Wii Pre-orders: Any word?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Blackstar, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously, are they going to let us preorder this thing or what? I hear one date, then another, then nothing at all. Anybody out there know anything?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

If you wait it will come and seeing as it wont be half as atractive to scalpers as everything else you will probably be able to preorder without much fan fare when eb and the like start accepting.

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    From what I read they seem pretty confident that there will be enough units for launch. But I haven't heard any sites offer pre-orders yet.

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am also hoping for this.

I was one of the lucky few to sneak in a pre-order on Amazon.com before they took them down. But I would much rather go out and wait with others to get one.

As sadistic as it sounds, I love events like launches and new releases. I love going out to wait in the lines with all of the other geeks. Hell I did that for the Halo 2 release (some of our stores opened up at midnight) and that was just a game!

Plus I'd rather be able to take it home and play it right away rather than wait for it to be shipped to my house.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Funny story... I went to EB and they said that they weren't taking preorders until October (this was last month) and that they weren't taking them without people trading in some games for it. I told them I didn't want to trade in my games and the guy was like "Well, you're not playing all of them, just get rid of some old ones", and I retorted with "I keep my games, should I ever decide to play them again, that's my choice.".

Then I went to TRU who was taking preorders and the guy there was like "Don't preorder it here." and I asked him "Why not?" and he said that they had done preorders last year for the Xbox360 and that they had enough to cover the preorders and none for sale on the floor. He also said they only had 6 preorders for that and that if I preordered, I'd be #14 for the Wii. (Take that for what you will).

Wal-Mart and Future Shop (Canadian equivalent of Best Buy, although those are popping up here too) both said they weren't taking preorders for it, or had stupid employees, one of the two.

Anyways... that was my plight for Wii preordering. Pretty pathetic really.

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sounds like you had a Wii little problem.

Sorry.

7. CripNite

Nice.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

This waiting for Wii preorders is bullshit. Nintendo has already produced at least TWICE as many units than the ps3 will be launching with worldwide! Come on! Wii want our Wii reserves NOW!

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I went to Gamestop today, and they told me that Pre-orders should start later this week (thursday or Friday, perhaps).

10. Frozen_Primal

Frozen_Primal ???????????????????????

My toyrus took my preorder in may. A coworker went to preorder one last month and they werent taking them anymore. Smaller stores are taking them tho, but you need to buy 2-3 games at launch.

11. Behem0th

Behem0th Real men listen to thrash

I went to EB yesterday and call every day, but the guy was heavily suggesting that Friday would be the day. I'm still going to call every day, but just a heads up, the PS3 email went out the night before from Gamestop, so most likely the same thing will happen with the WII. Just watch the website.

12. CripNite

There's only one game I want at launch. Zelda. WiiSports will be played when that is completed several times.

13. Gigatron_2005

Preorder apparently start on Oct 13. Aka, this Friday.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=6599

Sadly, Im in class when EB/Gamestop opens, so I guess I might need somebody to wait in line and preorder mine.

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

:rock 

I'll be there with bells on, on Friday

15. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

For you guys in Canada, you're in luck. Zellers, where I work, was selling pre-orders for a Wii Bundle. The Bundle included Wii sports, Excite Truck, the Wii and a Charger I think. It was in last weeks flyer, but do check in store. They are selling preorder tickets but it is limited.

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

:lol  :lol  :lol 

[​IMG]

17. Gigatron_2005

:lol  :lol  :lol 

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Not really news, but Joystiq is echoing the possible Friday thing.

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

how much did the DS have at launch...i remember reserving a DS at Gamestop but at launch didnt get a call (called the day before and they told me mines was for second shipment - which was the next week)....so the day of launch, i went to Fred Meyers right after work (7am - which just so happens when they open)...and got me a DS there....

went to Gamestop to pick up Mario (seeing i already dropped $20 into my DS reservation) and told them i had a 2nd shipment reservation and that i already bought a DS somewhere else and want to use my pre-order for Mario...when when they checked, there was a DS on hold for me (a 1st shipment DS)...so we get into a argument about me calling and they not calling and about me pre-ordering it and now not buying it, me calling and they saying i didnt have one, etc, etc, etc....

So long story short...with the Wii, i'll just go to Fred Meyers after work and pick up one there...no hassle from idiot Gamestop workers. But i should go and ask Fred Meyers if they are getting any at launch first.

20. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Well I called an EBGAMES store near where I live last night and was told that preorders began today. However, that is not the case for all the EBGames or Gamestop stores. A lot of them still don't know when they will be taking preorders. But the store I went to did take PreOrders and now my brother and I both have ours secured. :)