why so much exctiement for Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JannTosh, Jun 12, 2018.

1. JannTosh

JannTosh Member

sure it has a different director but it looks to retread the same stuff we saw in TF1 Not to mention numerous other movies like The Iron Giant, ET etc

I don't get why they are even making a Bumblebee movie Why didn't they just get Travis Knight to direct TF6?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:

People love to see a change. After 5 movies with the same formula, people are ready to move on. Also, I don't think that this is a 'world saving movie'. From the info we have so far, this is more like the first Deadpool movie. Not everything should be about saving the world.

As to why Bumblebee movie, I think Hasbro/Paramount decided to go the new Star Wars way: Main Story -> Spinoff -> Main Story -> Spinoff -> Main Story etc. from TLK onward.

• Like Like x 6
  3. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    ...so, technically, this IS TF6...

A completely original idea is fairly hard to come by anymore. Almost everything borrows elements from something. At this point, I'd just be happy were still getting TF movies after TLK bombed...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Bumblebee seems to be at a crossroads right now, between the probable end of the Bayverse and the start of something new (which the marketing claims that Bumblebee itself is, although, it remains to be seen on what degree that is). Everyone has their hopes and concerns for the future of the franchise. And Bumblebee (at least, marketing-wise) seems to play to all expectations at the same time. Expectation leads to speculation and that leads to excitement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Personally, I wish they would let Travis Knight create his own thing, completely (and I mean completely) independent of aesthetic luggage and whatever continuity and lore established before. That's something I would truly consider a reboot, for all intents and purposes. In my opinion, this seems to be far from it. But that doesn't mean, necessarily that it can't be an interesting and enjoyable movie for what it is. If it tries some new things and opens up the franchise to some new creative paths along the way, to be explored in the future, even better. That's my biggest hope for the movie, really.

• Like Like x 1
  6. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it will likely be one of the best installments to date!

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Transformers, see, and...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Some of us aren't excited for it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

And what's wrong with The Iron Giant? That movie is dope.

I mean, if you really want to break it down? Avatar, the highest grossing movie of all time, is literally Pocahontas except fed through a sci-fi filter.

Retreading essential plot basics in narratives is something that's a given, but that's good because it establishes a sense of familiarity within the audience. What matters is how the next version of the core plot will be different from the last.

Because A) TLK flopped so badly and wrecked any credibility the writers room had that TF6 will never, ever happen due to the stigma, and B) it was part of the hilariously dumb idea that Transformers could actually support a cinematic universe on the level of Marvel without any thought going into first establishing a proper foundation since the original three movies were not intended to support such an endeavor. That being said, the irony that Bumblebee, the most over exposed character in the entire franchise, might actually have the best Transformers film because it's already looking to be significantly different than the last five in all the right ways.

Also, I imagine it would be really hard to find directors for a franchise that is openly mocked by critics simply for existing, because that would be an effective resume stain on their filmography lists - Tavis Knight is on record as saying he wanted to do a Transformers film, which alone made him a diamond in the rough for Paramount. It's a smart move on his part because his filmography is relatively light but if he can pull a miracle and salvage the Transformers movie franchise by reinventing it, then that would make him a HUGE name within the industry and a real feather in his cap for how young he is.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Beecause, after all of the dramatic carnages and world-ending threats of super robot warfare, it's nice to just buzz on back to the simpler stuff; a lone but plucky bot doing his best.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Except this time is has the possibility of being good.

So? Those numerous other movies didn't seem to mind being like the ones that came before. Why should this one? Both ET and Iron Giant are great movies, why can't Bumblebee?

• Like Like x 8
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Because since Transformers 2, it's left a lot of people uninterested. They forced two more movies, TF4 and TF5, only to draw less and less attention.

Bumblebee movie is the last chance for people that have given up on the franchise. Since the last few movies.

Travis Knight was chosen to bring a new feel to the franchise. And if performs really well, expect a reboot or more tf films.

• Like Like x 5
  13. voust

voust a man & a lover

People are just excited that it may actually be a "good" movie and it may possibly get rid of the disgrace Bay brought upon this franchise. Doesn't matter if it's a story we've seen before or not.

Also people want to see Hailee fucking Bumblebee cause it's obvious that it's gonna happen.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  15. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Technically it's TF0

0. Bumblebee
    1. TF 2007
    2. ROTF
    3. DOTM
    4. AOE
    5. TLK

16. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    If you want to follow the linear timeline of the movies, sure. But release wise, it's TF6

17. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Well, first live action Transformers movie with Bay as director, so there’s that

18. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Unknown Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Because it will be the first Transformer movie to have at least a chance at reaching a list of Top 10 Best Films of 2018

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wouldn't it be TF7? I seem to remember a movie in 1986. I guess TF6 live action.

20. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

Because I want to see this franchise survive after disastrous TLK