Why would you destoy a classic

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jesse81, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesse81

jesse81 Member

What the hell is going on, let me say it again what the hell is going on, how in the hell you make Bumble bee a Comaro and prime a long nose, megatron a cheap copy of a power ragers, dude transformers was not just about them hiding like cars but when they would be robots you could tell they still looked like what they would look like as a car, truck, gun what not. Directors if you want to set thing right fix it now let those that grow up loving the cartoon, toys & comics enjoy some what a long time in the waite.

2. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    here we go again....

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    after reading your first topic, and now this, I am certain that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Optimus Prime has been a long-nose truck three times so far. G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime, G2 Laser Optimus Prime, and Armada Optimus Prime. and you know what? all three of those toys f'ing ROCK.

Bumblebee also hasnt always been a VW bug. his second form in G2 wasnt, and classics sure as hell isnt either.

Megatron... Power Ranger... what?

This is just another alternate universe story. These are not the same Transformers you grew up with. there are similarities, but thats it.

Transformers have undergone major style revisions all through their history. Beast Wars, for example. major departure from everything we had known from before. Most fans HATED it, but it is now widely recognized as the best TF show ever, and the toys are enjoyed by damn near everyone.

This is no different. Transformers have to evolve if they're going to stay interesting and successful.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Ok, this is getting annoying. How many "WTF?/WTH?" topics are in the boards already?

5. GundamHeavyArms

GundamHeavyArms Zippity Doo Dah

I would say the only way they would need to evolve to stay interesting and successful, would be an evolution like RID and the Alternators. An evolution to more modern and recognizable cars. I've seen so far in movie today then concept when it comes to aliens and CG, is that since they have the technology to make it what they think the creators would have made it that they have the artistic liberties to make those changes. There in lies the problem, artistic liberty is a bunch of crap, as far as I'm concerned movies are not an artform. And who says you know the creator of anything so well you can decided what they'd like to see if they had that technology. Imagine what Star Wars would look like if the original movie were redone with the technology of today. It'd be just like Episodes 1 through 3, everybody would be outraged by it just like they were outraged by the different look in Episodes 1 through 3. I myself liked the new episodes because I could see that looks as being Star Wars, but I just can't wrap my head around these robot modes being Transformers just yet they inspire thoughts of I, Robot to me.

6. jesse81

jesse81 Member

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
  8. GundamHeavyArms

I like the cab-over truck like the original Optimus Prime, but I also like the long nose truck like Laser Rod Prime

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Not so many topics as this is one of a few I've seen.But EASILY a few dozen "WTF/WTH" type posts.

Some of these posts come across like the posters haven't paid any attention to Transformers since "Rebirth" aired.All this talk of Prime being a Flat nose semi give me the clue.

As Val said Prime hasn't been a flat nosed semi in years.

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

*Raises hand*

I enjoy G1 and honestly Prime being a long nose truck isn't a big deal.I mean he's still a truck.

And Megatron's a better villain as a T-Rex,Dragon,Tank,Jet and 6 changer.Because in those forms he's an actual warrior of destructive power

11. GundamHeavyArms

Can't we all just sit around a tv watching G1 reruns and listen to Lets Roll (Old Skool Remix) and get along. j/k

12. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Yes it is. Make your argument, but don't make it sound like you're "Laying down the facts" or that it's the exact same as Beast Wars.

For a start, the premise for Beast Wars was totally different. It was inherently going to be different. They were trying to do a "Robots that Transform into Animals" thing, not a "Robots that Transformers into vehicles" thing. The movie has added technicalities. Beast Wars was pretty much using a new set of characters, anyway. So there was no reason to expect anything old.

Also, it's lacking the one thing that really gave TF identity - Kibble. Sure not ALL TFs have it, Megatron can get away with it, Bludgeon doesn't even Transform, but without having "lots of Kibble" in general, it just isn't Transformers.

Beast Wars was a different premise, but it still had Kibble.

Now there's the matter, quite simply, of how good people feel it is. The designs are quite generic hollywood/anime mish-mash. They're kind of cool, they're just not as memorable. The red and blue flames on Prime just look tacky. Ratchet looks like he's spetic. Bumblebee has an ugly head. Starscream too.

I'd also like to point out that Transformers Beast Wars was called just that - not just "Transformers". This movie is just Transformers.

People don't seem to be realising that you shouldn't be comparing this to a whole new TF series. The further out a movie goes from a source, the more likely it is to be shit. Film-makers don't have the mindset as comic/cartoon writers. Entrusting Hollywood, especially Michael Bay, to come up with the next RID is just plain silly.

That said, if it were really really "out there", people probably wouldn't care as much. The fact is that they're taking G1 concepts, alterring them in ways that aren't very desirable, and passing them off as "Improved" versions of the originals. Not cool.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

gesh, maybe people should be introduced to the "search" option before posting.

14. GundamHeavyArms

Eh, They'd probably disregard the results anyways.

15. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea what it was you just said.

16. GundamHeavyArms

I believe that statement with punctuation is "Directors, if you want to set things right, fix it now and let those that grew up loving the cartoon, toys, and comics enjoy what some have been waiting a long time for." Thats my take on it.

17. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Kibble and Bits, in fact.

Technically, it was called "Beast Wars Transformers", but I'm not one to split hares.

No, it's true; I'm not lion. Quit dragon out this issue.

You were one of those people who just couldn't let go of the fact that Spider-Man didn't have to invent his web-shooters in the film, weren't you?

New and improved Kibble and Bits?

18. jesse81

jesse81 Member

19. GundamHeavyArms

I'm rolling on the freakin floor laughing my head off! and somehow managing to type this.

20. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Hey, I've got an idea..LIVE WITH IT. :drunk 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.