Why so much hate for the haters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscream NZ, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sinewav

sinewav Member

Agreed, I think that because of harsh Critical reaction some fans of ROTF who enjoyed it feel the need to defend the movie purely to reverse the tide of these negative reviews. I think that fans need to understand that part of the problem with the reviews is that it is a Bay film which that alone makes the film a target by critics. Many critics (myself included) have issues with Bay as a director and that lends itself to some bias in any film he is in.

However in this case I feel that much of the criticism is warranted here as this film shows more the "The Island" side of Michael Bay than the "The Rock" side of him.

2. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

What would I expect?

Tactfulness, politeness....not insults and hyperbole.

Was that microwave meal done out of consideration or was it presented with spite? And if it was presented with spite, just dump it in the trash and move on.

Class. It's needed.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i suppose you weren't belittling, but i felt like you were generalizing me as a belligerent numbskull, power crazy on keyboard courage, when in fact you were merely exaggerating the amount of times that i've said in a post that the plot made perfect sense to me. my mistake.

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

I was raised better then that, so i'd just politely tell them I don't care for the dish. The way you described it, seems very rude and unmannered.

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    :lolol  that's exactly it! well played.
    *goes and gets some MacDonald's

6. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Well said! :thumbs2: 

7. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

they said it once, and in all fairness.....the guy really is.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I failed in my paragraph. I was trying to convey that a person would upon reviewing such material, would lash out at its quality. Not exactly lash out directly at the person who served them the dish. Were I talking to Mr Bay, I would be more polite in my criticisms of his movie(s). But since this is a forum on which we can project our opinions, we are all critics. Many people who will review the movie will react very negatively, this is amplified when we have a keyboard to hide behind. The real problem though is with the haters of the haters. Its as I described, they attempt to force the opinion of the person with the good palate into saying their opinion is incorrect and they should be ridiculed for having such a high taste in movies.

9. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

*DING DING DING!!!*

You win, that's pretty much it exactly. Just replace "Scrapple" with "RotF" and you just described the hater threads.

**I don't eat scrapple, but I have, and it's not bad**

10. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, Gigatron. But I'd still prefer some class!:)  (Not directed at you, just in general.)

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same here.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm a furry >_>

I also happen to be a bit of a cinemaphile myself, I love film, have a relatively decent sized collection (not thousands of films, but I just can't afford a collection like that) ranging from things like Sunset Boulevard, Citizen Kane, Casablanca to things like Jackass, Transformers, fucking Jack Frost 1 and 2 even. So no, it isn't just the mindless masses with no taste in film that are able to enjoy this movie.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    What do you mean suspicion? You make it sound like it was a big secret or something. I just never talk about it because it's never relevant!

Well I have about three hundred...

And yes, my collection too ranges far and wide, from Bambi to Cannibal Holocaust and from Gone With the Wind to Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no acceptable excuse for owning Jackass. :p 

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Why hate the haters?
    The answer is in the title: they are "haters".

After completely avoiding the movie forum prior to seeing the film I was looking forward to discussing all aspects of the film, good and bad, with fellow fans.
    But what I found was thread after thread of complaints and insults.
    Even negative threads that started out with complex points and well detailed views degenerated into haters just posting their singular viewpoint again and again at best, or personal attacks and insults at worst.

The forum was largely dominated by the same few individuals who seemed to have an agenda to not only derail other people's threads, but also start new threads again and again over mostly the same things that were covered elsewhere (and sometimes by themselves).
    When the dust settles I might revisit this forum but I'm done for now.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I personally don't care about what the critics say about the movies. I didn't like the review my local newspaper had made of the 1st movie, and I just ignored it as I found the first movie too awesome to pay heed to what the critics say.

I've yet to see ROTF, but seeing that it's doing well in the box office, and having to talk to my friends here on TFW2005 say that it's awesome, I would care less what the critics have to say about ROTF.

As to those who saw ROTF and said they hate it... I don't care if they hate it. As long as they give precise reasons why they don't like it, be constructive with their criticism of ROTF, then I respect their opinions and just move on.

But if people just say that they hate it because they just do, then that's where I might get on their case about it.

Otherwise, I don't hate anyone who hates ROTF. Not to sound rude or anything, but it wouldn't hurt for some people on this site to have respect for others' opinions.

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Well, actually..I own both of them :p 

DVD Aficionado

Not the biggest or most impressive, and there are plenty of films I should own/would like to own that I don't, either because I haven't been able to find them, or can't afford to buy them at the moment, etc.

17. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, here is mine. I organized mine by genre.

18. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    For some reason, I read that as "I organized mine by gender."

Maybe it's time for me to get new glasses.........

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Whew, quite a collection you have mate. ^.^

Funny enough, I'm getting ready to go and do just that, replace my broken pair, lol.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I don't see how that's the "real" problem, if the haters themselves are also trying to force the non-haters to see that their opinion is incorrect, and that they should be ridiculed for having such low standards. Both sides should acknowledge that their opinions are... is everyone ready for it? Can anyone guess? OPINIONS. A personal opinion on a matter of taste cannot be correct or incorrect, so nobody should be forcing anyone to say that theirs is wrong. Nobody should be ridiculed for those opinions. IF, however, someone is so absorbed in their own opinions as to shout, call names, and resort to absurd hyperbole, then maybe some backlash and ridicule is warranted against such a self-absorbed, rude person--no matter which opinion is theirs.