Wifi Max

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by wikkiddavis, Dec 15, 2007.

1. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    I maid a topic the other day about how my wii won't update and I keep getting error message 32004 and all of that good stuff and I even went as far as Reformatting my hardrive thinking it was the Wii itself (Live and learn) and now im worred that my virtual console games are gone from my wii shop (even though I didnt reformat that part of it) I was thinking I bet its that stupid USB connector so im thinking about getting

Wifi Max Is it any good? and how does it hook up?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    your games are yours for life. you can redownload them all you want.

3. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

As long as you don't delete your Wii shop account, your points and downloads should be fine (if you reformated the memory, you'll have to redownload them though).

WiFi max's suck MAJOR ass. I've never, I repeat NEVER got anyone to connect using a DS or Wii using one of those pieces of crap.

If you don't like the USB connector, or it's "not working" (which in 99% of cases is due to the configuration of the person's PC), go with a wireless router. You can get a decent router (like a linksys or d-link) for around 50 bucks.

EDIT- Looking that error code up online at nintendo.com, it's due to some sort of firewall/anti-virus/spyware/etc program running on your PC.

4. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    Ive been looking into wireless routers but I have satelette Connection im not really sure if itll work with it or not.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ya live out in the country, eh? no biggie. My old man has satellite for that reason. he networked his home and office computers so he could work at either location and also share his internet connection and it works fine.

6. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    oh so it will work,sweet im goona pick one up when this snow storm stops. and yea i live in the boonies it sucks but it beats crime and stuff like that.

7. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

We've actually found that they way satalite transmits net connections, using either the DS or Wii online (no matter how you're connecting) usually either doesn't work, or you encounter SOOO much lag it's not even worth it :( 

8. wikkiddavis

News Credits:
    Well to be honest the only reason why I wanted my wii online was for the VC i don't really care about you know playing online unless I could get my PSP online id love to play portable ops.But as far as the wii goes I just wanna get my VC games and my updates then ill be happy.