Why so serious?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OmegaVPrime, Jan 13, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Okay so I have viewed the DarkKnight trailer several times, and I must say, I am proud of Heath Ledger. Obviously like most, hereing the directors choice was because Heath had "soulful eyes" was a smack in the face at the time. Now like any other batman fan I have always embrassed the possibilities of Nicholson heading back to the purple suit, but the facts are here, heath makes a great joker and I have great faith he will do justice in place of Jack. But anyways what is everyones opinions and veiws on him being casted for darknight as our beloved and sinister villian?

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    at first i was slightly put off, then seeing the trailer made me excited, but then thinking about it, it still doesnt seem joker enough to me....he's supposed to be having fun while doing these psychotic things, not just acting psychotic....i think BTAS was the only time joker has really been done right....but i hope the movie is good, and think that it totally will be good...

3. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

This is a totally different Joker, and change is great; what the heck is the point of seeing the same thing all over again.

I'm really looking forward to what this new villain can ruin for our dark hero.

4. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Well I kinda like the "physco" factor of the joker. But he sort of looks like he is having fun in the car that he was driving like a mad man, sticking his body out of the window :lol ! Whatever the case, I am interested in a more sinister joker, I wouldn't be to happy about having scars etched like a smile on my face! :lolol 

5. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

I love the way Heath is playing Joker, and I love how Joker is being written. THIS is Joker, diabolical and laughing at his own carnage. Not the caricature that Jack Nicholson played.

But I still don't like the look. And I don't like how the make-up lady (the only one who says this) keeps saying "The idea is that Joker doesn't care about his appearance." Oh really? Yet he's got this custom VERY nice purple suit? He doesn't care, but he did go through the trouble of putting on make up? Who would have a taste for the theatrical yet NOT care if the theatrics actually was on?

Joker has always cared about his appearance. He's narcissistic.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The reason I like this, and why I like Nolan's take on the Batman franchise, is because they're trying to keep it as "realistic" as possible.

This Joker wasn't mutated and screwed up because he fell in a vat of acid. This Joker has always been a totally fucked up individual who wears makeup.

After what Nolan did reviving the franchise with Begins, I'll keep the faith until something ends up being bad.

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I couldn't agree more with this. I love how he's keeping everything real with this franchise and explains things to us, like how Bruce got all his gadgets and what not. This take on Joker, from what I've seen, is just great. I can't wait for this movie to come out.

8. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Agreed, this is exactly the kind of realism to life it is to making a true villian! Not someone that is horrible disfigured thanks to a radio active dog, or a man with no legs called stubs because he was in a horrible singing accident. Its the troubled youngster who grows up being pushed around and shoved until he or her snaps! In the words of buddy rydel "your the cashier"!

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Like Lumpy said, Ledger's Joker would've been better if he's more happy when doing his deeds. Looks like he's more mental than insane if you catch my drift. I do like him better than Nicholson's Joker who I never taken liking to. And yes his makeup is a big turn offs for me too... should've been much more refined rather than "smearing mascara all over his face" kind of look.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

im very excited for this version. but does anyone know if scarecrow will return I just feel we didnt get enough of him in begins. they coulda done so much more

11. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I dought it, if any other villan were to be in this movie I would have expected twfo face to be in it

12. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I dought it, if any other villan were to be in this movie I would have expected two face to be in it

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what little we've seen, I think he's doing a great job, and will be one of the best incarnations of the Joker over the years, imo. I showed the trailer to my father, he asked me who was playing the joker, so I told him the truth, that it was Heath Ledger. Sadley his comment was that they might as well call it Brokeback Batman.

14. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Yeah I just hope the scenes are better.

15. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Even though the Nolan bat-movies are a more realistic take on the Bat-franchise, it's actually closer to the comic characters than ANY of the other movies. Bale as Batman was more like comic Bats that Keaton (who was just a guy in a bat-suit).

The Burton movies more closely resembled the comics, visually, but character and story wise, were way off, IMO. I'm pretty confident (with what I've seen and heard so far) that Nolan's Joker will the same sick, sadistic bastard we love in the books as opposed to Nicholson in a in make-up and a purple suit.

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I am excited about the movie, but something in the trailers just doesn't click when it comes to the Joker.

I can't quite put my finger on it, it's like he's the wrong kind of crazy or something, but then again, we are only talking about the trailers, I'm sure he will fit better once the character is fleshed out in the movie.

17. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I question though since I have never read the comics, I only assume that the joker will have the "If you couldn't be nice to me, then I will make your life H3ll" attitude, instead of the"I am having fun while killing you because I can" attitude if you see what I mean, I want phsyco killer not a joker with whitty humor and great killer jokes.

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

There were shots of Cillian Murphy on the Dark Knight set floating around so I say yes.

19. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I wished though that 2 faced was in the movie! That would make my life, as much as I love the joker, 2 faced would be a great adition to the villans, this might be a diff topic but it would!

Anyways I hope Heaths make up doesnt petray to much of "how human" he is, I like the joker to seem more obscure away from the human psyche, that kind of factor is what I believe the joker should be, the outcast that snaps the chain and begins his onslaught on humanity, not giving a @55 rats about what others have to say.

The kind of joker that actually is so insane he forgets how human he is in himself, kind of like believing your the idol and shouldn't answer to anyone. Maybe more like the goblin in spider man, Willem Dafoe who is my aunts sisters father in law.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ledger IS the Joker..simple as that. Just from the trailer and 5 minute preview..he looks to have done an amazing job.

I didn't really care for Nicholson's Joker. Not to say he didn't do a good job..he just wasn't playing the Joker.

Eckhart is playing Dent in the movie..and yes, he does become Two Face. Was confirmed some time ago I do believe.