Why we enjoy ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gogo2, Jul 10, 2009.

1. gogo2

gogo2 Member

This question is on every critics mind out there. Why do we enjoy ROTF although it is official that ROTF is shitty movie.

As for me as TF fans, I enjoy it because it has robot fighting (awesome action). How about you guys? What makes it enjoyable to you although deep inside yourself, you know ROTF is bad movie due to plotholes and lame joke (as a matter of fact, ROTF lame joke is the worst of any film I've seen. It's just not suitable and overdone).

2. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it's awesome.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    :bay 

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because we're not "fully evolved" ;) 

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it for the action scenes and awesome CGI. Certainly not for the story or acting.

6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    :horse: 

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This.
    It was pure spectacle, with the VFX companies working harder at the filmmaking process than any of the writing staff.

8. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Because in the first movie I got to see Prime transform realistically. In the second movie I got to see Prime be a total badass.

That's really all I was looking for from either of them. I didn't expect much really. I knew it was going to be a Michael Bay film. Actually I think I was more surprised that they're not as bad as you'd assume them to be.

and uh,....this---->:bay :jawdropper: 

9. gogo2

gogo2 Member

I think this means that we're enjoying like we enjoy G1 cartoon when we're young. As we know, G1 cartoon is advertisement for G1 toys. The only different now is we pay to watch big budget advertisement (ROTF).

This must be the biggest budget toy advertisement ever made :p 

10. F-22Starscream

F-22Starscream Well-Known Member

beacause it had Baysplosions and giant robots that transform.

It´s just everything I wanted from transformers since I was 3 years old. Transformers in real life and thats what Bay delivered....and seriously....it´s almost like a long cartoon episode. The story is shit,the most things in it didn´t make sense at all...but we loved it because it had giant robots and baysplosions xD

11. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^This^^

12. gogo2

gogo2 Member

You did not expect a lot? That's weird. TF1 is a very very good movie. And that's why I expect a lot. Disappointing. But CGI is awesome and I enjoice. :p 

13. gogo2

gogo2 Member

Quoted for the truth. We need to tell critics that this Bay movies is just as expected.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Giant robots, great fighting and action scenes, great voice acting. Nothing more.

And I don't usually like pure-spectacle films.

15. gogo2

gogo2 Member

flogging dead horse? :deadhorse: 

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because:

I like the plot and the idea behind it. The Fallen being an ancient transformer from before they were transformers, using a machine to put energy from suns into the cube to make energon. People will say it was shit, and post over and over again in threads that it was shit and it was dissapointing, crying out for someone to notice them, but it wasn't bad at all. There are certainly much better stories out there for sure, but it was decent.

I like the characters and their voices/actors. Optimus, Sam, Jetfire, (my favourite character) Simmons, Starscream, Megatron: all great characters with strong performances

I like the action and robot fight scenes. The forest battle is just epic, with great panning shots and awesome choreography on the actual fighting.

I love seeing the designs in motion and transforming. Optimsu transforming a thousand feet up, landing then transforming back. (Also the only time we ever see him transform from robot mode to vehicle mode in the movie) Just awesome.

I love the mood set in certain scenes with music and wide-angle shots of robots/locations/events. The entire opening with the Primes discovering humans, the first shot of the harvester ship. Just... epic.

I also enjoyed the comedy. Except for Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg, I though that was pretty fucking gross, but everyone else in the theatre laughed so I guess some found it funny. Jetfire's confusion after being restored was lots of fun.

And because it was awesome.

17. gogo2

gogo2 Member

Did we reply them that we don't expect a good movie? We should send them a letter that we expect such movie. Anyone can write a good letter to Ebert and co?

18. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Giant robots fighting each other.

Explosions, special effects.

Megan Fox.

19. gogo2

gogo2 Member

Unfortunately, comedy is the part that make ROTF worse than TF1. :( 

20. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    No... we don't. You go ahead and stomp your feet and tell the professionals that your 'splosion movie was teh awesome. All this "we need to" crap is getting out of hand. Quit trying to drag everyone into a one-sided pissing contest.

You like the movie... great. You don't need to try and convert everyone. Other people don't like the movie oh well. The fact that Transformers fans are now perceived as infantile, breath holding, children is getting on my nerves. Hell, my brother just called me after catching wind of the whole "Tell Ebert he is a big fatty fat jerk fat" contest and pretty much laughed in my face for being a Transformers fan. He loves the toys and liked the cartoon, but now we are a joke.