Why so many Generations next year?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hollywood Hoist, Feb 17, 2012.

1. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I am very grateful that it is not 40 more movie figures.... 38 of which would be Bumblebee repaints. Generations/Classics/CHUG is great, for those who agree let's just count our blessings that we're getting stuff that appeals to us!

2. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

the answer is simple , because hasbro hates the fans and only cater to kids << sarcasm

3. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :noob 

Yeah...THAT's why they they will have 40 Generations toys this year right? Because they love the fans. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Generations sold really well last year and they see it as something that can make the company money, no, no...

they do it out of fan love. << more sarcasm right back at you

:crazy: 

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Bold: Why would they throw toys from a line that will be up and running into another line? It doesn't make sense.

Italics: In a way, I hope they do this. It'll save me a bit of money, and give the Bayverse and TFA fans something to look forward to. That, and it'll save us from the obligatory "Y U NO MAKE MY TOYZ?!?!?!" threads.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Three words to Hasbro: Generations Blue Bacchus. :ev: 

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Because you touch yourself at night.

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    .:sly2: 

8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    2012 is obviously Shrek-formers year so why are you complaining?

Between the poorly chosen, overpriced Botcon exclusives, the mad rush for those Funpub repaints and the long drought we're currently enduring for anything remotely decent in retail (Wont see FOC Shockwave until the Fall). I say why not give us 40 Generations figures!

Shrek-formers for some reason is only focused on 5 autobots and 6 or 7 Decepticons so there's only so many figures you'll see in retail right....?

Generation's consist of a long list of historic characters that many of us have waited ages for. So who wouldn't break their neck for a quality Blitzwing?

And keep in mind the 40 speculated will likely be the broad picture which includes 6 of them going to Butcom, 3 going to Funpub and 20 getting the ax.

So with Hasbro and retail constantly screwing us, the Generations fans will be lucky to see 15 repaints and 5 new molds.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

What in the ever loving fuck is "shrek-formers?" And if you mean Prime your an idiot. Prime's first season had 7 Autobots, and 8 Decepticons.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's the stupid nickname some fans use for Prime. I don't think it makes much sense. Apparently, it comes from the fact that the cartoon is all CGI. Personally, I think it's an even worse nickname than CHUG.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Really? A CGI show = Shrekformers? So what is Beast Wars and Beast Machines?

I have to agree that is the dumbest name ever. I've seen it around and tried to make a connection between Shrek and Prime and I would have never guessed it was only because it is CGI. I wouldn't even consider Shrek the definition of CGI. Le sigh.

12. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just hope that not many are repaints

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    what if they're good repaints? like Scourge from RTS Prime? or the present Scourge into Alpha Trion or Devcon?

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's a failed attempt at a condescending nickname for Transformers Prime. Someone hasn't watched enough cartoons to know that CGI is fairly common for cartoons now so Shrek was the only CGI cartoon they could think of.

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Well a 3D modeled show like Prime is 100% CGI. But even a show like TFA would be CGI. Not 100%, but 50/50. And even the hand drawn parts would have been done directly into a computer with a digital pen thing (I have no idea what the hardware is called).

16. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    I have a few friends that are professional CG artists. Digital pen is acceptable and probably used by some companies. The tablets themselves are usually called something like "interactive pen" or "pen tablet" and so on. The part that looks like a pen is usually referred to as a stylus. The expense of these things can get quite up there. My old roommate made a big deal when he bought a brand new Wacom Cintiq for his last year as a student. When his car broke down, after spending over $1000 to repair it he said he regretted doing that as it would have made more sense to just sell his car and buy a more expensive tablet.

EDIT: And as an explanation, technically even the hand drawn parts are CGI for the brunt of animation from the mid-90s on. CG work is basically either illustrating or sculpting, if not both, depending on the style involved. What most of us laypeople would call CG is specifically 3D CG, as its rare to see something on screen that is not CG even when it is just 2D. Which is what you were saying before, just wanted to back that up.

17. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I wonder if botshots is included in the "Generations 40 count".

18. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Wow I hope not, that would kill any enthusiasm I have for the coming year's releases. If somebody else likes them that's great but they are not for me.

19. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    24 of the 40 = a minicon 12 pack (Kmart exclusive, again) and 4 other Minicon 3 packs. None of them will be new molds. :dunce 

The other 16 will consist of 8 new molds and 8 DotM/Prime/Generations repaints. The repaints will all homage Tonka's Gobots. The new molds will be another combiner, made up of 4 limbs only, and 4 Armada Homages/Reimaginings/Updates.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Because the roster for Prime is really weak and they need something else to fill the pegs in it's place. That's the big flaw in the small roster nonsense. Animated didn't have that problem as they introduced new characters all the time. That was the right way to do it.

Dude...that is still a lot. There's no getting away from that.