Wii Component Cables available now....online and by phone

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cy-Kill, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Howdy,

So for those of you needing component cables for the Wii, here's your chance. I recieved an email from Nintendo after asking a bit ago what storefronts would be selling the cables in Canada come launch. Here's the email;

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo regarding your desire to purchase the Wii Component Video Cable. As you inquired about having the Component Video Cable available when the Wii launches, we are extending to you an exclusive offer. We have made a limited number of the cables available for purchase prior to the launch. The cable will cost $29.95 USD and $35.95 CDN. Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee. There is a limit of one Component Video Cable per customer.

To order by phone using your credit card (Visa or MasterCard), please call our Consumer Service line at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available to take your order between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. Our representatives can also provide mail-order instructions if you would rather pay by check.

Please note, if you would rather not order at this time, additional cables will be made available to the general public via our online store on November 19th ( http://store.nintendo.com ), and they will also be available through selected retailers in early-mid December.

Nintendo of America Inc.

Consumer Service Department

IGN also posted a story about being able to phone in and order cables.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746085p1.html

The stories don't tell all though, as it seems Nintendo sped up its online listing for component cables, offering sale through their website. Interestingly, you cannot find the listing through search options on the site. You have to manuelly type in the web address to access the page.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?currency=USD&storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=NOASTORE&productId=117711&categoryId=63205&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&ddkey=SetCurrencyPreference

When this was posted and emailed Tuesday, this was the only surefire way to get component cables at launch, as the shipping options gave the chance to pay $13 for expediated shipping (1-2 days), so they'd arrive on Friday. It seems component cables won't be available on launch, as Nintendo's automated service claims cables won't be available in store until early to mid December.

I only saw the email this morning in my mailbox when I woke up, and I put an order in through Nintendo's site with expediated shipping. Unfortunately after talking to a representative, any orders now are on backorder, as they "didn't expect such demand". I am a little ticked off, as there is no indication when ordering you will be on backorder and I paid for expediated shipping, as I was hoping to have the cables before Sunday. Apparently a new shipment won't arrive until the 25th. If you order, you should still get cables before they appear in retail, but it won't be for the Wii launch.

Thought I'd mention, as apparently the Wii looks godawful on an HDTV with the standard composite cables. So for the week and a bit I have to wait, it's going to hurt me a great deal to look at the craptacular picture quality.

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yep have fun...theyve been backordered since about 1030am CST...which is when my order was placed and set to "backordered"

3. Cy-Kill

I was a little disappointed to find out the cables were backordered, considering I knew you could purchase them since yesterday, but only by phone. By the time I could call, they were already closed.

Too bad the online listing wasn't mentioned anywhere then, otherwise I could have put an order in AND not be put on backorder. :banghead: 

4. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

A rep told planetgamecube.com that even if it says backordered they should ship out same day.

5. Cy-Kill

That's interesting. I found the message on the forum for this. I hope it's true!

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually my status has now switched to "preparing order" and there is a tracking number listed for me now too...So hopefully those who got an order in will be in luck!

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

This makes me wish I had an HDTV :(