Why the Hatred for Critics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotAvalanche, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    So they liked a movie you didn’t, ergo they’re shills? Sterling logic there, Holmes.

I see this forum is still utterly unfamiliar with perspective. Jesus wept, do me a favour and read these things to yourself before you post them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

I read my post and still stand by it. Critics only like a terribly flawed Disney movie if it means getting a bribe out of it. The Last Knight gets shit on for being garbage yet this gets gets a pass from critics who praise shit like Mother and Arrival.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  3. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    Fandom was a mistake.

4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

See, this is why I always deny being a dedicated part of any fandom or never bother with belonging to any nerd clubs. Or waste my time at conventions...

I can take responsibility for my own rudeness and troling but I'd rather not be held co-responsible for fits thrown by angry dork armies these day and age known as "fandoms".

I'm sorry, but no amount of opinions, even if they're true, can stop me from enjoying a movie even if I know that it might be a bad movie...

But for an average moviegoer who's not really invested into any franchise having any way of knowing on what to spend their $ is better than having no way to tell it at all.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That critics are only good when they agree with me does seem to crop up a lot. If critics love something you are a fan of then critics must be a wonderful thing but if critics dare to not agree with your fan tainted glasses well they must be the spawn of evil out to stomp out all joy in the world. It would be kind of interesting to see how tunes change if The Bumblebee movie ends up as some highly praised film by critics.

I don't always agree with critics, but it's not the end of the world if they say thumbs down and I say thumbs up. TV critics were pretty harsh on The Orville but it's my favorite new TV series of 2017.

• Like Like x 2
  6. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Idk, TLK is a great movie. I loved it. Were there cringe moments in it..yea..

Kids and robot death scene was cringe..

But overall, like TLJ I disagreed hard core with the critic scores. If Cybertron is to come to earth, like the G1 ultimate doom. The way it was done, was great. I'm probably a minority, but I'm used to that being a Skywarp fan.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Aside from, you know, wanting a good TF movie, I really want BB to be good just to see how this plays out if it is.

• Like Like x 2
  8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    As far as unnecessary, critiquing threads about movie critics could be in that category imho. :) 

Posts deleted, please remember do not bring in Politically charged, hot button topics into this forum... Rule 3.. ... most of what's going on in Hollywood has been a long time coming, but not for discussion on this toy forum, and off topic for this thread anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Heck I just want good movies in general whoever they come from. But yea if the Bumblebee movie could pull off a 97% like the director's last film Kubo and the Two Strings then I can't wait to read what sort of posts people would be making about critics then. Given that Bumblebee is set in the 80's I wonder how many tunes would change there as well since there has been all those "oh Transformers needs to get over the 80's".

I still remember that time when the first Transformers movie didn't have spaceships and people were defending the choice by saying space ships were stupid for transforming robots. Then we got space ships in later films and the attitudes changed to why of course they need space ships.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think we just became best friends.

11. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't usually listen to critics, although I do have fun debates over how I could possibly like the Transformers films with a good friend of mine from time to time. That's about it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Let’s be fair here: The Last Jedi May have its problems resulting in a “C” letter grade as opposed to an “A-“ or “B+”.. but it still isn’t as bad as The Last Knight. That one is a solid “D-“.

And a critic liking “The Last Jedi” isn’t enough to assume they are shilling for Disney;
    But when they release stories proclaiming that The Last Jedi is the most intellectual / intelligent of all the Star Wars films in order to combat fan backlash over a mediocre product... well that is undeniably shilling.

13. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    What is the most intelligent Star Wars movie?

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Good question.
    I’m not sure that there is a singular one;
    If I was to force myself... I would have to go with either Star Wars (ANH) oe Empire strikes back.
    Star Wars was well deserving of its awards and best picture nomination... but I think Empire was a greater achievement with a better characterization, execution of story, etc.,

I would have to lean toward Empire- if I had to pick any. Of course, in 5 minuets I might say Star Wars. Return of the Jedi would come in 3rd.

Empire tho was an expansion on the Star Wars world, well thought out, well laid out and well executed. I’ll even go so far as to say that the principal actors went from being line reciters with no acting abilities to actually delivering performances.

But I say this, not because any of them were deep, or clever, or pretentious... but by the lack contrived content, or unstable plot elements, questionable actions of characters passed off as normal or common, or an otherwise lack of ‘stupid things’ that happen.

Least intelligent?
    Again, weighing execution, unstable or unnecessary plot... I’d have to put The Phantom Menace at the very bottom.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'd call The Last Jedi the boldest Star Wars film. Not the smartest, or most intellectually interesting, just the boldest. And that includes the possibility that this boldness will leave the next film to fall on its face if not followed up.

16. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently people cant recognize the difference between liking a movie and that movie being garbage....Those two things are not separate from each other...You CAN like garbage movies,thats fine but liking them doesnt make them good..Objectively Transformers movies are bad movies,because they are bad at everything..Characters,storytelling,humour..Its just trash

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Don't say this, don't say that, change your lyrics, everybody's a critic. It's gettin' kinda hectic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love Howard the Duck

19. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've made my own cut down fan edits of all the films, working on TLK right now

20. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    If you don’t mind my asking: what makes it the boldest?