Wii Will Want to Play

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    So thanks to most of a week's pay, I have a Wii. I Picked it up this morning at 6:00 when my shift ended. But... since my parents had agreed to pay for part of it as my Christmas present, so I don't get it until the 25th. *shrugs* Eh, I can wait.

Now I get to ask for games for Christmas. I'm thinking Wii Play (mostly for the second remote), Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition.

I also need to look into whether or not I can get online with our wireless router, since the Virtual Console was one of the big selling points for me. I can apparently get on WiFi with my DS (but haven't tried it yet), but I doubt that's a guarantee for the Wii.

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats, I take it you're working stocking at Toysrus like you planned?

Ah, I'm kind of burned out with console gaming honestly :/ I'm thinking of parting with my PS2 collection to get some cash...I don't plan on buying another PS2, that was my second one that blew up...and the PS3 isn't my thing...neither is the 360 honestly

You'll have to give me your friend code, since my siblings have Wii's. That way if I have any spare monies I can gift you a game, though I can't promise you I won't be mean and give you a shitty game XDDD J/King. You have the port of Okami to look forward to and all kinds of stuff.

I've got a PSP Daxter Pack waiting for me under the Xmas tree this year. That'll be fun, and i'll have to import some of the Gundam games. Ghiren's Greed is coming out for PSP, and I look forward to sticking it to the Feddies.

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Why does no one like the Federation? I love those guys :D 

Anyway!

Wii Zapper and Resident Evil : UC
    Zelda : Twilight Princess
    Battalion Wars 2
    Fire Emblem : Radiant Dawn
    Rayman : Raving Rabbids 1 & 2

ummmm....*shrugs*

Sounds like that's it.

4. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zeon deserves some love too, especially with characters like Rambla Ral "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku"

As far as games go...
    I second Wii Zapper and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
    Zelda: Twilight Princess

I really really suggest Zack and Wiki Barbaros (I keep wanting to call it Barbados Treasure) Treasure
    You might want to get Pokemon Battle Revolution to compliment Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, which you really enjoyed
    And gotta have at least 1 party game: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I <3 the Gouf.

I also second the Zack and Wiki game. Looks to be a load of fun. And it's cheap!

6. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mean to derail the thread...since I have the painful image in my head of a train crashing killing all the passengers with it being derailed...but, I need to get a Gouf model kit eventually. I've got a Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam and Master Grade MS6 Zaku II Char under the tree for the holidays.

[​IMG]
    vs.
    [​IMG]

If you can find them, I suggest picking up the Metal Slug Anthology and Elebits from Circuit City. Both are pretty darn solid games, and are like 17 bucks on clearance!

[​IMG]
    ^ This might be something you might want to take advantage of at TRU

7. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I'd suggest trying the Wii and GC versions of Twilight Princess and see which you prefer before buying.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Why the hell hasn't Metroid Prime 3 been recommended yet? Freakin fantabulous game.

9. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Worst case scenario is that you might have to buy the USB WiFi adapter, and you'll probably need it anyway with our school's internet (assuming you don't have a wireless router that's compatible in your room).

10. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

they all were they all were.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Damn straights they were.

12. Megtrondude 999

Megtrondude 999 Ruler of the Decpticons

Quick question: why did the Revolution get changed to Wii

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Instead of a wireless router I got one of these:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3345

and it works great.

14. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Somehow I forgot about Twilight Princess. Maybe it's because when it got released I kept thinking "I'll just get it for GameCube" but never did, so I didn't come to a final decision.

I've heard good things about both Zack and Wiki and Metroid Prime 3, but before I get MP3, I'd rather play 1 and 2.

As much as I like Pokemon, I don't think I'll bother with Battle Revolution since I'm not really into the competitive battling scene yet.

And getting a party game is inevitable. WarioWare is probably in the lead because of it's "pass the Wiimote" gameplay and the fact that accommodating four players is still foreign to me (I only have 2 GameCube controllers).

...and I think I will have to get the USB WiFi adapter. When I thought that our router was compatible, I missed something important. After trying to connect to WiFi on my DS and getting Error Code 51300, I found out that our 2Wire Wireless Gateway broadcasts on 802.11g, which Nintendo says may not be compatible. Unless there's something else I'm missing, that appears to be why I can't connect.

I figured I might as well get the USB adapter for when I'm at school, but I didn't want to have to get it while I was still at home.

Which systems do you use it for, D_C? And is it difficult to install and use like some of the reviews from that site say?

Considering it's half the price of Nintendo's dongle, it's tempting, but I might look for more reviews about it after seeing the warning about Wifi Max in the other thread.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

It works with anything that supports Wi-Fi, the first review listed is mine, like it says I had a hard time getting ti to work with zone alarm at first - but that was because of zone alarm.

I have used it with Nintendo DS and Wii.

16. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Well, mainly because Wii sounds like "we," as in all of us, as in everyone plays, regardless of age or something.

And yeah, some of us didn't like the name when we first found out about it. But over time, we began to like it.

*Hugs his Wii*

17. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I never played the Metroid games. Also, I can get Corruption for 40% off. :D 

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I'd get the USB Wi-Fi from Nintendo. It works great, as long as you don't have alot of walls in between the PC and the Wii. I have mine in a seperate room and I have no problems connecting. The only problem you may run into is your firewall.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Then do yourself a favor and play Metroid Prime 1, 2 and take advantage of that discount for 3.

FYI, I got Assassin's Creed for free. :D 

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Jerk!