why you hate generic decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Dec 31, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i was wondering why some of you hates whenever they include Generic Protoforms instead of Different characters all together

i like the generic decepticons cause it allows the Autobots to fight way more decepticons in battle also it allwos ILM to save some money

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Because it makes both warring sides seem unequal in strength. The Autobots become badasses who can cut through hordes of Decepticons like butter. I'd only approve of generic Decepticons if there are generic Autobots, too.

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I'm sometimes cool with Generics because it means no Decepticons we really adore are in a rampaging Optimus's path.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Because when there are many generics, there are too many for the Autobots to be fight without making the Decepticons look like pieces of shit. The less Decepticons there are, the longer they have to last. While Generics have to die very quickly or the good guys won't get through them quick enough. When it gets to the point when they need to use generics, that is when there are too many bad guys and when there are too many bad guys, they all have to die easily or they would overpower the good guys and when bad guys die easily, people like me get pissed off and when people like me get pissed off, Michael Bay has an orgasm.

There is also the problem of character development. They need to spend less time on animating generics that will never be seen again and more time animating characters. Generics and oversized and useless giants like the Driller waist animation time and takes away from characters.

5. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I like the generics, but I agree with Nachtsider about having generic Autobots in conjunction with generic Decepticons.

However, as a Zerg player in Starcraft and an ardent Decepticon fan, I quite like having evil creatures and monsters outnumbering the "good guys."

6. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Generic Autobots? That would be pretty damn sweet.
    But they can't be ugly like the Decepticon ones, they have to be nice and pretty :>

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We don't get very many live action movies so every time they use some generic that's one more slot that could have gone to one of the many Decepticons from the history of Transformers.

Plus generics are way too weak. If it's Prime or Bumblebee against some generic robot that doesn't even merit a name you know that robot has zero chance against the Autobot. With named Decepticons there is at least that ever so slight maybe one day chance they could put up a fight where it doesn't feel like the Autobot is going to automatically win.

Generics are also rather boring since they are only there to die. I'm not sure how much voice actors make these days but I don't think it would be breaking the film's budget to give some sort of voice and a bit of character to more Decepticons. I don't need a detailed back ground on all the Transformers in the film, but a bit of personality for more than just Megatron and Starscream would be nice.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I don't like how distinct Decepticon characters inexplicably became generics.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Fact A lot of Decepticons have charecters themselves espcially Shockwave.

We could have gotten a Marvel Comic Shockwave or a TFA Shockwave or a Sunbow Shockwave hell even Energon Shockblast esque Shockwave.

Instead we got Boba Fett with one eye.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in ILM saving money.

11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I like the Protoforms. To me, the reason the Autobots can defeat them so easily is because they don't have as much armor, and they have weaker weapons.

12. Devil Prime

Devil Prime Well-Known Member

Because the generic cons are only on screen for all of about five seconds before getting killed by someone.

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I would rather or have 5 or 6 Decepticons with character and a little bit of depth or distinction than dozens of random nobodies.

Random generic 'Cons make it seem too much like a generic alien invasion movie instead of Transformers.

It's just my personal preference.

14. bonycrushy345

bonycrushy345 Well-Known Member

I don't like them because they are all basically ragdolls to kill so it looks like the Autobots are doing something. If they at least gave some character or noticable difference between each other I wouldn't mind them at all.

15. battle7

battle7 Well-Known Member

I don't like them because part of the appeal of the transformers is that each of them have their distinct personalites and you differintiate each of the characters by the way each individual looks. Take Transformers Prime for example, the generic Decepticons, to me they are just drones with no individual personalites and no storyline, part of which made the original G1 cartoon so great as you got to know and learn each characters personalities, whats there to know about a drone.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because I'd rather have a final fight similar to the first movie where they were actually harder to kill instead of being fodder. In DOTM it made sense to have hoards of Decepticons though because of the space bridges, but still.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

I think this is the best thing I have seen in a movie thread in a while :lol 

the genericons are really just a symptom of a larger illness in the movie franchise, like the sniffles are a symptom of a flu. Lack of characterization period, lack of good scripts, lack of effort.. But, let's face it, those accompanying topics have all been beat into the ground already in 100's of other threads.

To put it simply, It is not the genericons alone I dislike, it is the greater illness they represent I dislike.

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't mind them, but this would be the optimal way of doing it.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Generic Decepticons make great fodder to be wiped out by a massed, coordinated counterstrike by human military forces.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Man, you guys must have hated Air Warriors, Insecticons and Reflector clones.