Why they should do TF4 & TF5 back to back.(how it would help the franchise even more)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SamWitwickyGirl, Dec 3, 2011.

1. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Tf4 & TF5 coming back to back (From the same movie verse) would
    be way better than a reboot, and it would actually be able to benefit the
    characters/plot/and even more! First of all, I just want to say that it's way
    too soon for a reboot. It would have to re introduce all of the characters
    instead of focusing on a new, edgy plot line. These movies have too many
    fans, and make wayy too much money for there being any logical reason
    as to why they would even consider it. It's not like it's years and years down the line.

Some of you say, "All of the decepticons are dead! It would be pointless!" But they
    can come up with plenty of ideas. It's not impossible. First off, they could bring
    in new characters from the large TF lore, and there could be new leaders.
    But aside from that, all of the plotlines in these movie focus on the effects of the final
    days on Cybertron. So, they could show flashbacks on cybertron and earth
    to explain the plot with megatron, and all of the other dead decepticons. Also,
    another idea is to have a secret hidden legacy of Megatron that he left behind. (A legacy
    for the decepticons ofcourse. :D ) And it was hidden all these years cause it was
    a "Work in progress". It could be like an invention that could actually cause the
    decepticons to win for good. Then that could lead up to a cliffhanger with
    the decepticons winning at the end of TF4. Then TF5 could have the autobots winning again. :) 
    (I dont know if this would work, because i never seen TF prime, but could dark energon work?)
    There's an idea for the people who want the decepticons too look stronger instead of being
    completely defeat-able. that way the good guys still win at the end. :)  (Which, ofcourse needs
    to happen.)

Also, since there's more movies they could have more time to focus on the thing that you
    wanted to happen. Like, the autobots could mention Ironhide and appreciate him after his death. Same
    with Jazz (even though that was a while ago). With more movies, there's more time to focus on some
    plot points in the previous movie. There's an idea for the dead autobot fans. Another good benefit for continuing with the same franchise, is we could see how the world
    changes due to the Transformers even more. In the third one, we have energon detectors.
    I'd like to see what else they can come up with. Id like to see how far
    the humans in the world have come since they were revealed the big
    secret in TF2. (That wouldnt happen with a complete reboot btw)

Any other ideas for a Tf4, Tf5 back to back? Post here. Also, feel free to add on to what i said,
    because im not familiar with other versions of transformers, so some of you know more than i do
    when it comes to other TF elements.I think having a saga for at least 5 movies will have a better Official ending. The ending in TF3 just didn't feel official and it felt too soon. And two more movies in this movie verse could open up a reboot for the far future (for those who wanted a reboot.) Remember, there's a lot of room for improvement, so those who wish they could have done something different, each movie seems to improve.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well there is the possiblty of his generals arriving to Earth to crush the Autobots like Straxus,Thunderwing,and Dezaras.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't too long ago there was a rumor on here that TF4 and TF5 would be shot at the same time, which, to me, screams a 2-part story with a cliffhanger ending to the first part. Despite being completely unverifiable, the rumor makes sense, especially if the producers are trying to convince Bay to come back.

I think shooting them back to back is a great idea. I can't think of a downside.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    How many threads on TF4 do you need?

5. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry. This is my last one, i think....i just keep thinking on how tf4 would be much better than reboot. :) 

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

tf 4 movie need fesh new autobots and decepiticons
    bumblebee turn into goldbug
    optimus prime turn into powermaster optimus prime

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Dude Optimus is already a demigod powerhouse any further upgrade and he will be able to blow up planets like Goku!

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well I still like the idea of a reboot better than we can we just keeping going on exactly the same. We've had the Transformers need the All Spark or the race is doomed, they need the energon from the sun harvester or they are doomed, and now destroyed their home planet yet somehow we will make more movies about how the next artifact is doom. Plus there isn't much left that Prime couldn't easily kill given how much more powerful he gets each film.

Going to be hard to get rid of some bad ideas like the detectors which means the whole concept of robot in disguise is just thrown out the window if being a car only means you can get from one place to the other faster.

But back to back filming isn't a bad idea because the two films could be connected better. I know Bay was against cliff hangers but if done right cliff hangers can be a great film making tool.

9. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Please tell me this is your final thread on Tf4

10. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    No i disagree completely.

11. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

We need a remake. I f they just come out with a new random threat, then it would just seem pointless. I love the trilogy, i really do, but the only hope for the franchise is a remake (notice i didnt say reboot.)

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

One thing that I find impossible to understand, is the delusion that more sequels will somehow improve on the film series. Transformers is a franchise based on change and always reboots itself. The fact that they do not seem to want to reboot the films means they think they work fine the way they are. This means they do not want improvements, they want things to stay as they are.

Bay has recently made it clear that if he returns (which I'm sure he will) he will continue to care more about effects than character and story. Spielberg has made t clear that he cares more about the general public than fans. That means dumbed down films with way too much humor and a mental kid going around, with no military training, killing the biggest Decepticons. This also means no time for reflection, remorse or mourning.

The idea that this is a dying race would make more armies stupid. How many TFs are still alive?

Another thing that annoyed me about what you said is that you got the meaning of legacy completely wrong. A legacy is not a devise or any kind of mcguffin. A legacy is a cause that you leave behind. A reason for people to fight on and the name you leave behind for yourself.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

I was going to post a nice quip with thoughts backing up your statement, but it seems you pretty well covered it. :thumb 

We the people who desire more from tf films can sit here and say till our ears turn blue it is possible to have good action and some actual story telling at the same time, but things like that fall on deaf ears around here mostly. Bay and people like him have done their best to try to make people forget that, and it appears they have succeeded.

Meanwhile I am going to go watch some Penguins of Madagascar, more story in 30 minutes of one episode of that than the entire 8ish hours of the baylogy.. :) 

14. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ^Penguins rule. I love that show

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Thanks.

16. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Honestly, I'd like to see a new trilogy, but I'd like to see a prequel set on Cybertron that covers the war.

17. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

I don't mind this at all....Because we get more than a quick reboot which don't makes sense unless you wait like 5 yrs to let the fandom slowly fade movie wise.....I dig the Megatron Idea.....I'd like to see Unicron....rebuild Megs but don't rename him Galvatron.....if so hey as long as I get to see my boy Optimus Prime laying some beatdowns still like he did when I was super young during the G1 days.....I'm cool.....Who Dat? Its Sunday......Geaux Saints....off topic....sorry.....lol

Til all are one

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think people are more open to reboots now than they were in the past because it's getting to be a more common thing with movie and TV.

Reboots seem to bring a lot of buzz and excitement with them so it's a tool Hollywood is more likely to use. Look at how much attention things like the reboot to Battlestar Galactica got, or how a reboot of Thundercats has worked out well for Cartoon Network so far.

Sure reboot is still a bad word for some people but it seems like more and more people are open to the idea that reboots or major shake up to a series can freshen up a series like it did for James Bond.

19. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

What exactly is the difference? JW.

20. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

While flashbacks and all sound pretty good, I'd rather have a prequel. Show the final days of Cybertron, or show when Megs found earth, and Capt. Archibald Witwicky discovering him. A prequel trilogy does work so much better than a reboot.