Wii VC: Break it Down (cue DX song)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Nov 1, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Wii VC: Break it Down (cue DX song) - Updated with EU Selection

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7143

UPDATE 1:
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7143

still wish it was region-free....but if they did, i think there would be like a million titles to choose from (if everyone does support the VC will all their respective titles)

UPDATE 2:
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/743/743757p1.html

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I wanna know why japan gets super mario bros, super mario world, zelda link to the past, etc but not the US :( 

3. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with the North American VC lineup, as there are games in there that I have missed. I'm a bit envious of the Japanese lineup, but I know those popular titles, such as Street Fighter II and Zelda, will make it eventually, probably in the New Year. Remember, 10 new titles will be added each month! Maybe this is because the North American launch lineup has more of a selection, whereas the Japanese selection (I think this is correct) has fewer and less varied games?

Seems to me Nintendo would have wanted more renowned classics at launch to entice who remember them long ago, though. I mean, who remembers Pinball over Super Mario Bros.?

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They're probably holding back the bigger virtual console games to help sales of retail Wii games. In Japan it's not as big of a problem. We'll get them eventually, just not off the bat.

Personally, I'm hoping 07 gives us a much bigger N64 lineup, there's a lot of games I haven't played in a long time and my N64 controllers are too worn to eBay them.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

WTF is this?! Japan is good enough for Contra III but we are not??!

But other than that I guess its ok. Classic Zelda and Mario are fun.

Also, they need to get Majoria's Mask on the VC. Im having an hankering to play that game, which is a problem, because sadly I dont have that game.

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Japan gets Castlevania IV and we don't?

That's one game I would buy a wii for ASAP

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    we will, you know we will, just not at launch, unfortunately.

8. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Most of those Genesis games can be found on any $10-$20 Sega collection game on a previous console. Hopefully companies will be doing promotions and such for VC games, because Urban Champion and Tennis are not worth $5.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

That's the only console Zelda game that i haven't bought when it came out....and that's the only console game that i haven't played, even though i have it now (through the Zelda Cleector's Disc from Nintendo Power)...and i always wanted to play it but some other game always comes up.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I don't care what classic games we're getting, just let me be with Super Mario 64 again!

Which, to my luck, is actually going to be coming out by the end of this year. NICE.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Boo to holding back Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World in the US. I have a pretty good guess as to why (hello Super Mario Galaxy release hype/promotion!), but it still sucks.

Also sucks that most of the (for now) exclusive Japanese games are awesome while we get stuck with Urban Champion and Pinball, but I'm sure they'll all end up released for us eventually as well. Better to pace the good releases anyway, so I'm not stuck shelling out $100 right out of the gate for VC games.

12. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gunstar Heroes??

The Wii VC just went up in my estimation.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

...those prices kinda... suck.

14. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Seems like a decent selection, not a whole lot of heavy hitters, but still a good variety. The Genesis games are a pretty good lineup, although they are on the upcoming Genesis collection, but that's only PS2/PSP so it balances out a bit (aside from cost). And either I haven't been paying attention or just plain forgot, but the inclusion of TurboGrafx-16 games is a nice surprise.

As for the prices, I'm torn on those. $10 seems fair for an N64 game. Not too sure about the rest of them, though I'd probably be willing to pay the fee for just the right game.

Since we're obviously getting most of the games that Japan's VC has eventually, I'm not terribly jealous, especially since I'm not going to get a Wii for some time since I can't afford it. But what really bums me out is the inclusion of Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo. That's the game that Marth is from, and I seriously doubt we'll see it here since it was never released in the US before.

15. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gunstar Heroes is quite a high level of awesomeness.

Also stoked about Bonk, but I saw that coming.

Quite slim pickin's for the SNES which is a let down, but hopefully they will release more soon. Some of those Japanese releases I really hope we are getting eventually, like New Adventure Island, Contra 3, Donkey Kong Country, SMW, Zelda 3, Castlevania 4....

16. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I gotta have Earthbound. I'm so sad not to see that on the list.

17. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd like to have seen super metroid i think its the only metroid game i have never played but to be honest the prices are putting me off, i don't know how it works in the us but in europe whenever you buy a game theres so many game points in there which you can use on the nintendo europe site and save up, you can only buy useless things like wallpaper and stuff but it would be nice if they used a system like that to get these games so you could get some by buying so many games rather than just paying for them, as great as mario 64 is for ten dollars i have it on the ds and the n64 so won't buy it and i'm sure thats how people will feel about alot of games

18. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I'm a little worried about that lack of N64 titles... that's kinda odd that there's only 1. Hopefully it's not a "this system is too hard to port into an emulator" type of thing and it's not going to limit the titles we get from it.

Other than that... I know it's a waiting game for certaint titles, but there's really only a few games that I'd like to pick up for that as I have most of the titles on working systems around here somehwere.

I'm looking at you, Genesis.

19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I really, REALLY hope we get more SNES and N64 titles!!!!!

Other than that, not too bad!

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Not liking the selection OR the prices.