Why???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Blackout26, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Blackout26

Blackout26 Member

Hello everybody, new fan here.

To start with, I'm a Decepticon faction supporter all the way.:drool: 

Is there anybody able to answer me why on Earth Blackout was deleted from TF-ROTF movie???? One of the most loyal Megatron lieutenants????:confused: 
    Too sad.

On the other hand I am so pleased to see that Longhaul (my 2nd best) was included. By the way: is Longhaul only shown as a part of Devastator or he's shown in his full glory?:rolleyes: 
    I haven't seen the movie yet, you see...

2. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How was Blackout deleted from the movie. There was a Decepticon with the exact same alt-mode and bot-mode. Even if the production tema calls him Grondor, you can still just imagine that he renamed himself.

3. Easy-E

Easy-E Active Member

There's about 5 different Long Hauls in ROTF. Which one are you refering too?

Confused?? We all are thanks to that retard Bay.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Actually I think the jury's still out on Blackout. "Grindor" was exactly the same as Blackout, but different color and never specifically referred to by name in the movie so it could conceivably be Blackout. I don't recall seeing Long Haul in robot mode.

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Long Haul was in bot mode in both the scenes where they jump off the barge to revive Megs, and in the hunt for Sam and Mikaela in Egypt. He also gets engulfed by a lot of fire later in the scene, just before (I think) the big mega-bay-splosion.

Blackout was downed in TF1, so the one in ROTF is presumed to be Grindor.

6. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Morning newcomer!

Yeah there was some confusion surrounding both Blackout and Longhaul. Blackout was downed, but not necessarily killed in TF1. Then a near-identical match is shown duking it out with Prime, alongside Megs ans SScream (only the tard production team seem to call him Grindor). Longhaul is shown numerous times throughout the film, which again we can only presume is due to the tardrd production team fucking up again.

Anyways, you'll enjoy the movie. Keep the faith!

7. Blackout26

Blackout26 Member

How was Blackout deleted from the movie. There was a Decepticon with the exact same alt-mode and bot-mode. Even if the production tema calls him Grondor, you can still just imagine that he renamed himself. - alexcollier

That's exactly what bothers me. Why do they really have to change the name??? I mean, yes Blackout was pressuambly destroyed in TF1 just like Megatron and others. Megatron comes back without being called all other kind of names. Why do that with Blackout??? So in my opinion, if there is a Grondor then THAT is Grondor. If its abilities are reminiscent of Blackout's then THAT should be left as a coincidence.

There's about 5 different Long Hauls in ROTF. Which one are you refering too?

Confused?? We all are thanks to that retard Bay. - Easy-E

I refer to the one and only Longhaul. The green Cat 797.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for replies guys.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hi,

first of all, please learn how to use the quote function. You quoted either by clicking the "quote" button or by using (QUOTE) and (/QUOTE) tags. Just replace ( and ) with [ and ].

The color red is usually reserved to the staff.

First, how on Earth haven't you seen ROTF yet?

Second, please watch the movie before complaining about it.

Third, yes, Megatron and Blackout were both destroyed, but the circumstances of Megatron's revival were pretty exceptional. It's not like Scalpel could have just gone "oh hey, and let's bring all the other guys down here back to life as well". So presumably Blackout is still dead, and Grindor is someone else who just happens to look a lot like him.

It's not like that has never happened before, right?

There are multiples of the Costructicons in the movie. Some are never shown to transform into individual robots, but merge into Devastator. The others transform into individual robots and fight the Autobots while Devastator is busy elsewhere. I don't know how many "Long Haul"-looking units are seen in the movie, but apparently there were at least two of them.

9. Blackout26

Blackout26 Member

Nevermore, I DO know how to use the board's quoting function. The reason I'm doing it the way I do it is strictly personal. I think that's more eye-friendly. 'Hope you haven't got a problem with it.

With regards to Blackout, it wasn't a complaint. It was most like a disappointment.

10. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

how is it eye friendly when it hurts your eyes and looks like something posted by the staff?

Everyone else uses the quote button for a reason, it's how the board's designed and it's what the 1000's of people who use this board are used to seeing. 4th post in and you admit knowing how to use the quote button, but wont. Nice.

11. Blackout26

Blackout26 Member

Wow...
    Talkin' about shooting the one that's diffrent... If personalising something on a board is such a bad thing...
    Some of you guys really have a problem...:( 

12. Malikon

we're all different. Signatures are for your "personal touches"

btw, Welcome to TFW!!

13. Blackout26

Blackout26 Member

Well, thanks.:) 

14. Malikon

you're welcome. It's a cool board, I'm sure you'll have a good time here.

15. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    There is a quote button.

16. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    His name is Grindor, not Grondor.....

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And he turns into a different helicopter than Blackout.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Dude, we could really use the ticket sale before Harry Potter shows up.

19. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

I think it's great that you are such a strong supporter of an evil faction of giant robots that have absolutely no issue in exterminating our species. Keep fighting the good fight.

Blackout wasn't deleted from ROTF as far as anyone knows. He was killed in the first movie when Lennox gave Blackout a colonoscopy using sabot rounds. A very similar looking robot was in ROTF, who was also dispatched. Brutally I might add.

There are at least two iterations of Long Haul in the movie. The first shows up with the group of Decepticons that goes down into the ocean to bring back Megatron. This one was shown first in vehicle mode, and then in robot mode. The second iteration was part of Devastator and showed up as a vehicle first and then Devastator's right leg.

Did you at least see the first one?

20. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

This should teach the Decepticons a good lesson: don't scan a helicopter. You either end up shot in the arse or get your face ripped apart.