Wii availability?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Galaxy Convoy, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a Wii soon, and I'm wondering how easy they are to find now? Walk into a store and pick one up easy? (I hope)

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Depends on where you are really... I haven't seen one around here since October

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i haven't seen one around here in a long time. it seems last spring-summer was the best time to just go find one in stores... they've been scarce since then for whatever reason. i'm sure brawl's release hasn't helped.

4. Galaxy Convoy

Yeah, rotten timing really, since I'm one of the few people with zero interest in the Smash Bros. games.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i still think its overrated.I sond mine before xmas cause i rarely touched it.The bonus of it was a family was super happy with it.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    None in my area (North Alabama) for at least 2 months that I have seen.

7. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I saw one right before Christmas last year at Target, right when they were going on the shelves. People were buying them up right there. Apart from that and the day they initially came out, I haven't seen one anywhere.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

1.8 million are being manufactured at the moment according to Big Reggie, so maybe sometime soon eh?

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Should have held it longer.

Probably the biggest release of the console's life (or at least the biggest release it will see for a long while) just hit, and it has many AAA titles coming this year alone (Mario Kart and Disaster immediately come to mind).

Anyways, they've been rather hard to find around here since November of 2006. Most stores sell out the day they get them.

10. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I saw some at a Target near my work about 3 weeks ago. There was more than 1 in stock on consecutive days. Thats the most recent sighting for me.

I did talk to a TRU employee when I picked up Brawl this week. He said they had about 40 last Sunday, sold out in under 30 minutes...

These are still hot. I'm glad they are popular, but they are still being sold for profit on the secondary market, it sucks. If I could change one thing about the gaming industry, that would be it.

11. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    they're plentiful on ebay and craigslist, which is over inflating the demand. A lot of people still want it, but they'd be able to find them if scalpers weren't such a problem.
    Nintendo is losing billions on these sales. Because every console sold on ebay for $350 takes $100 out of that person's budget to buy games and more controllers. It is unfathomable that a year and a half after release they haven't changed the manufacturing. its been 1.8 million a month since 2006.

12. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Try craigslist. Thats where I got mine.

13. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw one in a Gamestop almost 18 months ago. Then I went to a Toys R Us early one day in November, they had about 8. Those are the only times I've ever seen a Wii in stock anywhere.

14. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I just got mine this morning, last one too. Clocked out of work and jumped into line as fast as i could and fortunately my stores policy is 1 per customer so i got extremely lucky.

Many stores might get a shipment once a week. WM gets Wii direct from Nintendo so usually Tuesday mornings,9-10a, is a good time to stop in and see. Ive been told Thursdays is a general day for BestBuy and Target tends to sell Wii's on the weekends when they have a add in the paper.

Mind you that some places do sell them online in a bundlepack with games and accessories. Often those are reasonable in price and you save some money in the long run if you bought the games/wiimotes/ect seperately.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Everywhere I've looked online the bundles are either high priced or sold out. I've checked the websites for WM, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us, Amazon, and even Newegg. Nada.

16. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I heard a rumor that Target has been stockpiling WIIs for april...

But yeah, Nintendo made it's last big inventory push last week when SSBB was released, that is when I grabbed mine.

17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I suggest checking best buy every sunday morning when they open. And by check I mean be there, don't call.

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

You can check my room, thats where I found mine. :cool: 

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

In the almost 18 months the Wii has been available, I have only ever seen one on a shelf once, and that was the time I bought it. And the only reason I even saw it that one time was because my brother-in-law worked at the store and called me to let me know it was in stock.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    It's funny I've seen the Wii quite a bit in the Toronto aria for the past month now. Not in any abundance mind you but it has been around. One of the TRU's by me seems to always have it in stock most of the time.