crimson Dynamo Well-Known Member

Who cares what Wiki sez? :wink: 

I know one of the board members who has met Orci in person through the board. I heard he's a cool guy.

3. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Wiki is a joke, In the past I have posted credible infomation on there and it gets removed or edited, While someone else will post garbage and it stays on there...

Example:
    There's a wiki about where I live and since i live here for 30 years I would claim I know a lot about Staten Island and a lot of historical stuff that has been documented in books and films and on the net. I edited a post about the abandoned rail road behind my house (Which is slated to be restored in a few years) and everything I wote was deleted because the mod claimed that all the source links I listed were non factual I was like wtf and had an open discussion with him showing proof of everything i filed into the post and they still rejected it.

Hell untill the Episode with Wreckgar aired on CN there was so many edits about wreckgar throwing his G-1 form in the episode on the tf wiki and the ppl who said it never happened in the edits even when a you tube link was posted showing the scene it was discredited as a fan work...

Serious ppl should run Wiki and not the jokers that do it now cause half of the stuff on there is inacurate.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wikipedia is a friggin' joke for most things.

The David Willis article has plenty of made up stuff on there that gets to stay, but as soon as I edit it to say he's not funny or popular it gets reverted within minutes. The hell?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wikipedia = not a credible or reliable source for information.

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wikipedia has quickly spun from being a brilliant information resource to what's essentially a DIY disaster. People post and edit things on there so quickly unless you already know the subject matter, it's impossible to verify and the misinformation is just getting more and more absurd and irritating.

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Wikipedia is no more reliable than imdb.com.

8. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Since when was Wikipedia EVER a reliable source?

All I see when I go on there is a bunch of sentences with "citation needed" after almost all of them.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If an Orci posts on a messageboard and there's no-one around to prove it, does that mean he posted at all?

Hmm... :inquisiti 

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well that would be a tough one to research since some poor bugger would have to subject themselves to the horror that is the Don Murphy board to find out who is posting there.

Roberto Orci posted over at the offical web site some so he's not above a bit of back and forth with the fans over the net, just not sure where all the places are that he will post something at these days.

11. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

How about right here?

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Of course, according to Wikipedia logic, there is no proof that the real Orci has posted at the official movie boards either. And even if he did, his posts there would still not meet Wikipedia's standards because "web forums are not a reliable source because the rules say so".

13. Rossicles

Rossicles Member

A happy ending :) 

14. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    Yay! Now Wikipedia can claim that there is no proof that you are posting at TFW2005. :lol 

15. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    so is it or is it not Roberto Orci??? Cuz I don't believe this whole targetmasters fiasco. The real Bob would not reveal that so easily. He's known for giving out vague information

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've heard some people consider Wikipedia a more reliable source for medical information than an actual doctor. Everyone can be a doctor nowadays:)  Thanks Wiki !

17. Bob Orci

I

hooray!

18. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OH SNAP! IT'S YOU! Thanks for keeping the lines of communication open. Rumors and speculation is everywhere. I'm really looking forward to the next movie!

19. Bob Orci

We've managed to keep the lid on a bit tighter this time.

20. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    Orcilicious! Are you going to be hangin' around these parts more often?