Why Warrior Scorponok...

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by PeterMagnus, Jun 13, 2016.

1. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was thinking, why does Scorponok, and I guess Bisk, have warrior toys? Bisk appeared in three episodes throughout the show, only speaking in two of them, while Scorponok was only in two. Now, both figures are really cool, that is not what I am saying, but could it be that these two are being set up to return?
    There is no evidence that the prisoners in the scrapyard are leaving with the the ones frozen in the other part of the Alchemor. So perhaps Scorponok will be replacing Steeljaw as lead villain, and free Bisk and possibly others to be his team.
    Thoughts, criticisms, comments?

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'm hoping Scorponok, Glowstrike and Saberhorn where planning something fartherreaching than Steeljaws ambitions. And arent planning on letting beingvtaken prisoner stop them.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

It seems that any Decepticon that shows up in more than one episode gets a toy.

I'm not complaining, I can't wait to have my Warrior Steeljaw leading a zoo!

4. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I dunno. I would love to see Scorponok return as a main villain. I liked his voice and his design, and I think he could have done a lot more than what we saw him do.

5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

The Decepticon Island gang and Steeljaw and some form of his pack will return in Season 3/The TV Movie, I'm sure. I'm expecting Megatronus to make a return and be further fleshed out too. This plus the Council on Cybertron is a healthy amount of plot/conflict for future episodes. Plus Season 4 was mentioned on Twitter by an RID artist too, so I don't think we'll be missing any of the good characters on this show anytime soon.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope Scorponok becomes the main villain of the next season.

I want to see Filch, Scowl, Stockade, Underbite and Fracture return next season, since the first three were all one shot characters with potinetial and the later two not having an appearance of any kind in season 2.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Why not? Hasbro does need Decepticons to sell, the entire TF franchise is based around toys that kids make fight each other. Scorponok was a leader, so they made a toy of him. I doubt it goes any deeper than that. He might reappear, but I don't think having a toy is indicative of that.

8. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I actually think Hasbro should make toys of more of the Cons. There's a lot of cool characters, but so few of them get figures. And it's not like there's anything wrong with a Scorponok figure. Better than nothing.

9. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the case of Bisk, I'd wager money on visual distinctiveness.

10. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I still don't get why they did all the Autobots first. Then again they didn't real care much about this line.

11. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Well, the line needs more Decepticons and he happened to be one of the more prominent ones from Season Two, even if he only had a major role in one episode.

12. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

That seems kinda subjective. When did they ever say anything like that?

13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

I think this toyline, like this show, was/is plagued by being held to expectations relevant to Prime when really if you look at it as its own thing it's, not without flaws, overall really enjoyable.

It's a show for young kids, it's written for the 5 to 10 age bracket and the story and toyline reflect that. But I still dig it. For me part of collecting Transformers is embracing that it's for kids first and appreciating that despite that the toys and cartoons are still charming enough to entice adults like us for a lifetime. I overlook the quirks resultant of the show/line being aimed at children way younger than me because that's a part of why I love Transformers, the childlike wonder and wackiness of it all.

The RID15 line isn't the Prime line, like the cartoon it has a much more modest scope with more focus on fun than maturity, but at the end of the day Hasbro still put a lot of good stuff into it.

Taking into account all Warriors, Legions, Takara's molds, and passable one-steps, RID fans should have a respectable display of characters by the end of this year

Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe, Fixit, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Drift, Jetstorm, Slipstream, Jazz, Windblade, Ratchet, Steeljaw, Thunderhoof, Clampdown, Underbite, Fracture, Airrazor, Divebomb, Quillfire, Springload, Bisk, Scorponok, Overload, Ransack, Backtrack, Crazybolt, Groundpounder, and Megatronus will have well-made toys in one of those 3 size-classes, many with more than one, by the end of 2016.

I can't wait until my shelf has the Bee Team and Steeljaw's Zoo properly repped, tbh.

14. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Yeah it's subjective but if the Hasbro designer teams cared more, we'd probably have had actual Voyager figures in the line, more Decepticons or it would have evened itself out a bit better.

It just feels like they cut too many corners and the toyline just comes off unimpressive, though some of the more recent Decepticon toys are actually solid (Megatronus, Fracture, Thunderhoof, Quillfire) I rather love those figures.

I feel it could have been done better. Takara does a solid job with the line, though I wish they were gutsier and maybe all new original molds like a Voyager Underbite at least.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, Voyager Underbite is a must.

16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A larger Underbite figure is overdue, but I wish Takara also released a large, better articulated version of Megatronus like their Adventure Optimus Primes.

17. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

I say it's because Scorponok's a well known established character and he appeared in multiple episodes.

Speak of the devil...

18. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFA had a voyager toy for a character from one episode that wasn't even relevant to the main storyline. Sometimes the company simply makes the toys it thinks will end up cool, and you can be sure some kids out there will like the concept of a robot scorpion monster.