Why Was Animated canceld & do u think S4 sounded good

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jun 19, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Was it something to do with the hub?

Also do you think that Season four sounded good?
    For those who do not know what they had planned, it included a Tripplechanger Megatron

Read the comment below.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Season 4 is detailed in the Allspark Almanac and would have dealt with Megatron teleporting the Kaon prison to Lake Erie on Earth, and the chaos that caused. There would have been a Shattered Glass episode, an episode involving the Constructicons in a turf war with the prison Mini-Cons, and the culmination of the season would have been Optimus Prime gathering all his allies to bring down Megatron once and for all. It sounds like it would have been a very good season - but the grass being greener on the other side, it usually does.

There were no plans to revisit Cyclonus as far as I know, and the creative team said specifically no to Unicron or the 13. They did not want to touch that.

As for why the series was canceled, there were a lot of reasons. One of them was that retailer demand was for realistic toys and not Animated, and yes, another was because of the Hub deal. The main problem though were the retailers, they simply didn't want to buy into the line because they wanted more of the Movie toys or realistic toys like the Movie toys.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I've heard, ROTF killed it with it's toyline.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

WOW. That would also sound cool.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    truth? partly due to CN being the production company and the Hub's launch as a rival station. I'm sure they would of been fine with the show moving station since they still would of got a pay check but when Hasbro has the investment power to do it on their own theirs not much reason to keep CN around.

Also retail wise Animated was loosing out to movie toys and with ROTF on the way its an easy choice to make.

Honestly I'm more then happy with the way its gone. Animated was well written and that trend has continued with prime and personally I like primes style more (still not what I like but its more my kinda thing compared to animated)

6. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Hasbro started the Hub and wanted transformers for their programming and didn't want to lose viewing figures or dilute their market with more than one series running at the same time.

Also they wanted to cross promote with the movies and having a similar style for the movie audience to identify with.

Ironically as the Hub seems to not be doing to well Prime may end up on CN anyway

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll ever know the full, detailed, multi-faceted reasons behind Animated coming to an end, but I believe we can at least conclude it was a victim of business circumstances, rather than actually having run its course to a natural or pre-planned endpoint like the previous decade of Transformer iterations each did. We all know that each different imaging of Transformers ends eventually, but that's why Animated's conclusion stung so many so badly - it was over because business decisions required it to be over, not because the story required it to be, or the creators wanted it to be.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Animated ending so quickly really killed my fandom in a big way for a while. In fact, I'm still mad about it. :( 

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Lots of reasons why there was the break up between Transformers and Cartoon Network. Almost impossible though to find the exact reasons because each company likes to put their own spin on it when they will even mention it and each company loves it's secrets.

Would have been nice to get a season 4 because there were still things that seemed to have answers but not until season 4. I also miss some of the characters like Blitzwing, Lugnut, and Starscream's female alter ego that are unlikely to show up in Transformers Prime since it's a more serious show than Animated was.

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    The first time I saw that episode with all the Starscreams I about cried with joy. Also, some of the cameos like Spittor were just so out of left field, it was fantastic.

Also, I remember when Animated staff (I think it was Derrick Wyatt) were asking on these boards back in 2008 who you would like to see on "Animated" in the future, and I typed "Star Saber and Dai Atlas", of course thinking it would never happen in a million years. But then Star Saber showed up in Yokaitron's hologram room and Dai Atlas was standing in the crowd on the final episode, and I was like, that's it, it doesn't get any better.

11. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

I'd love to see TFP take on more serious versions of those characters, though. I think a version of Slipstream could be created very easily (and actually when they were floating that rumor about "a badass female 'Con" but not telling us anything else, I hoped it would be her.)

Lugnut would be a little more difficult but doable as long as he didn't get too ridiculous. Actually, I think a more serious take on him would be a good idea, since they're playing up the Megatron and Starscream rivalry so much. A staunch loyalist (who I think in this show would/should actually have clear reasons for that loyalty) who's aware of Starscream's scheming and Not Liking It One Bit but unable to do anything directly would be really, really cool.

And Blitzwing I think they could do too, if they made him sufficiently dark and creepy. Each one of his personalities could be made quite sinister. Especially Random, if his "pranks" are made sufficiently sadistic... ;-)

12. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

TFP has its less-serious characters, too. A Decepticon team with this Starscream, Soundwave, Knock Out and Breakdown could easily accommodate Lugnut or Blitzwing.

Slipstream was in WFC (which is supposed to be the same continuity) so could be an easy fit in to Prime.

But, back to Animated. Some of my all time favourite TF moments are from that series. It was consistently charming, funny, made with love, respectful of its story and, therefore, its audience.

Season Four would have been fantastic. I question some of the ideas but trust in the team that made them. There were also some pretty ragged loose ends to tie together.

There's still a chance we'll get some resolution in comic book form.

When you think of the themes that were set up but never fully addressed - weapons of mass destruction, torture, lying to children, revenge, self-sacrifice, life beyond death - I'd have said there were at least three more series that needed making.

I guess it's just irony that possibly the most mature of TF generations was passed up because it looked wonky and childish on the surface.

13. godotislate

godotislate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Derrick Wyatt has mentioned other ideas floating about that I'm not sure made it into the Allspark Almanac:

1) A "flashforward" episode where Optimus & crew travel to a future time when Galvatron sits on the throne of a decimated Cybertron with a Unicron head orbiting the planet. Presumably Cyclonus would have shown up unless he had already traveled back in time.

2) An episode (entitled "Truck vs. Monkey") featuring a clone of Optimus made by Blackarachnia.

14. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

animated I think was cancelled because cartoon network and hasbro weren't getting along to well and they wanted to get rid of it to make way for the hub and from what we know transformers animated season 4 would have been magnificent

15. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah from what I have heard from the guys in the know it was CN dragging their heals that put an end to Animated. The delays were the final nail. The show was never properly supported by CN and Hasbro dropped the ball with getting the toys out so late.

Season 4 would have been epic and I hope we get to see it in a comic some time. If I ever hit the big lottery win, season 4 will get made.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :cry 

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    That's it right there! That's what I try to tell people put off by the art style. Animated was made by fans, for fans. You can feel the love. In contrast, the Bayverse was not too geared towards fans. You can feel that. Both of them existing at the same time really drove that point home, for me, and made it all the sadder when the RotF toy shelves devoured the Animated shelves.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Same here. To be totally honest, I've never really recovered from it. I bought what Generations figures I could find in stores, but never bothered to go online for the ones like Perceptor and Lugnut that never turned up here. I find Prime to be okay, but I have failed completely to get into it to the point where I'm three or four episodes behind now, just because I don't care enough to watch the next episode (and considering I left off in the middle of a two-parter that's saying a lot). I don't really care much about Dark of the Moon, either. There's been nothing that's come along since Animated to make up for its loss to me and, honestly, I'm not sure there ever will be.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Michael Bay's car is fueled by fanboy tears.

...or didn't you know that?

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Sadly I did. :(  It also runs on million dollar bills.

And Switchblade, totally feel ya on that, man. I think I'm only one episode behind on Prime, now, but the sense of excitement is nowhere near where it was with Animated.