Wii Virtual Console this week

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thought i'd do a Wii Virtual Console update. I might do this every week if it's ok.

This week we get--

CLU CLU LAND-- (from wiki) Clu Clu Land's story starts with a type of Sea Urchin, the Unira, stealing all of the treasures in the underwater kingdom of Clu Clu Land. Bubbles, the hero, sets out to retrieve the treasure. The object of the game is to uncover all the golden Ingots in each stage while avoiding the Unira and Black Holes. The golden Ingots usually form an outline of something, such as a heart or a mushroom. There are Turning Posts throughout the stage, and that's the only way Bubbles can turn around to go to another side. Bubbles can stun the Unira by using a Sound Wave. When they're stunned, Bubbles can push them into the wall to get rid of them and receive points.

(By the way, bubbles is a girl!)

[​IMG]

SUPER MARIO RPG-- (from wiki) In Super Mario RPG, Mario, Bowser, Princess Toadstool, Mallow and Geno fight as allies in the first console role-playing game (RPG) in the Mario series. It contains token similarities to many other Square role-playing games such as Chrono Trigger and the Final Fantasy series with a story and action-based gameplay based on the Super Mario Bros. series.

[​IMG]

Mario RPG gets a usa release! I think i'll go get some wii points today.

2. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    YES! Super Mario RPG!

*Goes off to download*

3. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Or play it free via zsnes... de la la....

4. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    zsnes is laggy on my comp, so I got it on VC.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Some people owning their games legitimately.

like me.

6. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Yeah, but after all its only data. Buying data and not actually having an item in hand is a bit bleh. Well for me at least heh.

7. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    It's about time they put that game on Virtual Console. If I didn't already have it and a working SNES I would buy it.

Post #2000. About time.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    but the VC release lets you never have to worry about your cartridge battery dying.

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, for making this thread this is all I use my Wii for is VC gaming. I am looking forward to future updates. :D 

10. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I actually spent most of the last day getting my Wii online again (having issues with it since getting a Wireless router for my PS3)- the USB connector wasn't working... still isn't working 100%, but enough for me to download this game.

Of course, I played for a bit, died, had to redo a lot of stuff as I missed a savepoint, and then got a ways in again and died again. This game is a lot tougher than it's semi-sequels.

11. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    subscribes!!

im only going to be looking on here for one thing

Megaman 9!

but other updates can be interesting...such as mario rpg

12. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I'll be waiting for Megaman 2. (I'll pick up 9 for the ridiculous 360 achievements).

13. Gaastra

News Credits:
    This week we get---(from vc press release)

Final Solider (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Mild Fantasy Violence, 700 Wii Points): A vertically scrolling shooter from the well-known Soldier series. In the 23rd century, invaders from the future suddenly attack Earth. Controlling a fighter created by the world's scientists, you rise to meet the enemy. Collect power-up units, such as LASER, E-BEAM, FIRE and MISSILE, and then equip them in Options to launch a variety of attacks. For each of these weapons, you can freely select from three different types in SET-UP. Anticipate enemies' strikes and deftly switch between weapons to defeat the invaders. In addition to NORMAL GAME, there are also 2 MINUTE GAME and 5 MINUTE GAME score-attack modes. The most perfect blend and balance of any game in the series, Final Soldier is a title you don't want to miss.

[​IMG]

Cho Aniki (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone and Older—Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, 900 Wii Points): The odd world in this shooter made for quite the conversation piece in its day. Players control either Idaten or Benten, celestial warriors out to bring an end to the tyrannical rule of the emperor of Planet Builder, who holds muscular prowess to be the supreme virtue of the universe. Aided by able-bodied muscle-head options Adon and Samson, they must battle to defeat the emperor's army across five stages. Use the buttons to fire away and lay into the Builder forces. Power up your character and options with protein from defeated enemies to have them "bulk up" with a yell, and take their macho battle to the next level.

