Wii preorders start tomorrow

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by meetoblivion, Oct 12, 2006.

1. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Just got an email. Wii preorders for instore are starting tomorrow morning. They are very limited as per the email.

They're running some specials as well for trade-ins and preorders.

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I went to Gamestop today and reserved the Wii with Zelda: Twilight Princess already.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PWNED!

So are you guaranteed to get one ON Nov. 19th? Or is it along the same lines of crap they were spewing about the PS3 about how that you can reserve one, but you might not get it on the launch day?

4. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i'm fairly certain they've had software available for a while at this point, just that now they're officially doing console preorders.

5. FreshDebesh

Well, from what I understood, in order to qualify to be on the list for the Wii hardware, you have to put money down on any Wii launch title. So yeah, its kind of like having a ticket to reserve the Wii, but I'll still have to wait outside when it shows up and hope to get one. Either way, if I don't get in on the first shipment, I'll get in on the next one.

Are there any actual stores where you're guaranteed to get a Wii on launch? If there is, I'll gladly get my 5 bucks back from Gamestop.

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Where? What's the exact deal for preorders? MORE INFO!!

7. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I have no idea...That's why I asked, because I do have one preordered through Amazon, but I kind of want to have it to play on launch day...And that wont be the case there.

So if I were to be guaranteed a launch console with my reservation I would make sure to line up tomorrow at my nearby Gamestop and put in the preorder...then cancel the Amazon one. I have no problem camping out...Hell I love doing stuff like that. I just want to safely assure myself one for that Sunday.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

damn. On friday I have class from 9 to 12. :(  Im goint to have to send one of my family members out for me. I really wanted to stand out there myself.

9. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok...scratch my curiosity...Just got the email from Gamestop

balls.

10. Gigatron_2005

yeah, but I would think that it would be very likely that you would be able to get your system on Nov19. Remember, Nintendo is making a shitton of these things. They are not going to be as scarce as the PS3 or 360... Unless something goes horribly horribly wrong.

11. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

Pshhh, are we even completely certain you won't be able to just walk in launch day??

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Not sure about how limited launch day will be... who really knows? I work in a plaza with a Gamestop and the manager told me today that their store is only going to have 18 available for pre-order, 14 after the employees get theirs. So basically get there way early if you want in she said, as people will be there at dawn. Don't know if that's the case with every store...although if you're smart you won't take a chance. Lord knows new consoles are hard to come by at launch. I'm just hope I'm early enough to be able to get mine in as I'll be there first thing tomorrow.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my gamestop is full of ******s, they knew nothing about it at all. Gamecrazy said they weren't doing Wii pre-orders at all, and EB said they'd be starting tomorrow.

14. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

To pre-order, or not to pre-order...
    In otherwords: to put more than I need towards my Student loan, or suffer the minimum payments for 2 months. Hmm..

15. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    EB won't let me pre-order one as my brother is an employee and is reserving one. So I have to go to a different EB and use a fake name. But it's ok that the employees' friends can all preorder; some are even being let in the store early. Fair huh?

I think I'm gonna go get my Wii at Best Buy or something at launch.

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Pre-ordering a game does NOT get you on the list to pre-order the system. Whoever told you that is a flat out liar. The letter that GS/EB HQ sent out to their store managers earlier this week stated they can not force bundles on people, or give preferential treatment to customers who have pre-ordered Wii games or accessories. It's still first come, first serve for the pre-order tomorrow morning.

Here's a link to the letter:

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/scan0s001_01.jpg

Paragraph 4 explains it.

17. Gigatron_2005

I called my local EB and gamestop earlier, I think my EB guy said that they were geting 4 units in (but he could have said 40, I couldnt hear him that well over my cell phone). Gamestop said that they were not allowed to tell me, but the number was less than 50.

Good luck everybody!

18. Rokkit 2.0

Rokkit 2.0 Nay, we are but men.

I'm hearing, in this area, around 15-25 units per store. The closest to me is only allowing 18 preorders.

He said they had about 30 calls today.

So they will be more available...but I think it is still a risk to assume they will be on shelves through launch. And certainly Xmas is going to come into play soon enough after.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I may go to Gamestop this weekend and preorder Wii. It'll be the first Nintendo system I own since SNES. PS3 can wait a couple of years til they lower the price on their system and have better games (not to mention more internet games).

20. FreshDebesh

Got a call from Gamestop tonight about hanging out at their store before it opens. I don't think that will happen for me. Oh well, if I get one great, if not I'll wait for a later shipment.