Why, why why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by trukkerdaddie, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trukkerdaddie

trukkerdaddie trukkerdaddie

Why isn't Octimus Prime red? Why isn't he a Freightliner? The more and more I think about this movie and the changes Paramount group are making, the more I think about how this Movie will be a huge disappointment. Even the toys for the movie they look like cheap garbage. I really hope I'm wrong and the movie can top the animated movies and series.

Paramount, Stick to what made you instead of making something that was great, god aweful worthless!

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Cause you don't see very many red Freightliners on the road like you use to. :) 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    And, this isn't the 80's anymore.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Beside G1 and 20th Prime how many times has he been a cab over?

The style of truck he is seems like such a minor thing to get fired up over.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Who?

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Because p and c are so close on the keyboard.

7. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

G1 Prime, Powermaster G1 Prime, G2, Machine Wars, RiD(fire engine is still flatnosed, and visually resembles the original semi better than the Peterbilt in a few ways), Dreamwave, Robot Masters, Energon and all the funny smaller Kabaya Superlink versions thereof, WST, Masterpiece Convoy, Hybrid Convoy, Cybertron, Legends of Cybertron, Change Galaxy Convoy(alright, it's not really Prime, but it turns into a very G1 Homagey Semi) IDW, Classics Voyager, Classics Two-Pack.

Guarantee you there's some I've missed. There are countless "Novelty" G1 Primes too.

The only time he hasn't are Laser Prime and a few other non-canon figures(Power master appeared in those funny shorts), and Armada.

Either way - G1 Prime is the one the general public remembers. That would override the imaginary "Hold on, what is an OLD truck doing on the road!?!? Since when do people do that? Now a 70s Camaro for Bumblebee - THAT'S what I'm talking about!" factor.

Prime didn't need to be updated - if anything, the idea of him scanning an "old" truck first, is kind of cool, proves that the movie isn't just a 2 hours long car/truck advert, and adds a lot to Prime's characcter, helping make him the older, wiser figure.

I still don't get it - they can use a 70s Camaro for Bumbles, but not an 80s/90s truck for Prime? I'm pretty definite there is a "Prime style" truck being made somewhere, possibly Australia. It's not as if being an old truck is going to stand out any less than the ridiculous paint job - even if such paint jobs are somewhat common, it's still far too eyecatching. Nobody would really bat an eyelid at an old Kenworth if they saw one go by.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I couldnt careless that he isnt red or flatnosed. I like where they are going with it. I wish all the gripping would stop. yeesh

9. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

That's a very selfish attitude. Most people wish all the Michael Bay fucking up the movie would stop. The whining isn't going to be in the movie. These designs and ideas are. The vast majority of the supporters of these designs would have been just as happy with a more G1 style aesthetic.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Granted you named like one that slipped my mined but now cut all the non-real world looking rigs and re-paints from your list, because that’s what I was going for.

Oh boy! It's an alien robot... that turns into an alien truck...

11. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    It's about as selfish as yours. Or is he not allowed to post his opinion, since it doesn't match yours? :horse: 

12. Thontor

Thontor Well-Known Member

i dont know what Optimus Prime you are looking at, but there's plenty of Red on the one i've seen

as for why not a cab-over-engine design? cause he'd be too short..

13. Dio

Dio Scrapper

Aren't there several already-existing threads with this topic or one very similar to it?

14. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, I'd say most people either are for the movie, or don't care what the overall aesthetics are like as long as the plot is good. It’s just the small group of you that spend your whole time complaining about these new designs and belittling people who like them.

15. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Or complain about how they're being "censored" when someone disagrees with them.

I actually like the truck they picked. Yes, the flames are a little tacky in truck mode, but it's not something I can't live with and the bot mode looks great.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Old oCtimus Prime has RED flames...good enough for me and I like the long nose truck. Around me there is a guy who still uses a flat nose that is a dead ringer from vintage prime...it's brown though.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This isnt G1. This is another alternate universe series like armada, energon, cybertron, robots in disguise, and universe. It has similar names as G1 (all these series I mentioned do), but its not G1.

its another take on transformers, so things are not going to be the same as they were 20 years ago. Optimus Prime IS red and blue in the movie though, so I dont know why you're complaining about the color. yes, he has flames, but thats to get him a mix of red and blue without having an unusual color scheme.

as for primes that havent been a COE style truck:
    G2 Hero, G2 Gobot, G2 Laser Prime, Armada Prime, Armada deluxe prime, cybertron deluxe prime, alternator prime.

Aside from RiD and Energon, every other COE style truck has been the original optimus prime character. But as I said before, this isnt G1, so there's no reason to expect him to be the same.

18. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Scooter is my friend

Dude... G1 was a cartoon...

Hey, I love G1 just as much as the next guy, but Bay and crew are trying to produce a movie that would be a realistic "What if" transformers really existed and the came to Earth. The cartoon was far from realistic. Some things just don't work in real life, like the do on the cartoon. Look at the classic G1 Optimus toy, it has a transformation that is almost identical to the cartoon, but if you compare a pic of the toy, to the pic of the cartoon, there are major differences....

When the trailer comes out in a month or so, lets hope they show us some footage of the bots, it will give us all a good indication if this new bot that they call Optimus Prime is truely the optimus from our collective memories or not.

19. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

I dont know about a flatnose.
    My buddy had one till i messed with him enough for him to get rid of it.
    I love those new volvo trucks though,But i dont think they are the size they wanted for this movie.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Why, why why did I even bother clicking on this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.