Wii Gun Questions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got nagged to get a light gun for the Wii for my nieces.
    :rolleyes: 
    at BB, they had 2: the one that looks like a Joel Schumacher model Baretta, and a hollow piece of plastic that looks like a rifle.

my question is for me
    about the rifle- how easy is it to use in games.
    the nunchuck part at th back with the controller looks like it requires getting used to.

so, any of you that have the rifle, is it easy to use/get used to and does it really work well with the games?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the only gun-shell for the Wii worth a damn is the Nyko Perfect Shot. The "Zapper" made by nintendo is rather terrible.

3. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The zapper wasnt that bad, i thought it was ok, it took awhile getting used to though.

4. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Nyko Perfect Shot. HUA.

5. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    has anyone purchased the nerf wii blaster? I really like the idea of swopping out the wiimote for a dart launcher, but I am concerned about how it functions. Any negative reviews?

6. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i like the zapper. link's crossbow training is a nice little duck hunt style time waster

7. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

The Wii Zapper has the pack in Link's Crossbow training game. It's a pretty fun little game with target shooting, rail shooting, and FPS style stages. The gun its self is well built in a single piece and has a light trigger with a fairly short stroke which is great for rapid fire. The big downside is that the trigger is on the front handle, meaning that while it looks a bit like a tommy gun it behaves more like a pistol with a stock if you held onto the stock with your left hand. It's weird at first but you get used to it. You can disconnect the remote though and hold it separately just using the shell as a pistol with stock. Of the shells that hold both remote and nunchuck, it's the best since it does at least have a proper long handled grip for the remote and a full trigger rather than just a small button and a shotgun grip like most of the others. Being a first party Nintendo product it is very sturdy. Looks a bit weak though.

The Nyko perfect shot. It looks like a real gun and has a pass through for the nunchuck that lets you plug it in through the handle but doesn't hold the nunchuck its self. The realistic gun look is its big draw. The trigger is tight requiring a bit of work to pull. The problem is that means your arm will get tired if you need to do some serious rapid fire. I opened mine up and shortened the spring and cut down the trigger mechanism to make it a bit looser.

Nerf switch shot. According to reviews it's a lot like the Nyko perfect shot only better with a looser trigger and a more solid grip. It can be turned into a nerf gun. As a zapper it's great, as a nerf gun though it's quite terrible. If you want a cheap nerf gun get a nitefinder.

There are also a bunch of cheap easily breakable shells that I'd advise you avoid. Pick from those big 3. I'm happy to have both the perfect shot and the zapper. The perfect shot is my primary gun now, but I do enjoy the game that came with the zapper and it's good to have two guns, since most of the zapper games have 2 player co-op modes.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey, thanks for the insight- i will get the zapper and let the kids handle it.

i had a light gun for the ps2 and it was awful.
    i like the idea behind these wii accessories

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I didn't like about Nintendo's was trying to reload in Resident Evil. You have to shake the controller, and shaking that hulk of a gun got tiresome.