Why was Earth travels banned in the Beast Wars era?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 21, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Pretty much what the title says. I thought Autobots and the humans were close allies.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because, well, Megatron. Look what he almost did by going to Earth. With Time Travel enabled by Transwarp ships available to so many, they had to make laws so somebody like him didn't go into the past and destroy the proto-humans or kill the sleeping Optimus or something.

3. General Magnus

So, it was more of means of survival? Was it ever stated that Cybertron had some contacts with humans?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    More like a means to not destroy the Universe.

Beast Wars' present is three hundred years into the future. We don't know what happened to Earth, but at that point to two planets, while probably interacting from time to time, are most likely enjoying prolonged peace through the Galaxy seperately.

5. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

As said, (and actually stated in-show if I remember correctly) because Transwarp drives enabled effective time-travel the exact location of Earth was kept secret from the general population to prevent any Predacons from tampering with the time-stream.

(Predacon) Megatron made it pretty clear why that was a generally good idea...

It was almost exclusively the efforts of the Ark Autobots that turned the tide of the Great War and led to eventual Maximal rule. Before the events of "G1" the Decepticons actually had majority control of Cybertron and the Autobots were on the verge of total defeat.

If any Predacons were to have access to a Transwarp-capable ship and the coordinates of Earth they could (in-theory) go back and "remove" the cause of their ancestor's defeat (the Ark Autobots and/or the ancestors of Humanity)... which is exactly what Megatron tried to do.

By the Beast-Era (some 300 years after "G1"), Transwarp drives were too common to risk the location of Earth being common knowledge.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was a really well-written and informative post. I've been watching since G1 and never quite understood a lot of that stuff, but you just summed it up. I never realized a lot of that. Thanks!

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    As said, Cybertron is trying to prevent time meddling. If our Golden Disk is one of their sacred relics, Cybertron is well aware of the past and such. That's the reason the Golden Disk was so protected in the first place: they're trying to protect themselves from those like Megatron who're trying to screw with time.

2. According to some Japanese BW book, this is what's happened to humanity by 300 years later. Treat it as you will.

By this time, through some events, apparently humanity is gone, as they fused with the Swarm and an alien race of reptiles to make the Vok.

It's quite possible the Vok have some of their species on Earth post ReBirth, and knowing this, the big boys on Cybertron have banned travel to Earth to avoid the Vok. Remember how in Other Visits Primal didn't want the Vok to know about Cybertron itself?

Which raises another question - if the Vok were pissed at the Cybertronians for meddling, why didn't they go back in time to stop Megatron from taking the Golden Disk and etc?

And another - that Japanese guide claims that the Vok seeded Energon on Earth for future humans to use to avoid pollution and such. So the Vok are trying to prevent themselves from being "born" instead of accepting however they became themself?

My head hurts with this Vok business. But Cybertron banned Earth travel because of time meddlers like Megatron and to avoid the Vok.

8. General Magnus

That doesn´t make much sense because if the Vok are are part human they should know were Cybertron is.

That´s why I ignore japanese continuty..it´s confusing.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actully thats not true.

Remember...Japanese continuity has the "original" Cybertron as being destroyed.

And it , as well as Marvels G1 comic,also had Cybertron as a rouge planet floating trew the universe.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In Beast Wars II-Neo Japanese continuity Gaia is future Earth. Humans found Almagois (sp?) energy and tried to harness it but were destroyed. Almagoisis Unicron's energy when he blew up in the movie.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Didn't know anything about Beast Wars II Neo whatever but I've always amused myself with the thought that there was some kind of massive Transwarp experiment that went wrong in Earth's distant future and the planet was thrown far back in time and became the organic core of Cybertron and the huge Transwarp machine bonded over the planet to become the beginnings of metal outer shell.
    I dunno if that means there's an ever-growing number of Cybertrons as time goes on though. I suppose the distant future Cybertron would have to be destroyed too to make way for the one from the distant past made from Earth over and over.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Could also be that the Cybertronians don't want to risk bringing their conflict to earth again (though they were supposedly at peace when the rule started, right?), and want to leave earth to develop according to its own decisions as opposed to having constant exposure to advanced Cybertronian technology.

13. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

If the Vok were happy to "terminate" the experiment AKA earth due to contamination from the transformers and their beast wars...then it would not take great leap of faith to think the Vok , if prodded enough...would take a swipe at cybertron with a death machine...or create a super warrior like they did with tigerhawk to go inflict some ass whup on cybertron...personally ...tigerhawk unleashed on cybertron would have decimated that world..they would have electric storms, earth quakes and shit falling all over the place...and not have a damned clue WTF hit them...look at what tigerhawk was doing to the Nemesis...enough said...the Vok are to be avoided...