Why the character of "The Fallen" won't appear in ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by samtheman, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

This thread is my personal opinion on why the comic book character known as "The Fallen" won't appear in Revenge of the Fallen.

1. Lots of things "fell" in the first movie which the title Revenge of the Fallen could account for:
    a. Sector 7
    b. 75% of the Decepticons
    c. Jazz
    d. Sam

2. "The Fallen" is a little known character from a comic book that the average movie goer will have no idea who it is or why he is in there.

3. There will already be at least 20 new characters in ROTF. Even if the movie is longer then the first one I could see the bots story becoming incredibly bland already.

4. Neither Bay nor Orci have literally said "The Fallen is the main enemy in ROTF"

More reasons will be added as they come to mind.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I agree with you on all accounts, however, prepare to be flamed by our lovely TFW memebers.

3. samtheman

If they want to flame me they can wait until after they see the movie...

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Flame on.

5. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Chances are people don't remember anything about G1 toon or comics apart from the most iconic characters and the basic premise. Heck, most movie-goers probably wouldn't even know who half the characters in modern superhero movies are before going to see them. It's up to the movie to tell the story and fill them in on what they're watching.

6. fallen2341

fallen2341 Well-Known Member

the Fallen is probably the main antagonist. He is like satan. They should make him scarier than megatron.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I would have agreed with the OP, were it not that sufficient material has leaked to confirm The Fallen is in the movie. Sorry d00dz.

8. fallen2341

Did any of you see "The Loop", He said someone told him that he is 90% sure the fallen is in the movie

9. samtheman

Wow that is a super "HE TELL ME".

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The recent comic covers seem to disagree with you.

11. samtheman

I tried to avoid the comic book discussion but here it is. A face doesn't confirm anything. That could be anyones face. No one knows what The Fallen looks like.

12. fallen2341

Well, Fallen seems more...Serious, Than Megatron coming back and becoming Galvatron again. Seriously that whole galvatron thing has been done to death.

13. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I disagree. I suspect The Fallen will appear as a character, if not for the whole movie than as a controlling power (like Emperor Palpatine before Jedi) who aids the Decepticons. The fact that "fallen" can also refer to the Decepticons themselves only adds a delicious double meaning to the title. Just a hunch I have.

I don't think any of your reasoning would exclude The Fallen appearing as a character.

14. fallen2341

I like your idea better, that sounds cool

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Chris Ryall, Simon Furman and Chris Mowry seem to disagree with you, samtheman, and they have the script for this movie. Do you have the script?

Evidently Michael Bay and Paramount disagree with you as well, since after they were made aware of the interviews by the IDW employees to two separate websites, both interviews were censored, with all references to The Fallen and IDW having possession of the script removed.

16. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1. Revenge of Sam? Seriously? This movie is going to be about Sam's or Sector 7's revenge? Jazz, an unimportant throw-away character in the first movie? Is it his revenge? The only one you named that is at all plausible is "Decepticons."

2. The first movie had Blackout, Barricade, and Bonecrusher.

3. Yep. Michael Bay isn't known for his story telling. Making stuff blow up, sure.

4. And they haven't said he isn't.

17. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

which is most likely who the fallen is about...did you guys notice that no one from anywhere mentioned the character the fallen untill it was brought up from the fanbase...a character so unheard of...even by the fans was remembered by orci and michael bay? The reason there is so much speculation about the fallen being in the movie is becuase the production team saw the community arguing over it and they went with it fueling the fire. They didnt want anythign to leak...the best way to get peoples attention away from the real stuff is by misleading them, its a diversion tactic

who were no where near main villians or even characters for that matter. The fallen is supposed to be some super villian from out of no where...it makes no sense to include him. it would be franchise suicide

this really has nothing to do with anything

they didnt say cy-kill was in either, or sixshot, or primus, or unicron...maybe all those guys are in the movie too!

18. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i agree, the main reasons why i believe the fallen wont be in the movie are:

A) no time to introduce a new supervillian on the fallens scale especially when we are introducing the new characters ontop of showing the returning characters ontop of explaining how megatron is back ontop of sam being in school and all other human scenes, just no time to make it work

B) megatron is confirmed as being back, why make a villian more powerful than the supposed most powerful villian?

C) no prior mention/foreshadowing of the fallen existed in the first movie which means the entire back story will have to be included this time around..not enough time for it to work

D) not enough time

19. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you know he's supposed to be "some super villain from out of no where"? That seems like speculation on your part. You have no idea how the Fallen will appear in the film if he does at all, nor does anyone else who has not read the script. You seem to think The Fallen can't possibly be in the movie because your vision of how he would appear doesn't fit with what you want / expect.

20. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Faulty logic to the rescue!

I agree, the Fallen COULD be about the Decepticons. I am not arguing whether he is or isn't, but how plausible it is.

It's not hard to believe they would change the main villain for the second movie. No other Villain has the name recognition of Megatron though so they would have to keep re-using him as the main villain over and over, with the slight exception of Galvatron.

Yes, it does have to do with something. It contradicts his point.

Durr hurr! Maybe they are! Given the title of the movie we have reason to suspect that the Fallen is in it. It's not called Revenge of Cykill. Try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.