Wii VC to get Sega Master system

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Great news! Wii is the ultimate emu-solution for those who want it on a real TV or are too lazy to google and risk PC crippling virii XD

Man, Alex Kidd in Shinobi Land was so good :( 

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, where do I start....

Phantasy Star 1
    Govellius (FTMFW)
    Y's
    Alex Kid
    Wonder Boy in Monster World
    llamatron's Balls
    Twin-Twist's Press A Adventure
    Space Harrier
    After Burner
    Kenseiden (who remembers this one)
    Spellcaster
    Miracle Warriors (I think this one is more Nostalgia than actually good)

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Okay, I guess. Can't see myself buying any Master System games, but more VC is always better.

5. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just hope it leads to Game Gear games. The Game Gear was home to some fantastic Sonic games. Granted I have them on the Sonic Mega Collection. If I ever got a Wii, it would be solely for the VC.

6. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I think that one is already available on VC.

However, did you mean:

Wonder Boy
    Wonder Boy in Monster Land
    Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair - Already out called Monster Lair on TurboGrafx
    Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap - Already out called Dragon's Curse on TurboGrafx
    Wonder Boy in Monster World - Out for Sega / Genesis
    Wonder Boy in Monster World - Already out called Dynastic Hero on TurboGrafx

7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We totally need Game Gear and Gameboy/Gameboy Color on the VC. And since they're working with Sega so much, I'd still like to see if they could get Saturn games up there also (once they finally come out with an external harddrive).

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

cool...havent bought any VC games in a while...but the more the merrier

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a modded Xbox (now broke), and someone got me a disk with roms for pretty much every legal SNES, Genesis, Turbografx, Game Gear, and Master System games on it. I spent a lot of time catching up on some games I missed out on when I was a kid, and I must say there really was little on the Master System worth playing nowadays UNLESS for nostalgic reasons. Even on the NES, which I did play many games, the mechanics are just too dated for me to spend good time on a game. Oh well, more power to the Wii and all, but that system really seems to have few titles that withstood the test of time in my opinion.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Phooey. I wanted some Sega Saturn games. :banghead:  Oh well, they'll come soon enough. But I've never heard of the Sega Master System, only in the Angry Video Game Nerd vids. It's kind of like Sega's answer to the NES...almost.

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Phantasy Star 1 is the only SMS game I would be interested in.

I second the want for Saturn games, I mean they already have Turbo Graphics CD games, so it wouldn't be totally unprecedented to see games from a CD based system.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok the one I mean is the crazy game where you literally get ONE life... yes, ONE life. You go through the game collecting shit and building up your little guy, you carry around a sword and fight the little snakes, and at the end you fight the Mechadragon... It's Wonder Boy in Monsterland, I believe, and it was for SMS.

Now you seem well-versed in Wonder-Boy lore, so I ask you this. I downloaded a rom once to the most amazing little Wonderboy game. IT had a female character with Green hair, and was so much bloody fun to play, except for one minor issue. In any emulator I played it on, no matter how many different places I downloaded the ROM from, the enemies were invisible. IT wasn't part of the story, they were just invisible. I want to play that game so badly, but I can't find a working copy of it, or even know where it's from, because it wasn't released here.

If that game came out for the VC, I'd buy a Wii (yes 250 bucks) for that game alone.

Edit: Ok, I checked my ROM.. It's called WonderBoy 6 (Monster World 4)

What's weird is that when you let the game play itself, you can see the enemies. What happens is when the enemies are still you can see them, but when they jump, they flicker away. And it's not a part of their attack, it looks like a bug :( 

13. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I believe Nintendo said at one point they weren't going to emulate handheld systems with the VC system.

Now, I wouldn't mind a PORTABLE Nintendo Gameboy 3.0 with motion sensing and portable VC support via Nintendo's WiFi connection along with having Bluetooth.

Now, it is only time before we get Sega Saturn support on VC and the original NiGHTs game plus other Saturn hits.

Sega, with Nintendo's help, could really "position" itself to launch a lot of archived and forgotten games. BUT, the Wii's major downfall is its lame 512MB of FLASH memory. Dumbass Nintendo.

I wish they had incluced 2GB or MORE of memory or at least more storage space of some sort.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The Saturn has about 10 processors and arcitecture that makes most emulator coders weep, your not going to get a universally compatable software emulator for a system like that running at a usefull speed on a 700mhz PowerPC chip.

Thats not to say that they can't port the games to run natively on the Wii hardware, but i'd have to doubt the economic viability of doing that for anything that hasen't already been ported to the PC or PS2.

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Double post FTL, E-Penis -1.

16. KidDynamite

Kotaku slipped the little nugget into their story that Game Gear games were coming too, sourced from IGN.

http://kotaku.com/348928/master-system-coming-to-vc

17. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If Nintendo ever released a VC only version of the Wii, I would snatch it up. They put Sony and MS to shame with their downloadable game offerings.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hope Sega CD hits eventually (with some good compression tech, of course). There weren't a lot of good games on it, but it'd be great to have Sonic CD, the Lunars, Snatcher, and Popful Mail in the lineup on a system that isnt as prone to random death as the Sega CD.

19. KidDynamite

Yep. Shame about the limited storage though. I hate shuffling things off and on an SD card. So cumbersome.

Now, if they released a VC standalone with a hard drive, that would be awesome.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Actually, I disagree with you here. I think if Nintendo were delivering original content as well as old bobbins then you might have a point, but until they start doing so I will prefer PSN and XBLA which have classics (less so on PSN) and excellent original content also.

Also Nintendo's pricing is fucked up. Badly.