Wii News Channel Live

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Jan 26, 2007.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

http://wii.ign.com/articles/758/758765p1.html

http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/758/758782/imgs_1.html For Pictures.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    YAY! More Channels, so does Nintendo intend to put more of these free channels out then as time progresses?

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Sweet! But I still don't have the Opera Browser. le sigh

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    The web browser is okay, but kind of cumbersome. I use it in the mornings before work to look up the weather and news right quick. It is quite useful for that, but sometimes it takes awhile for a connection to be established. I like general web browsing, as it is quick, but text entry needs to be tweaked a bit.

I'd like to see more channels come out besides what we currently have. I'd like to see a Videos channel, where you can view game trailers and video demos online (as well as movie trailers). I'd also like to eventually see a Game Boy Channel (seperate from the Wii Store) where you can play Game Boy games from the original system all the way up to the Game Boy Advance.

5. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

I downloaded this earlier, it is quite interesting. It works similarly to the forcast channel. What I find fascinating is you can find out what is news all around the planet. A fun little channel. I do look forward to them making some more as well. Maybe have a Nintendo Show channel where they show old episodes of mario bros. super show, and zelda and all those other shows, and maybe even make new ones!

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

The Wii News Channel is awesome. But when it starts up it should totally play the theme from the Situation Room. That would kick ass.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'm just waiting for my LAN adapter to come in so i can get it all set....this, weather, and VC.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. I managed to finally get a wireless router that works with my Wii. It works with my DS too, when I'm foolish enough to use WEP...

I'd like to see a Nintendo Power channel where you can view streaming video game reviews, and other features such as Retro Game of the Day where you can download a demo of one of NP's favorite older games and then buy the full version from the Virtual Console.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Hopefully my Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle will work just fine with my Wii when it gets here. It works just fine with my 2 DS's.

10. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Hopefully this supposed more Euro centric edition later on in the year will allow some picking of different RSS feeds. The AP ones are all well and good, but use of terms like 'soccer' is pretty grating, and I'd much prefer to be able to pull the BBC feed for example.

Phazer