Wii passes 360 as the leader.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by funkatron101, Aug 23, 2007.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508

2. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Well done, nintendo.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

wow...i never really though Nintendo could do it again (console wise)...but good job to them.\

Hopefully we can expect more support (ie. 2k games, more multi-platform games instead of PS3/360 only).

4. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

I'm sure Halo 3 will help M$ back on top, but this is one hell of a consol war so far.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Imagine how well the Wii will sell when supply meets the demand.
    I still have never seen one in a store other than the one I bought.

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Not at the pace Wii is going.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

especially with galaxy and brawl on the way... those will probably be enough to counteract halo 3... especially brawl. metroid prime 3 next week won't hurt either

8. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Huh, something I didn't expect...good for them wonder how the diehard fanboys on both sides are taking this?

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome!

So is there anything good out for the Wii that's not Wii sports yet?

10. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Congrats Nintendo. I would have never thought you would return to your glory again. I bet Sony fan boys must be like this :banghead: 

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn! Now whoever attempts to retake the throne has to put up with headlines like "The Atari Jaguar attempts to pass Wii!"

(chortle chortle hur hur)

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

this will make a good console generation....the fight for the top can only mean better games from all three. For the 3rd party online games, it would be cool if you can play against the other system's players (FANBOY fights :lol )

this got me thinking, what would Sega's next console be like if they haven't dropped outta the console biz.

13. gil

gil Godmaster

I honestly don't think Nintendo needs Galaxy or Brawl to counteract Halo 3. The Wii is still hard to find, so Galaxy or Brawl won't play a big role (you know, from having the Wii sell out in about 6 hours to having the Wii sell out in 3 hours when Galaxy and Brawl comes out)

Now if Supply does meet demand before Galaxy or Brawl comes out, and there's Wiis on the shelf, Galaxy and Brawl can force the Wii to sell out again. But it's kind of hard to see supply meeting demand on this darn thing.

BTW, I have a Wii. Nintendo should reward me for helping them to the top again.:ev: 

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Metroid Prime 3 comes on Tuesday and IGN is hailing it as having the best controls on a console FPS so far.

15. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Its funny how well the Wii is doing. I have one and I enjoy it, but I play mostly Wii Sports on it since most of the ports (which is about all it has so far) don't use the controls as well as they could. With the games designed for it coming out I have a feeling I'll be enjoying the console far more over the next year.

And I bet a game like Pikmin or Overlord would work great with the Wii control scheme. Wonder if we'll see a Pikmin sequel for it anytime soon.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I'm a Nintendo and Sony fan (per se), but I have leaned more towards Sony lately because Gamecube and N64 (with the exception of Zelda) really let me down.

I know this will get people's panties in a wad, but some people here know that I am now a proud owner of a Wii. But I honestly feel that everyone is in a Honeymoon stage with it. The reason I feel this is because aside from some very fun classic games from the Virtual Console, I have not touched it. I am eager as hell for Metroid next week, and even excited about Smash Bro's and Mario Galaxy(kinda), but then what? Most games coming for it haven't used the motion sensor correctly and end up just being games where you flick your wrist to cause actions, and if you look at the reviews on the games out, hardly any have scored above a 5 (And albeit great RE4 is an old game, so that doesn't count in my book). It seems like after the honeymoon phase is over and developers continue to not truly take advantage of the system, it will fall into GC's situation and people will start selling it back.

Yes, yes, PS3 has had a slow start, but so did PS2, PS1, and 360, and now 360 has too many games to play, and PS2 has too many games to count, while N64 and GC left me sitting there playing Wind Waker over and over again.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, because I have been investing money on it and the classic controllers and charger.

I still see Xbox, and then maybe PS3 coming out on top in the LONG run, when the newness of the WII (as well as the desire to get one because they are so hard to find "A brilliant strategy, I might add" wears off.

17. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

SO why is it okay for the PS2/PS3 and Xbox360 to have a so called slow start, and not the wii? May I remember you it hasn't even been a year yet.

18. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Metroid and mario is going to kick some butt this year.
    Zelda for the DS is going to rip PSP for the holidays!

19. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

AMEN!

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've played my Wii everyday I've been home since November 18th. Whether it be Wii Sports, RE:4, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Red Steel, MK: Armageddon, or a plethora of other games, the Wii is the shit. You can't deny it.