Why you guys want tf4 to have New cons only and none of the old ones?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 31, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Just curious, on some TF4 Ressurections thread or postes/comments/pms involving ressurection of characters from past movies, some of you guys say u want new cons only and none of the of the old cons back

so i just wanna know why you guys want TF4 to have a whole new cast of Decepticons without having characters like Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave etc, etc,

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Because reviving them is stupid and confuses audiences.

It's not hard to bring in Straxus, Jhiaxus, Overlord, Deathsaurus, etc. as new leaders of the Cons, and still have the audience understand it.

Also, I think bringing in characters who have been leaders of the Cons at some point in fiction, all together in one movie, with their own armies, duking it out on Earth to see who leads the Cons forever, would be a bad ass fourth movie. The Autobots are caught in the crossfire and have to find a way out of the mess.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because constantly resurrecting characters is stupid and destroys the drama and point of having them killed off in the first place. You know what I hate the most about the G1 cartoon? Developing Rodimus to be a leader, but then just saying LOL NOPE and reviving Optimus Prime again and everything continues as if nothing happened. You know what I hate the most about Transformers Energon? Starscream and Demolishor having a somewhat meaningful death, only to be revived and mindwiped. Utter bullshit.

I hope TF4 departs from the first three movies anyway, so new evil characters would be suiting.

4. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

because death makes you die

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    With a new cast of autobots, the audience won't be forced to watch the same movie all over again.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave et al are not the be-all-and-end-all of the Decepticons.

It's about time we got some new blood.

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

What everyone above me said, and also I'd like to get more variety into the toys. Now we just need more Autobot deaths.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

If the Cons keep getting revived, it would completely remove the point of killing them.

"look there's Megatron, lets kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again so he can be brought back to life so we can kill him again!"

Who would want to see that. Plus Megatrons weak and dumb and Starscreams a pathetic coward. Unless they bring back, say Shockwave without a resurrection, I don't want the old Cons.

9. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Like others said, a movie with new Cons like Straxus and Overlord(not too fond of Jhiaxus or Ratbat, though) is not that hard to establish. Also, like others have said(again), it's kind of a dick move to kill something and then revive it a few years later. Just destroys the whole point of meaningful death.

Also, the idea of a movie-verse Straxus in TF4 as Kaymac described in a trailer idea thread is...really cool.

10. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

shockblast anyone?

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If you want to see just how bad back from the dead can be rent Prince of Persia and then tell us how great back from the dead is.

Back from the dead needs to be confined to Friday the 13th and zombie movies.

Movies can get by with it appears that someone died but there is no body to be found. The villain or hero somehow escapes death off camera only to appear again later. But if Bone McCoy could come out and say "he's dead Jim" then the character needs to just stay dead.

Bad enough we've had Prime, Megatron, and Sam back from the dead so Transformers has used up all it's back from the dead cards.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I could maybe get behind a couple of them coming back as Dark Energon zombies. Especially if Hasbro had the guts to use the "Hellscream" name.

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just used to other Transformers and superhero comics but death revival doesn't bother me anymore. If anything the fact that a Transformers series is trying to make dead stick feels unusual to me.

14. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well...I for one actually wouldn't mind seeing the old cast - rather have that than "look at this new decepticon - oh, there he died" scenario.

My solution would be simple - do what x-men first class did, set the movie in the past rather than after DOTM.

Not...sure Bay could go an entire movie without killing of cons, or not have the thing fall apart due to plotholes, but that's for another topic.

15. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    This.

A better question would be, why wouldn't you want new Decepticons?

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd believe is Shockwave. He still has all his limbs, his spark and processor should still be intact. Being the ultimate Decepticon assassin, I'd believe him being able to get around blind. I really hope they do that but I doubt they will.

As a stretch, I maybe could go with the following return of Megatron. Megatron was covered in doctors (the scalpel lookalikes). After NEST left, they got to work fixing his head before his spark went out and modified his head to carry his spark. Having gotten an axe in hi brain, he's now a very different person.

Seeing how decayed Megatrons body is, the scalpel lookalikes repair Sentinels giving it a new external look and attached Megatrons head. They also take his spark out of his head and put it in the body. His new personality, not liking his idiotic old one, changes his name to Galvatron as a he galvanizes the scattered Decepticons. But that is a stretch and I'm uncertain if I'd like it or not.

17. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I just had this image of Megatron pieced together and revived:

Megatron: 'All hail Megatr- ah screw it I'm just gonna be the third wheel for another one-off villain again, aren't I?'

*takes his gun and shoots himself in the head*

18. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

The only two cons I wouldn't mind is Blackout (He got shot in the dick .. the dick & died. Now that's a dick move.) & everybody's favorite con....Shockwave. Everybody else should be new.

19. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would love a new cast of antagonists. ROTF brought in a load of Decepticons, and most of the Decepticons in the first movie were killed off.

20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some new cons will make TF4 interesting,hopefully some Cons will be revived as well