Wii Problems

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys. Last night when we got home, we noticed that our clocks were all reset (The power had gone off, though not-storm-related), anyway. Just now, I noticed that the Wii's yellow light wasn't on. I tried to power it on and nothing. I tried unplugging it from the surge protector and onto something else and nothing. Basically, it's dead in the water, unless there is some kind of reset button (everything else on the power strip is working fine).

Has this happened to anyone, and if I am allowed to exchange it (I bought it a little over a month ago), what happens to all of the games I bought online?

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

unfortunately. the games you bought online. since they arep linked to the individual systems. and not the account because there is no account.. you'll have to pay them again. not even memory card transfer is allowed.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember someone here telling me that if I registered with this one site, Nintendo would remember what I bought. I registered, but I forgot the link. I found some solutions on Nintendo's web site, but I'll check again after Dinner. This will blow if I lose my shit because that's like 80% of the games we own on the Wii. But it seems like Nintendo has seen this problem before.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, the link from Nintendo worked. Whew, thank freekkin' goodness.

5. MetalRyde

damn. i forgot about that. its the MyNintendo thing.

i cant remember much but i think you can get them back free now.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's cool, it works now, thanks to Nintendo's very clear explanation. For the record, if this ever happens to any of you guys. Unplug the AC adapter from both the Nintendo and the Wall. Let it sit there for two minutes to reset itself, and then plug it into the Wii first and then to a non-power strip wall. That should fix it. Thanks again for the suggestions, Metal.

7. MetalRyde

waaaaiiit.... you mean people dont do that normally with all electronic device? wat is the matter with you people?!

well at least i tried to help(i dont think i did.)

im off to fat princess.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah, games are all tied to your club nintendo account if you connect your wii to the account. if you send in your wii for repairs or end up having them send you a replacement, nintendo will transfer your licenses.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just never had it happened to me (lose power on a device like that). I'll try to get on tonight Metal. I haven't been ignoring your invites, it's just that it's not always me playing on the PS3 and sometimes we're just watching movies, like we just finished watching Coraline. :)