Why was there never a Transmetal/ TM2 version of scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Nov 27, 2010.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this is something i find really odd in coming back to beastwars pretty much all of the original characters from the cartoon were given some kind of upgrade form weather transmetal of transmetal 2 (even inferno seen as transmetal scavenger was meant to be his upgraded form and was purposed as such in his japanese release)

So why not scorponok?

Is there any other exceptions anyone can think of?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe it has something to do with the size of the non-TM scorponok figure? But waspinator and inferno were at the same size class too, weren't they? Maybe the powers that be thought there were too many bugs in the TM line already, or maybe his toys just weren't selling (which would explain his sudden... departure from the show as well)?

Tigertron never really got a TM form in mass release, but then I guess it would have been a cheetor repaint and basically the botcon exclusive, right?

Would silverbolt count? He didn't appear as one of the "original" characters of the show though.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  3. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    personally i wouldnt count the fuzors as they were allready special/ had special featyures

But tigertron is pretty notable although we got tigerhawk and the botcon transmetal

It just suprise me that ALL the original Axalon and predacon ship crew got transmetal versions and not him

Edit: just found out there was a mcdonalds transmetal scorponock in red and blue although he still didnt receive a full size transmetal toy

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's really hard to say. Remember that for some time, Inferno was going to be Megatrons new body rather than a new character.

5. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    Really? im actually in the dark about most of this i didnt have access to the internet during beast wars as i was quite young and my parents arent the most tech savvy

also if anyone wants a stand in theres
    Double Punch (1998) - Predacon Killer Elite - www.tfu.info

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's because the Mega Class as a whole were poor sellers. Hence the reason for shifting Optimus and Megatron to that class for the Transmetals. To the best of my knowledge, it was only them and Blackarachnia who sold strongly in that size class.

Scavenger was originally intended for Inferno, it is true. The fact of the matter is, all the second assortment Megas shelfwarmed, even Inferno, so the name was changed to make the toy a new character rather than associate him with an unpopular seller.

The fact that Scavenger then went ahead and shelfwarmed is pretty telling.

Same reason probably applies for Scorponok getting killed off / not getting an upgrade or a newer toy. He was probably a poor seller, so much so that his character was written out and replaced effectively by another scorpion - Quickstrike.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there was a mc donalds one

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

He wasn't terribly popular.

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Hasbro had forgotten about the old characters already? Even if we had gotten a Transmetal Scorpy, It probably would have sucked anyway (Case in point - compare the original Terrorsaur to the crappy Transmetal version). So even if we didn't get a Transmetal Scorpy, the S1 Scorpy was a nice figure to remember that dumb brute by... :lol 

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits: