Why

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ogphat, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm with you. I'd love to see that!!

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I don't think it's an issue of we want an '80's' look to the Transformers. I think a better way of putting it is. We want cool looking characters that resemble thier G1 counterparts. I mean from the very beginning they told us this would be a G1 movie. What have they shown us so far that is G1? Very little. Bumblebees's a cool looking car? Come on! Don't insult us, BB is not supposed to be cool or slick, and that's what they're trying to do. At least he's yellow. What about Ironhide? A black pick-up truck? They must have been thinking about Trailbreaker, and renamed him by mistake. Don't get me started on Bonecrusher. Ratchet's green? Were they serious? And why do all of their faces resemble insects? Facials-wise, these guys look NOTHING like the characters they were named after! Except for Optimus. He's acceptable. Where's the Ark? They took out the one thing aliens need to travel from one planet to another! All this is why I'm against the movie! The more I saw images, and hear new things about the movie, the more I beleive this is a horrible, HORRIBLE joke.
    Seriously...If they came out, day one, and said. 'We're making a Transformers movie, and we're not basing it off of anything, we're just making it up as we go along.' I wouldn't have a single complaint. But you know what. I don't like being lied to, and that's why I feel the way I feel. That's why their are so many elements about this movie I don't like. Don't get me physhed on one thing, and turn right and butcher the entire deal.

3. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Again, this is not the 80's, please join us in this generation. And if you don't want to, that is your prerogative, but don't make a movie that was not designed for you, be limited to your lack of vision. I really don't care how you word it ... "We want a cool looking character that resembles their G1 counterpart." Regardless of how you word it, the meaning is still the same ... "You want characters like the ones in the 80's!" After all, isn't that when G1 was released? I know ... I saw the first episode.

Oh get over yourself already. They DID say that, then they released a statement after that stating that it would not use G1 aesthetic. Now, I don't know what "perfect" world you live in, but in this world (REALITY), a concept more than likely will change during development. From conceptualization, to research & development, and implementation, the end result most likely ALWAYS will change. I think they had full intention of a G1 design, but after further research and consideration, they probably felt that THIS is the best direction to take to reach the most people. This is not a movie for the fans. It is a movie for everyone else.

You know .... there is a lot more to factor here than "oh I think we should use that one!!" You can't just use any car you want as a star role. You have to get permission first. And that permission most usually comes with exclusivity. They are making this movie TO MAKE MONEY, not for your "feel good". If GM offers the best contract for the most money, then guess what? You WILL have a GM car. Period. These people have to follow their noses, and the smell is money .... not your nostalgic feel good.

Ahhhhh I can see it now ... "Look guys, here comes the soccer mom red van here to save the freaking day!!!" Im sorry, but for his character, the red soccer mom van was the DUMBEST alt mode for him. I can picture someone that is a red van like that to be some ferry robot that transports ****** TF babies around .... not a warrior, like Ironhide is supposed to be. Did you not think of the image of your ******ed red van? Or was your "stuck in the 80's" mentality getting in the way.

You know .... I went and looked at ALL incantations of Megatron. With several of them, there is only a MINUTE similarity. The untrained eye would have a very hard time saying "OH that one is Megatron!!!" The only reason you are able to pick them out, is because you are accustomed to seeing them. Without that, some of the Megs heads would look completely different. These characters are dynamic. It is ashamed you are too stuck on one version to see that.

This is a Transformers movie. You know what I am a fan of? TRANSFORMERS. I am a fan of the universe that is dynamic and changes frequently. You know what you are a fan of? The look of a few key characters. That is pretty much it. You are too narrow minded to see that Transformers is a world much broader in scope than the look of a few measly heads. But you know what? You can't see that can you? You can't see the rest of the universe because Bumblebee is not a yellow bug, Ironhide is not a soccer mom red van, Ratchet is not a whine ambulance, and StarScream is not an old F15 that was retired and turned into a vehicle for air sows. I am a HUGE fan of Transformers, not their heads. If you don't like the movie, don't watch it.

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Words well said brother! Words well said. I feel the same way.
    Besides, there is nothing wrong with NOT accepting the movie the way it is.
    Some people that love and accept the movie say that the haters should grow up and accept the fact that it is not 1984. True, it is not 1984. But there are various ways to change things in such a way that EVERYBODY will be happy.

