Why Transformers Film Franchise can't be like Marvel's MCU?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by deathzero23, May 11, 2017.

1. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers movie franchise is already in it's 5th installment.

But we all know Paramount and Michael Bay kept leaving plot holes and inconsistencies after every film.
    Worst, one film contradicts some parts of previous films if not all.
    You see, it's the franchise LONG TIME PROBLEM if not SICKNESS.

Paramount and Hasbro are always bare plans on making TF films and even mentioning a Bumbleebee-centric films. That being said, why don't they do their best to FIX the plot holes and inconsistencies they've made?

Why don't Paramount and Hasbro be like Marvel's MCU.
    In Marvel's MCU, they have these numerous super-hero films BUT their team from producer, writers and directors ALWAYS KEEP THE CONTINUITY INTACT. Leaving no plotholes and inconsistencies from little to NONE.

And with MCU, although they're all Superhero flicks, every movie has it's OWN THEME PLOT:

Iron Man = Genius Billionaire's struggle to from being a weapons maker into a philanthropist
    Captain America = Hidden secrets and betrayals (Political-Action Thriller)
    Guardians of the Galaxy = Marvel's own version of Star Wars with comedic twist (Sci-Fi Comedy)
    Doctor Strange and Thor = Magical and Mysticism; Norse mythology of Gods.

Am I being unfair? Asking a lot?
    I'm not saying it's easy. Well, Superheroes and Transformers aren't the same.
    But what's ALWAYS been with TF films is "involvement with human history".
    5 films and it's always like that.

Is there no other way to write a better TF film exploring outside the box of "involvement with human history" thing?

I'm not saying the TF film franchise directly copy MCU.
    But at least DRAW SOME INSPIRATION from it to make better improvements.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Shut your damn mouth.

News Credits:
    Because we know what TLK will end up like, yeah?

Great thread, great thread.

• Like Like x 6
  3. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

Lol, continuity intact.

You mean like when at the end of Thor 1 the Bifrost Bridge was broken and they made a big deal about Thor not being able to go to Earth anymore, but then in The Avengers he shows up on Earth like it was no big deal, and then in Thor 2 the Bifrost Bridge is magically repaired and nothing of consequence ever happened because of it?

Or how about when at the end of Iron Man 3 Tony Stark vows to give up being Iron Man and blows up the Iron Legion, and then at the beginning of The Avengers 2, there's Iron Man AND the Iron Legion just hanging out like that never happened.

Then there's the whole Mandarin thing, with Iron Man 3 establishing that there is no actual Mandarin but then the fans got pissed off so they made a short to say that actually the Mandarin does exist.

This notion of the MCU having a really good sense of continuity between movies is utter crap.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bad planning. Worse directors. Worse writers.

With Iron Man they went in with at least some idea that they were going to do a cinematic universe. With Transformers it happened to be successful and they just make sequel after sequel with random ideas slapped on.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Hasbro dont have a clone saga that almost lasted a decade. :) 
    Just an example of why mcu could keep on for half a century with bollox writting

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Are we related or something because that's the exact stuff I've been saying even more so Marvel's build up to IW has been terrible. The amount of dropped plot points is beyond staggering. IH has been forgotten, Banner hasn't mentioned Betty at all, Ross isn't working with shield, Tony was part of the avenger initiative joining with Ross to bring the avengers together to go after Hulk. In IM 2 Tony is rejected by the avenger initiative and apparently the whole idea of them going after Hulk doesn't exist anymore. In IH Banner learns to control Hulk and can go in and out of it pretty much at will as the ending suggests, yet in Avengers Banner can no longer control Hulk and still rejects it despite IH showing him accepting it, maybe even reveling by the last scene.

Fury comes to talk about the Avenger initiative others movies involve this building to him finding and gathering each one yet when we reach Avengers nothing has come from this and the avenger initiative was just shut down they're brought together for different reasons and it wasn't even supposed to be the full team, the avenger initiative was useless. Shield is using the cube to build weapons this plot exists for literally one reason to give the avengers an excuse to argue it has no pay off at all or impact in the actual narrative. The mandarin twist is even worse considering the last two IM movies used the ten rings to hint at mandarin before introducing him in the third, in IM 3 the mandarin build up and the ten rings are completely dropped. Tony's whole arc in IM 3 is ignored AOU only works if you ignore all character development he had in IM 3.

Hydra is revealed to have infiltrated the government's of the world and influenced the last few decades. This is huge yet it doesn't matter after Hydra is beaten the world goes on, it doesn't change at all. This should shake the world yet it doesn't, after WS Hydra becomes irrelevant are even treated as jokes, the only character this revelation affects is Steve and he didn't trust the government anyway. The Hydra reveal barely means anything. Thor TDW ends with Loki usurping Odin and no one knowing it, a lot of great possibilities here, yet in Ragnarok Thor almost immediately discovers it's him (he has to or the plot can't start) and goes off to find Odin, no exploration of Loki's reign or anything, what was the point of the twist? Tony and Pepper go through all that development across the IM trilogy only to break up in CW offscreen rendering their story pointless, same with Thor and Jane.

