Wii Specs Revealed

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 03Mach1, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Wow. Is it just me or is that a rediculously low ammoutn of memory, especially on the video card? i knew it would be lower than the 360 and PS3, but I didn't think ti was that low.

3. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    That overview sounds promising.

But the sensor responding to strong light sources sounds bad for those of us who have a front projection system.

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Im still taking these specs with a grain of salt. Based on what I've seen from Ubisoft concerning Wii games and assuming that they are in-engine screens, I'm thinking that the Wii GPU may be a little bit more powerfull than that, or at least a tad more efficient version of Cube's GPU.

I too am very worried about this, as I really want to play Zelda on my big screen. :(  But I think Reggie said that the Wii sensor will work well on everything from small TVs to large projector setups.. so I guess I'll find out in November or whenever its released :p 

5. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

IGN said it was mainly just Halogen and Flourescent though and it should be fixed if you just retune the signal from the sensor bar by "marking it's two coordinates"

Anyways, for the most part this was expected. I've seen claims in the past with stronger CPU specs, but this could be a little less recent Wii specs for a company. Or it could all be fake. Whatever. No surprises here.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Interesting

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

hopefully this is it or about it....can't wait for the whole picture to be shown (Disc covers, discs, price, colors, etc etc)...Wii got 2 months til OCT...

but like the GC which has shown that a weaker system can put as good or greater graphics than the other stronger one (as shown in RE4), even though the specs are lower, in time, i think the Wii can look just as great.

8. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Well it was announced before that the Wii's graphical hardware would basicly be a Gamecube on steroids.

Really the cube already looks awsome, so anything on Wii should be an improvement on that.

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tell that to Madden 07.

10. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I am still waiting until Nov. 2007 before I buy next gen. I want to see who wins and what price drops occur.

11. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It looks like a lot of the same info speculated months ago. Funny that it is on an xbox site and not on a more nutral site like IGN.

12. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

It is a Microsoft site! Not a neutral site!

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

In what universe does RE4 look as good on PS2 as it looks on GameCube? The lighting alone is worlds different. It still looks good, sure, for a PS2 game, but it's not "as good or greater" by a long shot.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

If this is true it's going to be cheaper than Smegs when the Sailors hit port.

15. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

I think he focuses more or less on the "system part" (as in, GC is weaker than whatever other system is stronger(no brainer)) and that Resident Evil 4 represents a game that is much prettier tha other games to come out on said stronger system rather than the weaker and stronger version of RE4 itself. (That probably won't make sense for you)

Point, but on the Red Steel blog, the team claims that they only had one month prior to E3 to cook something up and doo dad with the graphics. I can only imagine EA had something similar to if not less time to do the same thing considering Ubisoft was up there for getting Dev Kits out. If I had to take a guess at the reason the pictures weren't so hot, it would be that EA had rather limiting amount of time with their dev kits.

That said, I have seen a few videos. The animation is fluid. The graphics actually weren't as bad as people made them out to be either.

16. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Ehh.. The specs are subject to scrutiny. It doesn't mention some of the *ram I think* That was actually comfirmed to be used by the manufacturer.

17. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

what Jesus is said, that is exactly what i meant.

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For the first time in a long time...Maybe even ever, the specs and power may be the least important aspect of the system. People buying a Wii aren't buying it to have the graphically superior system. They're buying it because they want to try something new, something potentially amazing.

The game looks are going to be GC quality, and that's fine with me. As long as I get to try something never done before and have fun doing it, then looks are a minor issue.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Agreed.

Let's face it - the Wii is going to be the new GameCube, literally. In fact, I'll just call it "GameCube Advance" ... but the controller is what is making this thing look interesting.

That fails to impress me? I'll regret the Wii.

20. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I don't care if the characters look like stick figures, if the gameplay surpasses anything I've ever tried before. My prediction is that it will be fun, but it will be a bit of a let down with people expecting a completely free range of movement and getting canned responses instead.