Why's it PG-13?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot Dave, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    what the kind of statement is that. rude much

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

It's a guideline, not some hard and fast "NO ONE under 13 can see this!!1" rule. It's not even like R where, theoretically anyway, no one under 17 is supposed to be admitted without a parent/guardian. Mom can drop little Johnny off at the theater and he can waltz into a PG-13 movie unaccompanied if she wants. It's up to the parents and whether or not they think the kid can handle it. There is no universal cut-off age that's going to work for everybody's kid. Can the 7-year-old mentioned in the first post handle it? Hell if I know. If mom is that concerned, she should go see it herself and then decide if her son is ready based on what she and she alone knows about him.

Of course..once upon a time, PG/Parental Guidance was enough to cover all of that. They started PG-13 when I was 7 and my parents never gave it much thought. I saw Temple of Doom and Gremlins in the theater and didn't need therapy ('course, I was also seeing hard-R movies with dad at age 9-10). It already said parental guidance fer chrissakes; there was G=kids, R=not for kids, and PG=up to the parents. Every kid isn't magically ready to see and hear certain things at 13 as opposed to 12...and they've probably already seen and heard it all elsewhere anyway.

3. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

probably a bit rude, but my point still remains. If you're afraid for your child to see it, then you're afraid for your kid to see anything. I was asked if my wife's 7 year old brother could go and I said yes. He saw it with his mom and they both loved it!

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    and my point is that you threw a rude dis in there which was unneeded just to throw it in there. it didn help your point and saying you dont want a little one to see the violence doesnt mean you dont want them exposed to anything it just means that much violence and the tone of the movie is too much for some children and responsible parents have the right to know how its going to be before showing it to their little ones.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So if I'm afraid of letting my bro and sis go see Back Door Sluts 7 that means I don't want to let them see anything?

6. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Who in here saw it anyways?

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Personally I wouldn't let me kids see it, but they're pretty young (my oldest is 4). A little too much language and sexual innuendo for kids, and the violence is pretty scary for a kid. I don't really care if they hear an occasional swear word, but they tend to repeat things they hear at inopportune times, so we try to avoid it if we can help it. Sam running from Barricade and muttering "Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" is one of those easily repeatable things that kids (at least mine) I know would latch onto and start saying, like, at church or at grandma's house or something.

I think 8 or 9 is probably old enough, and a mature 7 year old could handle it.

8. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

some 5 year old in front of me asked his dad what mastubation was...

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Lol, I remember when I asked that question

10. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

LMFAO!!! My 6 year old son asked me that question when we saw the movie last night.

As far as "Should your kid see the movie?" I think it is up to the parent. You know your kid best, make the best call you can. Plus if it's too much, you can always walk out.

11. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

the varrle think that it depends on the child and ther brain groth and what thay can comprehend. this has been the first thing the varrle have said other than "DESTORY THEM ALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

12. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

WTF!?!

13. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

:lolol 

If you let them see 6 then whats wrong with 7? :D 

here in old blighty we got a 12a which means anyone under 12 can see it if they have a parent with them. Maybe the old "US of A" cant handle a few Sherman Tank jokes! :wink: 

14. meh_cd

meh_cd Well-Known Member

I'd let a five year old see it.

But then again I'm a college student who has no children. Still, I'd take a nephew/cousin if they were that age.

15. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    i'm surprised no one has mentioned the bb incident. i thought that was the most crude part of the movie.

16. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

not realy to me. i thought it was just another piss joke to me. they have those all over the place in childrens movies. the most crude language part to me was sams "happy time"

17. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    what kind of children movies are you watching?

edit: just because it has a child, R Kelly and him pissing on her doesn't make it a "children's movie". hahahah

18. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

dennis the menace had folks selling lemonade full of urine

ok discrediting R Kelly kills my second one

19. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

i agree. i think the kind of movies that have people pissing on each other are not of childrens tastes or mine (unless your into that kind of thing!!!)

20. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Uhhh, I do not think this is a kids movie because the sex jokes and the bad language: FRENZY and JAZZ OMGG. Newaiz, I was fine with it, I'm not a hater. But I don't think little kids should just start cussing because some bots and cepts said it.

+BB "pissing" is not something I'd tell my kid to do