I could actually go on for quite a bit longer but I think that's sufficient. The MCU's continuity is terrible probably some of the worse a franchise has had in a long time. Naturally most people are going to ignore this reply just like they ignored Turok1134. I'm seriously considering putting together a timeline summary to show everyone just how well the movies work, also how easily these continuity issues can work perfectly.

• Like Like x 5
  7. zerowolf

zerowolf Well-Known Member

Good question since it clear Paramount/Hasbro is trying to course correct the transformers brand to be similar with Disney/Marvel
    Why can't it be like Marvel? because Marvel/Feige had a road map since the beginning. Paramount/Bay didn't, they just made as they went along. Although, with the writer's room they seem keen to get some those avenger/shared universe money.

But just like DC i don't think it will work. Rushing in with a shared universe, both companies never actually took the time to develop/invest in building their characters or universe.
    You can hate Marvel but they did it the right way, took their time with it while the copy cat just wants to rush it.

8. Fox13

Fox13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll be more Star Wars / X-Men Cinematic Universe than Marvel.

Good continuity between films doesn't matter *that* much. The X-Men films are a prime example of that; a continuity 10 times more flawed than Transformers yet still highly regarded. It's the individual film that matters at the end of the day.

But let's see what happens with TLK.

• Like Like x 8
  9. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    Why didn't Tony Stank find out about the Hydra infiltration of SHIELD when he hacked into all their files on the helicarrier in the Avengers?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I...don't think Marvel fans have room to talk nowadays, while Mr. HydraCap McGee is still at large...get rid of him first, THEN come back and rub the MCU in our faces all you want lol

11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Like none of these complaints have anything to do with continuity, babe.

12. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Hollo!

Every time I see these threads, I'm reminded of an old thing...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  13. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I haven't read the rest of replies yet, but provisionally i'd say the big difference is the variety of talents and artists MCU has. all those Fantastic directors and writers and actors.

TF has had the same captain and largely the same crew from the start. It's getting tired, I mean every movie has the same core "guess what! Transformers have been around on earth for years" plotline.

If Paramount stop playing it safe and start mixing shit up, there's no reason Transformers couldn't match the MCU few years down the line.

Let's be fair. Avengers did it a fuckload better.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I remember an interview about that, they said it didn't make sense, but they knew people wouldn't care because Thor needed to be there. They were right :lol  But to be fair it was a cheap move.

• Like Like x 1
  15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Because the transformers films aren't super hero films first and foremost. In a world where CGI transformers takes more time and money to create and animate as opposed to hiring a little human actor, live action transformers will never have the same kind of screen time as, say, iron man or any of the avengers.

This means you can't have just a Prime or just a Bee movie with only cybertronians and without humans as some sort of focus to keep from a ridiculous budget and LOTS of time. So thats the start.

And even then, most people know the transformers to be a team right out the gate. Only the comics really tackle individual stories of certain transformers characters. Could one character carry the movie on their own? We'll have this answered when the bumblebee movie drops.

But as others have said with continuity, these films were never meant to be what Marvel is, and that's not even a bad thing in itself. It has continuity issues but then so does Marvel. I love the Marvel movies but acting like their movies alone are Shakespearean god-like flicks, including the continuity, is overstepping big time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

ehhh when ut comes to having the invading army feel threatening and the aftermatch being treated with weoght and seriousness

Id give it to dotm, espcaily with how they really focused on the destruction and loss of life

Civil war revealing that only 29 people died makes the threat they neat seem really minor espcaily considering they pulled a phantom mennace with the drones

• Like Like x 3
  17. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I'm focused more on the fact Avengers final act was funny fast cohesive action, and DOTMs was over long, sloppy and dull.

DOTM was more serious, i'll give you that, and the battle of the Primes was a great finale until the Megatron farce. But I can't fault the MCU for not being all doom and gloom. That's not their style, and look where it got DC.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Megatron and primea final confrontation os not only the best part of the movie its franchise highlight

Iam not saying the mcu should be doom and gloom, but how they handled the battle of new york was sloppy on areas most as a result of playing it to safe.

Its like the spectum oppisite of mos where theres a shit ton of damage and causlties but neither we or the protags are supposed to care.

To me dotm hit the perfect middlengroundnbetween the extremes

19. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but for some reason.. there is this impression that...

MCU somewhat can "get away easily" if they have inconsistencies earning "less ire" and "more praises".
    While Bayverse TF films while "can get away" with their inconsistencies, it can be easily spotted and get "bashed easily".

I guess inconsistencies and plot holes aside, it all boils down with WELL-WRITTEN STORY/PLOT.
    If the casual viewers are sold with the plot, they somehow forget the mistakes of the film.

Like in basketball. The culture of winning.
    When Kobe started to win rings without Shaq, people forgot his Colorado case.
    When LeBron won a ring in Cleveland last year, it seems people forget he betrayed people of Ohio in going to south beach.
    Sorry for the NBA comparison. Hahaha
    It's Playoffs season anyway.

20. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I can't agree, but you seem very sure, so let's agree to disagree! ;) 

Hulk. Smash!