If they would have used the Binal/Alt designs and changes certain parts in the script, I would be the first fan inline, getting tickets and watching it at the opening night. But reality dictates otherwise and the movie makers took the approach they think is best and chose a story they think suits the characters and a new designs that probably came from Hasbro/Bay/ILM. Fine. I don't care for this film since the first sketch of Starscream leaked to the boards. I don't care for this film since I read the script. I don't care since I saw the official and leaked designs.

The people that should grow up are those movie fans that DO NOT accept the fact that there are fellow fans that dislike everything that is related to the film and its creators decisions. Stop bitchin' and slander other people just because they don't share your enthusiasm about the Bay-formers.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm a liker, but I have to agree with this post. I like the way things are headed, but I also understand why others don't.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

LOL. Wow. They don't have to be '80s' I don't care if they modernize the vehicle modes or change the story a bit. I want good characters. It's just to me, these character designs were poorly done. They look like crap in my opinion. And I'm not ashamed to speak my mind about that. So I am sorry if you don't like my opinion on the movie. But that's all it is. My opinion. Don't let it bend you out of shape. It's not worth it. Oh, and I am still going to see the movie. I beleive it deserves at least one chance to change my mind. But if I don't like it...I'm only going to see it once. Cheers.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Thank you.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Can someone point me to a link where it was said it would be a G1 movie? In those EXACT words. All I ever remember is G1-INSPIRED. Thats exactly what we're getting.

9. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

IT'S STILL TWITCHING! :horse: 

10. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Most likley reason

20 years and no real movie

11. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly !!:redface2: 

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The whole "G1 movie" thing was stated back in 2003/04. Before the movie was given the green light. But after the green light Don Murphy stated that those expecting this movie to be G1 will be disappointed. This movie is simply revised Transformers like every post G1 show has been

And on the opposite side some detractors should stop bitchin' and posting slanderous remarks AGAINST the movie and fans who have enthusiasm towards the movie. Growing up should be done on BOTH sides

Plus the whole "Bay-Formers" thing is pretty childish. It's called Transformers and hating on Bay is useless as he's not the only party involved. ILM designed them and Hasbro okayed 'em. Plus had their toy designers design the toys around the ILM designs.

13. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I agree. I posted a slanderous post, in response to his slanderous one. It is something I should not have done, and I apologize. I do completely agree that both sides need to grow up.

I think the whole "Bay-Former" thing is kind of funny actually. Very childish, yes, but funny. Funny because these designs have just as much to do with Hasbro, than Bay himself. Bay did not design these robots. I really don't think he could have done it even if he wanted to. These robots were designed by a design team that had people from Hasbro, his team, and input from other groups. The only thing Bay did, was approve the designs for movie use. But you know what? Hasbro had to approve them too. They are the ones that are shelling tons of money on toy production and putting out toys on THEIR Trademark. If you ask me, Hasbro has the biggest blame, because ultimately, it is THEIR Trademark. THEY have the biggest say as to what is produced by THEM, not Bay.

These kids just want something to place blame on, but for some reason, don't want to place blame on the people who has the ultimate say.

14. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

:horse: 

15. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

And its ...
    "A hero is nothing without the villain"

Not ...
    "A hero is nothing without the villan"

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My point exactly;) 

17. ogphat

ogphat Active Member

well i saw a video where the guys who made the movie were talking about how they wanted to get as close as they can but still have a new touch so that it was new and imporved and i like there faces its more robot

18. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not an 80's thing. It's about characters being recognizable. Mickey Mouse has changed over the DECADES but still is recognizable at a glance. Look how fantastic Godzilla looked with the Hollywood remake... oh right, that movie bombed! Big Pet Iguana does not = Godzilla.

Updating is one thing, scrapping every mm of the original design is Hollywood putting its mark/pee stain on yet another franchise.

19. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

If they would have scrapped it, then it would have looked more like Terminator if anything.

And they havent updated either. They have ADDED onto the franchise.

20. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Mickey is a mouse and honestly there's only SO many ways you can change that w/o losing the kid friendly appeal. Transformers are robots, thus can employ a multitude of different looks. Much like they did in RID, BW and BM

Add to that besides the WHOLE issue on "The look" is so subjective that it's pretty useless to discuss at this point. Without saying/repeating what someone has said befre

[​IMG]