Wii's at Target/Best Buy this week?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ViperDragon, Jan 21, 2007.

1. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I checked the Target circular today and they showed the Wii for $249. Did they get them in stock? Did anyone have any luck finding one there today? Surely they wouldn't advertise it if they weren't getting some in. The last few weeks I haven't seen mention of them in any circular. I also read on the web as a rumor that Best Buy was to get to shipments in this Sunday and/or next.

Thanks!

ViperDragon

2. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I think the next big batch is being shipped out this week. [It seems every three or four weeks a large number of Wiis are being shipped out.] Circuit City advertised getting some in today. Best Buy had them advertised in today's flier; they claimed at least 20 per store.

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

They had them at Futureshops aswell. All sold for the most part. I wonder if I will ever get one :^ (. Especially since I don't know if they'll continue boxing Wii Sports with it.

4. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I doubt Wiis will be sold without Wii Sports anytime soon. Wii Sports is a pack-in to showcase the remote controller. Besides that, Wii Sports draws older adults in for the sale (if my brother didn't get a Wii for Christmas, I figured I'd buy one for my parents seeing how they enjoyed Wii Sports). [Also, Wii Sports is the reason the price is $250 instead of $200. Retailers wanted the Wii to have a higher price tag, so that was part of the motivation for having Wii Sports as a pack-in, to "justify" the $250 price tag.]

If they stop making it a pack-in, they'll probably sell it separately. Otherwise, I'd imagine game shops will start to see used copies coming in eventually.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I went out looking before work I saw 20+ outside Best Buy and Circuit City. Guess that is what they were there for..

6. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    And I thought Christmas was over with last month! :horse: 

PS3 -- no line to wait at a local Meijer well over a week before Christmas
    Wii -- been everywhere in the Greater Cincinnati Ohio area and can't find one to buy

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    My best friend finally got his Wii on Sunday. I called to let him know it was in the ad, he got to Target around 9. They had 4 left. The clerk told him they had received 45 units and had sold 41 in the first hour of being open 8O That's crazy

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw Wii's at Gamestop, EB Games on Sunday.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Saw them at my local WM last week.

Checked Target yesterday... sign said they were all gone.

10. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

we r getting a new super wal-mart nearbuy and the flyer said they have wii's...they r getting 5 (a whole whopping 5), small print at bottom of flyer, one per person...

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    They had 3 at a target I visited today. I was going to buy one but changed my mind at the last minute. I wanted one during the holidays but it was impossible to find around here...so my wii money went towards a 360. Boy was it tough to walk away from the wii.. I realy want to play Zelda.

12. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Good to hear that people are finally being able to find them! I've played Wii sports to death, and still love it, and I'm still trying to get through Zelda. Wii play is out in less then a month!!!

13. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I checked my local Target last night and they had 5x in stock. Haven't checked my Best Buy yet.

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

woohoo...went to my Target and there was one...snatched it...and right after i buy it, one of the guys calls the back and asks to bring the other 2 to the front....still had that same lonely 60gb PS3 though.

15. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Have you checked EB games or gamestop? My brother found them there the day after christmas and no one was waiting for them.

16. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

I saw 5 Wii's yesterday at a Target near here. Good thing I already had mine!

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I also saw about half a dozen Wii's at the target near me. They had Classic Contorllers but no Point Card, Nunchucks, or wiimotes though.

18. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    What is Wii Play? I will probably look it up now, but I am curious what your description of it would be.

I haven't seen any Wiis since I bought mine about a 3 weeks ago. I have been able to find another Wiimote and nunchuck to go w/ it (which makes boxing more fun), but I haven't even seen any more of those around. Seriously, is it that hard to at least make the controllers for the damn thing???

GL to everyone looking. The Wii is a lot of fun.

19. OmegaScourge

Wii Play is mini-games...and it comes with a remote...all for $50.

as for accessories, i dont think it gets restocked as fast as the systems (lol)

20. OmegaScourge

hows it that i was able to find a 3x Wii (1x were out and the other two were still at the back which they brought out after i bought mines) at a Target but havent seen a single DSlite at any of the 3x Targets or 3x Fred Meyers.