Wii Game Box and Disc Up Close

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Nov 8, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744777p1.html

Love the white case, goes with the Wii perfectly.

Back of case, doesn't bother me that there's less in game pictures...the games i buy i usually know what it'll look like.

Icons....where's how much memory space a game take out

Game disc....hopefully they aren't all blue...its makes it look like its cheap/pirated, and i'd love to get a dark grey/brown (like the cover) or gold (like the N64 special edition and GC game) for the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I am almost certain all will not be blue. It varies from game to game but I am sure zelda will be gold and so on and so forth

3. OmegaScourge

and forgot to mention....No memory card holder....i wonder why....hope they dont think you can fit it all on the onboard memory (cause if they did, that means the person dont have enough games to do it)

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    It's the Sega Wii

seriously, I barely see Nintendo's name anywhere on that packaging lol lots of Sega though!

How big are the discs? are they like gamecube discs, or regular size discs? Im asking because I can't tell if the cases are normal size, or miniature, like the DS cases

5. OmegaScourge

its regular sized DVD cases...and the Wii games are on DVDs.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Since the game discs are DVDs, will the Wii play movies? I haven't seen anything on that yet. That was a deciding factor in me buying the PS2 when it came out.

7. OmegaScourge

no, you cant pay movie DVD....they didnt add that cause they said it would of raised the price of the Wii....and in Japan, there's gonna be a updated/new version of one that will have the ability (as of right now, US will not be getting it)

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Plus the PS2 was six years ago when dvds were new and players cost more. Now most people already have dvd players these days, so why bother if it's just gonna up the price.

9. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. OmegaScourge

awesome....white/gold....mario i figure will be red, metroid will be gold...

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Am I the only one who does not care for the white color of the DVD cases? I wish they would have gone with more of a frosty clear look. :/ Oh well, its just a case. All that matters is that Zelda is in it :p 

12. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Because inputs are limited? most people only have 2 component input spots on their TV. Having a game console that can't do dvds is kind of a waste of one of those ports.

13. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Buy a component switchbox then if thats so hard...

I mean.. I have 4 DVD players hooked up to my blasted TV as a it is because of my game systems.. I don't need to pay more for a feature I or most people -wouldn't- use.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    A switch box like Tigran stated would be a good idea for limited inputs. I have two. The first has a VCR, Gamecube, Dreamcast, X-Box 360, and the second switch box. The second has my SNES. I hope to hock up a Wii and maybe a silver PS2 soon. After that I'm looking for a NES, N64, and X-Box when I have the money and if I can find them cheap. Guess another switch box would be a good idea for myself soon. As for my DVD/Surround Sound system I have it hooked to the back of my TV with an S-video cable with the TV audio hooked to the system. How to find a good connection for my Atari.

15. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Here's a video I think a few of you will like with Perrin Kaplan, VP of Marketing, and the Wii packaging assembly line and one of the lines for pre-orders in Japan.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7395