Why would the cons start a war if Megatron is trying to save Cybertronians?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

He wanted the Allspark to make more, and the Solar Harvester to have more life for them.
    Yet he starts a war to kill them.

2. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

Megatron isn't trying to save Cybertronians, he's trying to amass an army to conquer Cybertron and the universe. Goals such as those are a little difficult to do all on your own.

3. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

A lot of transformers are dead. Megatron wants an army, so he wants more transformers. Army needs energon to grow, but he does kill several. Maybe he didn't think the entire thing through?

4. cnic

cnic Decepticon

THIS

And THIS pretty much sum up what I think!

5. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Yeah Megatron and the fallen are trying to save the hatchlings so that they can be his army.

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first part was pretty much answered. As to the Sun Harvester, The Fallen doesn't like humans, so he wanted to kill them. The energon was just a bonus :thumbs2: 

7. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    :lol  Yeah The fallen just hated us xD

8. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Remember in all Transformers Megatron is a good guy to him self and the cons.
    They think they are doing the right thing for Cybertron.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

The answer is simple: He's crazier than Marvel Comic Galvatron.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Now see here it is a non-sequitur (it does not follow).

Why did Megatron want the Allspark? It is the source of life and power in Cybertron.

Its like finding an oil field and killing everybody else to gain it.

Plus what did he say about the cube in TF1? "Allspark! Mine!"

Megatron's intention was not to save Cybertron but gain power.

See this is the same leader that left his forces to fend for themselves.

11. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with you Aximus Prime All Megatron wants to do is conquor Cybertron and then the universe and he will do what ever it takes to get it done and he won't let anything or anyone get in his way

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    It's evolution, he finds the Autobots inferior, and wants to build an army and re-design Cybertron in his image, consisting of only the "superior" Decepticons. It's not so much he wants to keep Cybertronians alive, but Decepticons, and he wants to rule them, and begin the new, enlightened era of Cybertron.

13. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Well, Megatron doens't want to save them, he wants to create a new army. I know he says he wants to save them against Optimus in the forest battle, but that's because he really thinks Optimus is so dumb he would hand over Sam. And about the Fallen: The Fallen probably was someone who loved to destroy planet with the Sun Harvesters and was looking forward to doing the same with Earth, but his brothers stoped him because of their one rule: 'Don't destroy a planet with life on it.' And he hated humans because of that and wanted to destroy them so badly. The fact that he could save the Cybertronians with the Energon it gives is just a side issue. Atleast that's what I think.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the war was probably started by Bonecrusher, for obvious reasons.

15. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about the whole war thing. Do the Decepticons ever claim that they are at war in the films? From memory, I'm sure Optimus talks of war but I can't remember the Decepticons doing so (but I've only seen ROTF once.)

In the first movie the Decepticons seem to have no interest in the Autobots, who they are supposedly at war with. Autobots & Decepticons don't meet until Bumblebee & Barricade clash but the reason for the clash is Bumblebee is protecting Sam. Barricade wants 'Ladiesman' for the specs and it's Bumblebee that puts himself in the way, starting the fight.

Autobots & Decepticons don't meet again until on the journey to Mission City and then at the actually city. Again though, the Decepticons want the cube that Sam has and the battle is only because the Autobots are there, protecting Sam. The Decepticons seem to only fight the Autobots because they're in the way of their goal and are not specifically targeting the Autobots.

In ROTF, from memory, the Decepticons have little interest in the Autobots unless the Autobots get in the way. The battle that (briefly) kills Prime is becasue Optimus rescues and tries to protect Sam.

What I'm saying is, maybe Megatron doesn't see it as a war and basically ignores the Autobots unless they get in his way. It's a shame the films don't give much background on the Autobot / Decepticon conflict and most of it comes from Prime, who's naturally going to point the finger at Megatron.

Maybe I'm thinking about this to much but it does make Megatron a bit more 3 dimensional as he's after more than killing Autobots (just as well as across 2 films he's only killed one permanently - Jazz!)

16. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Actually with the Fallen, I think it was more like, it was his turn to be in charge of an operation, he picks Earth. All this work into building a Star Harvester, in vain, because at the last minute, some primitive ape-like creatures show up. They aren't intelligent, they stand no chance against them, but now all their hard work and energon into building the machine has been wasted, just because of these disgusting, fleshy, stupid creatures. I'd imagine he hates humans more in terms of a vendetta, doesn't so much hate humans, just the crap that went down all those years ago.

17. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    That's a very good viewpoint, I would've never considered that. They just seem to be on their own mission, and the Autobots are this guerilla-force standing against them. Regardless of right or wrong. If I'm not mistaken, in the movieverse, doesn't the Autobot title not exist until Megatron revives the Decepticons and tries to take Cybertron?

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Only in the first movie Autobot (Autonomous Robotic Organisms) is a description of their race.

I take it the Decepticons is a subgroup started by the Fallen. The Fallen being described as the first Decepticon.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    If i remember correctly (and I'm using comic knowledge here):

The Fallen corrupted Megatron with the belief that Cybertronians are the universally superior race and to build an army to command in order to conquer cybertron and all the other planets of the Universe. The Autobots came together under Optimus (who didn't know he was a Prime until Megatron's uprising) as a resistance and safehouse for any cybertronians seeking refuge from the Decepticons.

So basically, Megatron was never trying to save Cybertron with the Allspark. He wanted more soldiers to add to his army.

20. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

^This.