wifi password issues.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BAH, Mar 9, 2007.

1. BAH

BAH Active Member

Hey guys, I could really use some help with this one. About two years ago I went with the wireless internet setup. The problem is that I had a friend set it up who has now moved to Ontario, and I don't recall the password. I want to connect with the Wii to see it's online ablilities, but without the password I can't get online. Is there a way to look up the password on the computer without changing anything?

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

There's a chance that the password will be encrypted on the entry screen, much like the bullets you see when you type in passwords on other forms.

Your best bet might be to contact the friend in Ontario somehow. Otherwise, I'd find the model of router you have and Google something like "(router brand/model) forgotten password Windows XP" and see what online tips you can find.

3. BAH

BAH Active Member

Yeah it's encrypted, I do get the bullets thing. The problem with contacting my friend is that I can't. It was kind of an unexpected move. Didn't know he was going until one day I called him up and found out he moved to Onatrio again. Like I said before, I just want to see what's online for the Wii. So in my mind as long as the computer stays connected the rest doesn't matter all that much.