Why was Roadbuster missing a chainsaw?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideways77, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    One design of DoTM I love is definatly Roadbuster. With his cap, glasses, and Ernhart Jr. mode. Nut one thing got me. Every toy of Roadbuster- the Cyberverse, the deluxe, the HA, and even the non-transforming little kid Roadbuster all have a chainsaw. Yet Roadbuster's CGI model has none. Is there a reason for that?

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good question. I'm guessing that he never had a chainsaw in the film because we didn't see much of the Wreckers in general. Maybe we'd have seen Roadbuster tearing shit up with a chainsaw if there were a few more scenes of the Wreckers fighting Decepticons.

3. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

Maybe the toys of Roadbuster had been based off of early concept art of him, and the chainsaw got taken out as his CGI design was finalized? It's what makes the most sense to me, but I'd be interested in finding out the real reason.

4. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Interesting! I wasn't aware that he was supposed to be armed with a chainsaw, but if I had to guess I'd say removing that was part of "de-rednecking" the Wreckers once the-powers-that-be decided to give 'em various European accents instead.

Same goes for the missing Steeljaw, I'd imagine.

Chainsaws and attack dogs seem like they'd fit right in with the rest of their predominantly redneck motifs and design schemes.

5. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    Concept art for the movie definitely had his chainsaw, and that's probably what all the toys got designed after. Then, for whatever reason, removed from the CG model for the film itself.