wii impressions on console and games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by peeman, Nov 20, 2006.

1. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys uker here i am getting my wii in two weeks so want to know what to get and what to avoid so could you post all your impressions here and your views on games

thanks

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I went and bought a classic controller and a points card, but virtual games selection sucks so far, so I'd recommend waiting on getting those just yet if you don't have to.

I'm very impressed with the accuracy of the controller for pointing at things on screen, as well as for stuff like swinging a bat and golf. You hold the controller like a bat, and the game copies exactly how you're waving it around behind your head wating for the swing - that's some good position sensing technology!

3. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sorry for double posting i should probably explain more, i thought it would be good to have a proper wii thoughts thread than just posting in the others and personally i would like to see peoples views on games i have only seen 2 reveiws so far , for red steel that got 90% and monkey ball that got 84%,

4. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I have played Excite Truck and Wii Sports so far, and I can testify that Tennis is one of the funnest things to play, ever!

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Wii Sports - Novelty game. It's fun, and a great way to get a "grasp" on the new controllers.

Zelda - Flat out amazing. It took me less than 5 minutes to get the controls down pat. They work amazingly well. The story (so far) is fantastic. It's almost on par with Ocarina's opening story. Can't say how the rest compares yet.

Excite Truck - Fantastically fun. Little depth. It's just a fun, mindless, unrealistic racing game. But fun as hell. Controls again are great.

Madden - Of all the launch games I've played, this is only behind Zelda in terms of awesomeness. The way they've worked the controls on this game. It's just outstanding. Not sure how much you like the American Football, being as you're from the UK, but a completely fun game to pick up. Highly recommended even if you already have it for another system. It's that much better with the Wii Remote and nunchuk.

6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I've only played Excite Truck at a Gamestop, I didn't care for it very much. But racing games for the most part are stupid to me. Especially trucks. And I think the gamestop wiimote was already worn out from people in the store.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

mario rpg and super metroid are confirmed for te virtual console soon. it'll be worth it by then

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll go for a new game.

RED STEEL! It's like Goldeneye....BUT BETTER. :lol 

9. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

How do the controls work with Madden? How does the passing game incorporate the motion sensing?

10. DevilzFan

Basically, you pull up and back on the controller to hike the ball. To pass, you press either the up/down/left/right on the d-pad, or the A button while making a passing motion with the control. Whichever you push is for a different receiver. If you make the passing motion quickly, it'll be a bullet pass. If you do it slower, it'll be a lob.

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

How accurate is it when you have two receivers in the same portion of the field?

12. DevilzFan

I've only had a few plays where I picked one receiver, and it went to a different one in the same area of the field. Doesn't happen too often though.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I only got a chance to play excite truck and I wasn't impressed I didnt like how it controlled or anything for that matter. The game stop I was at didnt have any classic way to play the game(I think thats what the Nunchaku are for????) so yeah I gave the wii mote back to the clerk. I was about to leave until I saw a ps3 demo unit. I played motorsport gotta say its all about the ps3 baby.

14. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

Must be nice to actually find a Classic Controller....every store I visited today...(around 10) didn't have a single one.

15. DevilzFan

Same. Seems Nintendo dropped the ball and didn't ship them out to some area's :(