Why so much hate for the haters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscream NZ, Jun 29, 2009.

1. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Because a lot of the haters challenge your intellect and state you have no brain function...blah, blah, blah. A sensible debate wouldn't warrant such hate.

2. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Some people get so mad because when you think something is utterly horrible, and the person next to you is ecstatic with its awesomeness, your logic begins to collapse (unless you manage to make a tiny thought that everyone has different tastes / ages / preferences / opinions).

It goes like this:

I believe in Black. You believe in White.

You don't believe what I believe, therefore you don't accept what I believe.

You reject what I believe. You reject what I think. Therefore, I think you call me insane.

You doubt me, you reject me, you feel superior to me. I am offended, dear sir.

Or some psycho-mumbo jumbo like that.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Shakespear was the best thing I could come up with that is universally used as a standard by which all other things are judged as either good or utter crap. I guess Oscar-worthy would have been another. I really have nothing against people wanting a better/smarter plot, but I will note that we got that with Beast Machines and everyone freakin' hated it (myself being the apparent exception).

I will agree with you on the humor though, that really got on my nerves and did so pretty quickly. And I could have gone the rest of my life without having seen John Turturro's ass.

4. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I think people so aggressively defending this film have some kind of persecution complex.

I wonder if they're furries.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I gave the movie a 5/10 rating and I do think there are definitely shortcomings with the movie, but some the venom spewed by some of the critics of this movie on this forum are going overboard. I understand there are attacks by both sides of the debate, but in the end we are all fans of Transformers and I'd hope that all of us wish to see this movie do well at the box office so we'll get many more movies based on this franchise in the future. That's why I am finding myself supporting this movie despite my beef with the story and the dumb jokes. Whether you like Bay or not he's taken a toy that we all love and turning it into a blockbuster movie franchise that's breaking records and making Transformers a household name. I don't know about you but this is the best time to be a TF fan and we should all be thankful for it.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I feel there's a bit of overcompensation going on for the trashing the last movie took. Like, this one was supposed to be the one that shut everyone up and proved Bay's awesomeness. Then the critics came out and spoiled the party, so everyone went into super defense mode.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Wow, way to go and be exactly why people hate the haters. So because I like it I am some kind of "furry' freak with a persecution complex? Wow, thank for analyzing me Doctor!

8. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

my guess is that some people are just tired of the people who treat everything as the end of the world...worst movie ever...raped my childhood...blah blah blah. People who are at such extreme ends of the spectrum are usually just taking pride in how much hate they can spew. They're never happy with anything. I'm not even going to address their arguments because arguing is pointless.

truk not munkey
    A/E/C sucks
    Animated will kill transformers
    The movie is the worst movie ever made.

If you hate everything, then why are you transformers fan? If you can love the g1 cartoon for all its flaws, give some slack to something else and try to enjoy it too.

9. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I think this shows the most common problem on the boards. Posters use the word fact when expressing an opinion. That is what gets me.

Your Opinion is not a Fact. You can't prove TF2 was good or bad.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    This is the best thing I've read on the entire thread. and I 210 percent agree.

My opinion as a whole is that all the TF sites are full of cry babies and drama queens when it comes to Opinions. but come on you know the drill by now and nothing anybody says or does should suprise anybody anymore.

I love that there are at least 40 percent or so that are actually smart and grown and voice their opinions in a very mature manner but let's face facts, most folks on these sites really have nothing better to do than to complain about everything.

Just speak your peace and leave to another thread. don't stick around to be flamed otherwise you brought it upon yourself at that point and your adding fuel to the fire.

Just speak your opinions about whatevr subject then kindly move to another thread, especially if you don't wanna hear folks respond with an opinion or thought that disagrees with what you said.

Drama is pointless and can easily be avoided, if more than half the people just didn't respond to somebody's post that they didn't agree with.

and yes it's true everybody loves to debate but where do you draw the line anymore eh?

11. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

They are about as bad as the people who treat everything as it's the greatest thing since the dawn of time...best movie ever...Bay can have my babies...blah blah blah.

The most annoying thing is that both sides ignore every rational comment out there and continue to start outlandish threads.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Here is the difference:

Opinion 1: "I don't like the way Scrapple tastes. I will order bacon"

Opinion 2: "Dear god, this place serves Scrapple? What kind of moron crap runs this place that they would serve bonemeal ground up with pig brain and snouts? You might as well fry up dogturds and sell it to customers. I have never eaten it but I don't need to eat buffalo crap to know it tastes bad. I suppose the customers are really to blame with their low-brow ignorant tastes eating basically garbage, too stupid and uneducated to know what 'good food' actually is. And the smell is so foul it literally makes me throw up when I smell it. Oh... You are ordering scrapple? That's cool, I respect your opinion of liking scrapple."

Kinda hard to take the discussion seriously when a lot of the negative opinions are presented as backhanded insult insulting those who like something. Each expression of 'dislike' has to be more outragous and dramatic than the next in order for people to actually read thier posts opposed to simply stating 'I don't like it' and moving on.

PS: I like Scrapple, I know how it is made and I don't care. I didn't expect a Morton's steakhouse fillet Mignon when I ordered Scrapple.

13. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:

Exactly. I'll defend my view, but the name calling and insulting is too much to have a discussion. You can be passionate and civil at the same time

14. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. For the love! Get over it people.

15. NitrogenB

Yes. This too.

16. NitrogenB

Hahahaha, this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. It's so true. You can present your opnion. A lot of times, it's not the opinion that's getting bashed but the way it's presented.

17. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I agree with this as well. People on the extremes are usually a little off. I always ignore reviews that give a 1/10, or 10/10 or best ever or worst ever.

I wish people would just realize things are not as extreme as they make it out to be. Enjoy what you can. I'd rather have the movies we got than nothing at all...and since no one is producing peoples fantasy-transformers-movie, those are our choices.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I've said all along that they are insecure.

19. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting the idea of angry negative and glowing positive reviews are new. What's been new (to me anyway) is just how over the top the response has been to either side.

20. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I agree 100% with the first part. It is what I thought of when I read the title of this thread. However the second part of your post was completely out of the blue and has raised red flags. You are now under suspicion of being a furry. Please report to party headquarters fore reeducation.

Also can haters of the haters please explain to me how people who liked the movie can have their own opinion while people who disliked the film such as pro critics (as well as fellow fans) should not have their own opinions?

And as for the sharp language used by those who dislike the film, oh well. Better get used to criticism. What would you expect if you went up to somebody who is used to eating food produced by a gourmet chef and you served him something out of your microwave or from Mc Donalds? I would fully expect the person to react negatively; calling the food vile, and something only a swine would eat. It works the same with movies. Those people who have a sophisticated taste in movies are simply expressing the distaste for what Mr Bay has served to them. People defending the movie seem to be telling those people that they are wrong and appear to be pitching another serving of the rejected dish.