WiFi internet sharing advice needed.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kronos, Aug 9, 2008.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    OK, i want to describe my current setup before I get into the meat and potatoes of what i would like to accomplish.

I have a cable internet connection installed in my living room. Connected to the modem is a wireless router. I have the PS3 hard wired into the router. I also have 2 computers wirelessly connected to the router. One upstairs and the other in the basement.

OK, I just recently purchased a used Mac G4 Quicksilver for $50. Hell of a deal really. I want to install it in the basement next to my PC. But i really don't want to have to get another wifi card. Is their anyway to enable internet sharing on my PC to allow connection thru the Ethernet? So I basically want to connect my PC to my MAC via the Ethernet ports to allow internet connection sharing. I need to maintain my WiFi adapter in my PC as its a hacked Nintendo Wifi adapter to give me a CHEAP wireless N adapter. How would I go about doing this and is it even possible?

2. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you have a wireless router you really dont need a wifi adapter to connect your wii to the internet.

3. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    what operating system is the PC in the basement?

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Its possible. Just have to search Google. Internet Connection Sharing. I didn't have extra cash to pick up a router, but found an extra NIC lying around. Installed it, and was able to share my internet connection thru my PC to my 360. Works great for me since I have a really fast connection. I can't remember how I did it, it did take alot of work to get it to work, but it can be done. You have to hard code the IP address into the receiving computer.