[​IMG]

Wiiware

Groovin' Blocks (Empty Clip Studios, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): A music-based game like no other, Groovin' Blocks adds innovative musical game play to an addictive action/puzzle game foundation. Play to the rhythm of the music to increase your score, and try to hit "Superbeats" to double your multiplier. Go for the high score in each of the 27 stages as you collect stars to unlock 15 levels of power-ups. Groovin' Blocks features three skill levels, from the accessible Casual to the fiendish Hard mode. Play with your friends in co-op mode or against them head-to-head. Head-to-head brings it up a notch as the power-ups now become attacks on your opponent. Play head-to-head with people of all skill levels using a golf-style handicapping system.

14. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Nope, US. I'm floored that they released this in the US, and that it was only rated E10. So Nintendo blocked Bionic Commando from a VC release because of one animation at the very end that most people will never see, but a shooter filled with penis guns is a-okay.

15. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

my sister has 1500 points that she's been saving since her birthday, waiting for a good game to come out. i'm so tempted to convince her to get cho aniki instead of mario rpg, just to get a reaction from her.

16. Gaastra

News Credits:
    This week we get (from vc press release)

[​IMG]

Mega Man 2 (NES™, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 500 Wii Points): Widely regarded by fans as one of the greatest action games of all time, Mega Man 2 is the second title in the seminal NES series. With even more stages and robot masters than the previous installment, its sheer size and scope are enough to get any action gamer's heart palpitating. The year is 200X. Dr. Light's super-robot, Mega Man, has succeeded in smashing the evil ambition of the nefarious Dr. Wily, and peace reigns over the planet. However, Dr. Wily proves to be a hard man to keep down and has returned with a new army of robot masters in tow to challenge our hero. Can Mega Man save the world again?

Wiiware

Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free (Telltale Games, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older-Crude Humor, Mild Cartoon Violence, Use of Alcohol, 1,000 Wii Points): Strong Badia the Free is the second of five monthly episodes starring Strong Bad-the self-proclaimed "coolest person ever"-and the rest of the cast from the popular Homestar Runner Web cartoons. When Strong Bad fails to obey the King of Town's totally unfair e-mail tax, he's placed under house arrest. Once freed from his wrongful imprisonment, Strong Bad goes on a mission to unite the local warring factions under the Strong Badian flag. Is Free Country USA ready for such an awesome ruler? Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free also has the Videlectrix arcade classic "Math Kickers Featuring the Algebros," plus all-new achievements, collectibles, costumes and Teen Girl Squad comics. You can even use Strong Bad's Lappy to send e-mails and pictures to your Wii Friends™. So what are you waiting for? Fire up Strong Badia the Free and get ready to kick some doughy King of Town butt.

Potpourrii (Abstraction Games, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): In the puzzle game Potpourrii, everything revolves around the seasons. For centuries, the seasons have followed a set pattern. But then things start to go awry in the forest. Suddenly it's snowing while the sun shines and flowers bloom while leaves are falling. Then a strange purple goo appears. The leprechauns are stunned. Even worse, the magic oak of life loses its power. It all turns out to be the fault of an evil wizard. You must help the leprechauns defeat him and restore natural order. To do this, you need to collect seasonal spirits. Pick them up with the spirit cannon, shoot them at the center of the screen, group them and make them disappear. But watch out-they get faster and faster. In short: Potpourrii is a puzzle game that keeps you hooked with its colorful visuals, beautiful effects and easy-to-use controls using the Wii Remote™ controller. Play alone or with a second player, and even use your Mii™ character.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mega Man 2 huh? I have that one on the PS2 MegaMan collectors disc still waiting on U.N. Squadron, Super Battletoads, & Rock N' Roll Racing. :( 

18. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

This figures. I was waiting for Megaman 2, so of course my Wii dies.
    I also have the Megaman collection, but some of the music was changed in Megaman 2 and I prefer the old school music.

19. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Bah, I'm still awaiting Earthbound.

20. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack 3DS

I got SUPER MARIO RPG Woot.