Why Transformers Animated will be a huge success.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Aug 16, 2007.

1. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    May Hasbro have mercy on my bank account when the figures come out.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It took me a while to read the first post (ate dinner half way threw it), but, I wanted to read it the whole way threw before replying. I agree with you 100%. I can't wait to see the new show, and buy the new toys. Next year is going to be a great year to collect Transformers.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I'll tell you what Kickback if I wasn't already sold on the show you would have just done it right there. You had some great points. Two thumbs up sir.:thumb :thumb 

4. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This will be the first series I watch on tv since armada.
    As soon as I saw the toys, these were my exact words. "f$%* the movie designs, I love animated now!"

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd reply with the standard "I can't wait for Animated!", but as much as I'll likely enjoy collecting the toys, the movie aesthetic is just the penultimate TF aesthetic for me-- so I CAN wait for the series, but that doesn't mean I won't like it, if you know what I mean.

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    A better channel to air it on.

A better script for the show.

10% humans, 90% Transformers.

BETTER DESIGNS, NOT TEEN TITANS-STYLED ANIMATION.

Better-looking toys.

Somewhat similar story to G1.

Having the show NOT be part of Cartoon Network.

Starscream NOT voiced by Tom Kenny.

Sari (the human girl) NOT having a Pac-Man-like head, and having NORMAL human head proportions.

Need I say more? If we wanted a GOOD TF show, Hasbro could have just made a War Within cartoon and they'd be making a shitload of cash then, instead of going to Cartoon Network where they can't draw shit.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm sure it will be a huge success, I'm not real keen on the designs or the toys, but the cartoon looks pretty good in motion.

Wait... you have already seen the show?

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So instead of Cartoon Network you want ... Toon Disney? Which some cable companies don't even carry in their standard package? That makes sense.

Written in conjunction with Cartoon Network and Hasbro. It makes me think of a quote I was told by someone in Hasbro once...

So now they're paying most of the bill again and are getting just about everything they wanted. Yeah, can't go wrong with being written and produced in the United States

Who would watch that? And what would it air on, the Sci-Fi channel? You're entire hobby would go down the drain because no one would be watching it and those who were watching it wouldn't be buying enough toys to make it profitable.

Opinion. And sadly, kids love the Teen Titans design aspect of things and the toys look fantastic, show-accurate and fully posable with believable alt. modes. So while you may puff out your chest and say "SCREW YOU HASBRO!", the millions they're going to make off this will silence your cries of childhood molestation.

Funny, I see more "I LOVE THE WAY THESE LOOK!" comments than I do "I CANNOT STAND THESE!" But you'll buy these anyways.

G1 had a story?

Why? What's wrong with Cartoon Network?

Why not? He's the most dead-on Chris Latta I've ever heard.

And who the hell would buy that? A War Within cartoon would make tons of cash? From who? The only people interested would be collectors and long-time fans, and I'll repeat this a thousand times over and no one ever listens to me but it's the truth so eat it, COLLECTORS CANNOT CARRY A TOYLINE, A FRANCHISE, A CARTOON, OR ANYTHING. AT MOST, THEY CAN CARRY A COMIC BOOK.

You would be the death of Transformers.

9. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Why can't the" Ani-haters and 'if it's not G1 it's not Transformers'" STFU and let the TFans who DO enjoy the 1st coming of Animated(Like me) have fun.

....Primus!

BTW Animated for the WIN!

Edit:Amen, Mr. Kickback

10. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm pretty much agreeing with this guy. I wanted to puke when I saw what Prime looked like on that first poster they released. His waist was so small on that picture he could fit into GAP girl's jeans. That's not the Prime I know and love.

I don't know if it will be like this, but I see Dr. Evil McEvilton building big magnets that stop the Autobots from doing good deeds while the Decepticons trick said doctor and reap the benefits. Coooooorny.

Cartoon Network is a good channel for it to be on, as it's a cartoon and that network happens to air cartoons.

A cartoon based on the movie and movie designs would rock, I think. Same thing with War Within. What's not to love about Cybertronians duking it out on their home planet?

Although... TF Anim. Starscream > TF Anim. anything else

*hopes no feelings were hurt*

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT!! (I got rid of the spaces imbetween to save space)

12. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

lance is in the new show?

13. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thank you for the thought out response. Hopefully, the series will change your mind when it begins airring!

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this show.

The designs from War Within were really nice, but the story had some fanboyism that I didn't like, such as having the universe revolve around the TF's, which is a classic fan written flaw for any series.

I love hearing what fans think can make money and what can't. Not that 2 huge entertainment companys like Hasbro and Viacom (who I think own CN) are without their flaws, but they usually have some good research and forethought into investing tons of money into a series and toyline, especially an established one and not shooting in the dark with a new concept.

