Wii Hunters

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kouri, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Heyyyy, looking for a Wii console but finding every area sold out. Went to your local Target hearing that we restocked a few days ago, but soon found that the store was already sold out? Fret not!

Aaaanywho, get yer but into Target early on Black Friday. There's a nice reserve of Wii's that we're saving for just that day. Don't bother asking to pull any out of the backroom ahead of time - Team Members aren't allowed to inform Guests that they're actually there. Have fun. ^^

2. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Why not give out the DHCP number so that people can get them?

3. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Fewer Targets get anything out of the back anymore. DPCI #s especially just tip them off you're a collector.

4. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

There is actually several easy ways around it if you have the umber.

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    We're allowed to pull items out of the back for guests, but only with the DPCI. Even still (unless you get a real idiot), I don't think the DPCI will help in this case. Everyone in Electronics is not allowed to make mention of the units. Others in the store don't even know they're there. Not sure on the backroom's position. ^^;

But yeah, I remember heading in once looking for a Voyager Blackout. We didn't have any on the floor, so I went up to Guest Services with the Voyager Class DPCI (TF figures are grouped by size class at Target). Since we had more in stock, and there was only one location for it in back, a Team Member went and found them. When he asked which one to bring, we told him Blackout, and he brought it right to the front of the store for me to buy. ^^

6. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I got a phone call Monday from my sister-n-law asking for my help in finding one for one of my nephews. I love a challenge. She knows I frequent the stores a lot looking for TFormers. I called every store that could possibly carry them everyday, and went to a couple in person. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday when I called Target and asked for the electronics department the operator asked if it was in regards to a Wii and said, like she had said probably 100 times before, "we don't have any in stock and we don't know when we are getting in any more." I feel for all the employees at all the stores that have to feild those repetitive phone calls. Have you seen ebay prices!!! I can't believe a system a year old is fetching that much. Console+Wii Sports(w/Remote)+Extra Nunchuck=$500 including shipping. Retail is $335. I looked into getting one off their BEFORE prices went higher. Anyway, I called EB today at 1PM and they had just received them.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    people really have no chance in hell of getting them right now.

I was seeing them on store shelves a lot last month.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Ahhh... the time of year when supplies of popular gaming systems is pulled back and there are fewer for the consumer to have.

9. domientius

I got a remote jacket-packed console on Oct. 15th. Funcoland has 2 left.

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Your best bet is to show up early on Sundays when the Wii is featured in the Target circular. Most Targets get their stock of Wiis in a couple days before then, but hold them back until Sunday because they want them to be instock the week that they're advertised in the circular.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad I froze my butt off last Nov. and bought a few Wii's! Who would've thought they would still be so freakin' hard to find come one year later?!

12. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I find this really funny, because now people are going nuts for them, yet there were tons of them over the summer I saw them everywhere.

14. domientius

I've seen Mario Galaxy in droves. Not exactly a rarity to go buy.

15. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Ditto.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forget Black Friday. Best Buy, Circuit City and TRU will all have Wii's tomorrow morning (at least the stores in my area that I called tonight). Don't forget they open early tomorrow due to newer holiday hours.

17. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

as a person who hunted for one myself the best advice I can give is its all who you know, if you know people that work at retail stores (electronics would be best but I think in general). Ask them to just keep there eyes out for wii's and when they come in and have them call you, if nothing else they can tell you what the lines are like at the stores usually giving you a better idea of what to expect/when to get there and such.

other then that just see what happens but I think you can get a wii without having to deal with ebay. Happy hunting

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My TRU had 74 this morning. I got the system, Guitar Hero III, Wii Play and Lego Star Wars with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. Downloading an update as we speak.

19. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I scored my Wii when they first came out....well, not first, but like a month after.

I kept checking online at various stores like Walmart, Meijer, and Target. I found one at Meijer one night. I called to verify it was really there, and then made a mad dash to Meijer.

When I got there, I asked for it, and the lady said they had one left, and it was on hold, mind you, when I called, I asked could they hold it for me cause I was on my way and was told no, they dont hold them, its first come first served...so I mentioned this to the lady and she told me again, "Its on hold....sorry"

Now I'm irritated....I'm getting ready to walk out, and I spot a white shirt (manager) I approached the lady really nice, and humbled.

I told her the story, and she said that I was correct, it is first come first served....She then went to the lady that was holding the game, and she came back empty handed....uh-oh...come to find out it was on hold for a managers daughter....

She told me this, and I made the comment, "Its o.k. to break store policy for employee's?"...the manager lady looked at me and said "NO"...and she went and got my Wii!!!!.....WOOT!!....I got a bunch of games that night too....been enjoying it ever since.

Moral of the story?....if you really want it, you'll get it, sometimes you just have to strive for it a liitle

20. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I scored my Wii on a toys r us on the day the fliyer said they would have them on stock last may at like 630 on the morning, and waited for hour and a half listening to music and looking with a bunch of people my age.... which was weird as I half expected to see more parents that people my age....I was number 11 on line my best friend was 16. they sold by nine I heard.

I say look at flyers and go the days they are advertised EARLY.

for the record though. I seriously expected Wii to not sell as good. Why? not sure but remember going to a Walmart mid day on launch hoping to score one-and it was one in the middle of nowhere.... and there WAS NOTHING. no games, no wii and when I asked they said sold out.

funny thing never seen a Wii save a time in a Walmart and by the time I left there were none.