Oh, and a to a lot of the fans that are complaining- if you had a ton of your money invested in something, you would probably make whatever choice is more likely to make money.

15. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks, dude. In all honesty, I hope my mind gets knocked into the right place too! I never want to dislike anything having to do with Transformers, even though it seems like some people hate everything having to do with our hobby, yet they have an account on here and drop assloads of cash on figures and the like.

Man, that's the truth with anything in this world. Companies or corporations don't care how they make money, as long as it's made, and if they can please some people in the process, I bet they consider it a perk. Hasbro is pretty good about conducting business though, really speaking for the fandom. But...damn them for Classics Thundercracker being an exclusive! :tongue: 

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Kickback makes some great points, but I was thrown back by this:

Ratchet = teh sex?

Also, I do kind of understand the hard feelings towards Cartoon Network.
    They have a tendancy to either bury the shows they are not happy with on random timeslots with no advertising, or rerun the shows they are happy with sometimes up to three hours a day until you are sick of the show.

Kickback referenced the new Masters of the Universe show. I tried to follow that show, but I never knew when it was on! Does anyone know when the new Fantastic Four cartoon airs? It was on in the mornings for a couple of weeks, then in the evenings for two weeks, then my DVR just lost it.

I understand that Toon Disney is not in as many markets, but they do promote their shows and they do keep their timeslots a lot more consistent than Cartoon Network.

Am I the only one that wishes the show had a different name than 'Animated'?

17. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Toon Disney wouldn't even want TFs. They got Power Rangers, that's bad enough. Nickelodeon, maybe. Kids WB could work out if they made themselves weekday afternoons schedules again. I just don't think Cartoon Network would work. I mean, they're airing TF Cybertron and Teen Titans in ENDLESS RERUNS at the crack of dawn. Why? Because they're so damn lazy.

Alright, you got me there. I guess the Transformers/human ratio has to be more stable than that, then. It's been in flux since RID. Hell, half of Armada had nothing but those damn tree-hugging kids.

I'm not saying Animated's gonna rape my childhood. Hell, my childhood TF series that I grew up with was Beast Wars. The worst Animated would do is that they make Blackarachnia's personality completely opposite. Also, you may be right about kids liking the Teen Titans aspect of things. It wasn't the same when I was little, but times have changed, and I guess I have to change as well. I'm not a Gee-whunner; I'm not against Hasbro for what they're doing. They can make millions off of Animated. I DON'T CARE. Just as long as it doesn't suck me in like Armada did, I think I may come out just fine.

Who knows? Maybe I might change my mind like I did back when I was against the live-action movie. Maybe over time, between now and the time Animated hits America, my opinion might change. Hell, I may even get just one Animated toy EVER and I'd still be against it. I dunno.

Well...damn, again, you got me there. I mean, the initial three episodes of G1 was just simple. Autobots leave Cybertron. Decepticons follow. The Ark crashes into a volcano. Four million years later, the Transformers reawaken and start their war again on Earth for the energy. I guess that was it until the movie. Season 3 was just pointless. Most of it was just Quintessons and Rodimus doubting his leadership duties. That was it. I guess I'm beaten there then. :( 

Cartoon Network's just not what it used to be anymore. They canceled some of the best cartoons around in favor of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, and Camp Lazlo. Ed, Edd, n Eddy's the only good show left, and that's probably gonna get cancelled. Plus, they're airing live-action stuff when it's supposed to be an ALL-CARTOON channel. What part of CARTOON Network does the president in charge not understand? And since there's going to be a live-action series airing next month (Out of Jimmy's Head) and a live-action Ben 10 movie coming out in November, I just have a gut feeling Cartoon Network's gonna get renamed "Live-Action Network: Guest-Starring Cartoons you don't give a rat's ass about!".

I still can't believe Tom Kenny, the guy who's played as Spongebob Squarepants, could even pull off a Starscream voice at all. One that sounded like a mix of Latta and Dobson. I guess I should reserve judgement until the show airs then. Or until we see small clips leaked onto Youtube showcasing Tom Kenny voicing Starscream.

And you hit me there also with that rebuttal as well. Guess a War Within Cartoon wouldn't even work out either. If Animated's gonna be the next TF series, then let it be. I've lost faith in the TF shows since Energon anyway.

If I am the death of Transformers, then I would have touched the franchise with the finger of death a long time ago after the animated movie aired.

18. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Theme song.
    Speaking parts for Optimus Prime, Bulkhead, Bumblebee.
    Speaking parts for Megatron, Starscream.
    Pictures of toys, first images of Black Arachnia, the Dinobots, and the rumored Sentinel Prime.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Is this the sci fi tank hover craft we saw or is there another tank toy on the way?

20. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Only saw it briefly during BotCon's presentation. Looks like a mix of G1 and War Within, but colored in G1 colors.